The Cast
Me – Julie – 42
DH – John – 46
DS – Lewis – 12

Pre-trippie
Day 1

Day 2
Sunday 5 February 2017

Alarm went off at 8am and I gently got us all up. The weather was dry, yippee!

Breakfast this morning was in the convention centre and there was quite a bit of a wait to get in, about 15 minutes which I’ve never waited before. Must be due it being a weekend. Enjoyed our breakfast and were soon on our way to the park.

By the time we got outside the rain was pelting down and it was also really cold. We wrapped up and headed off to the parks.

Lewis wanted to try for Crush so we made for the Studios. It was just after 9:40 and there were some queues building to get in. We got inside and veered right to look at the Crush queue. Wait time was already 110 minutes and the park wasn’t even officially open yet :scared1: No thank you. The rain was heavy so we headed for Ratatoullie and were soon enjoying the ride using the single rider line again practically a walk on. :thumbsup2 The main queue was showing 50 min wait. Lewis and I were in the same rat today.

We left here and fought against the rain. Cars was almost a walk on but we didn’t fancy getting soaked on this so didn’t stop. We thought about doing Art of Animation as it’s inside but everyone else must have had the same idea as the queue for this was already long. Cinemagique again wasn’t showing yet so we left the Studios via the shops and went over to Disneyland Park.

It was still raining :umbrella:

We hadn’t browsed the shops in Main St yet so enjoyed some time in Lily’s Boutique and the other shops. I wanted some more dish towels we’d bought last time but there were none to be found in any of the shops. We also wanted some new coasters but again none anywhere.

Lewis got another (smaller) pick’n’mix in the sweet shop and I got some of the wonderful strawberry fudge I’d had last time for later.

BTM was our next destination to get fast passes for later. Return time 13:35 – 14:05. My passes didn’t scan this morning so I had to use the swipe function. Someone behind me with an AP kind of bumped into me to show me how to do it and then tried to get some more for himself – in the confusion I ended up with only 2 fast passes. I tried all our AP’s again but they all said I already had a pass. There wasn’t a CM at the fast pass area so I went to the main queue and spoke to a lovely CM who wrote a note on one of the passes so we could all use them. He said if any problems to ask for him and that sometimes the AP’s don’t give a ticket. So, I don’t know if it was AP problem or the ‘helpful’ gent behind me that caused the problem :rolleyes:

We looked at Phantom Manor again but the queues were already long. As much as we enjoy this ride, it’s not one that I’d stand in a 30 min queue for. I suppose that’s the joy of having been so many times before, it’s no big deal if we don’t do something as we know we’ll be back again soon. Lewis had a go at the shooting gallery whilst we were there.

The rain was really heavy now so we left the park an popped into Salon Mickey to warm up. It was around 11ish now.

We all relaxed and enjoyed muffins and hot chocolate. There was only one other family whilst we were there and it was lovely to shelter from the rain in such lovely surroundings and make the most of our shareholder perks.

We left here and thankfully the rain was off. I could see the Paddy Wagon arriving at the Main St motors stand in Town Square. We hopped aboard and enjoyed the ride to the castle.

Into Fantasyland to look for some inside rides and I think everyone else must have had the same idea as it was very busy. We could see Alice out again beside the maze.

Lewis got some photos in the Mad Hatters chair as it was missing last year for a refurb and was looking very vibrant again.

Tigger and Eeyore were out for a meet and Gepetto was outside Bella Note.

I checked an app I had on my phone (not the official Disneyland Paris app) and it was showing 15 min wait for Buzz so off we went. We got there and the queue time was 35 minutes and we didn’t want to wait that long when we know we can do it during EMH. Lewis loves Autopia and as the rain had stopped we joined the queue. This was a 30 min wait but there was nothing else we wanted to do and the time passed quickly enough.

Space Mountain currently closed for refurb.

Lewis drove himself and John was my chauffeur, lol. We had great fun on this as Lewis was on the track beside us so we raced against each other the whole way round :car:

After this we thought we’d maybe try for the train around the park. We headed towards Discoveryland station and then I remembered it was closed. We noticed a small line and Stitch was meeting just beside Space Mountain. We joined the queue and met him within about 5 minutes.

We thought we’d try again for Phantom Manor or the Molly Brown before our BTM fast pass time. Phantom Manor was closed and the Molly Brown was due in so we stopped and waited for this.

I really enjoyed seeing the lake and everything refurbished.

The old man looked a bit creepy!

I spotted a very fresh looking Keelboat - I remember these from many years ago although I don't think we ever went on them

The geysers were working and looked fabulous!

Some hidden bones in the rocks....

Off now for our BTM fast pass time but unfortunately the ride was down, with the train stuck right at the end of the ride just before the turn back into the station. Changed days from it sticking going up the hill.

Feeling a bit hungry we made our way to Adventureland and into Hakuna Matata. We had dinner reservations at 6pm for The Steakhouse so didn’t want to eat too much.

Lewis had a chicken strips meal and John and I shared one. The meal deal has the chicken strips, waffle fries and a drink. Also a pineapple and coconut tart which was really lovely. John and Lewis didn’t fancy it so I kept the second on for later, mmmmm.

This was our first time in Hakuna Matata - it's safe to say, it won't be our last :thumbsup2

After a nice rest and lovely meal we ambled back to Frontierland via the working Coca Cola can.

BTM was still down so I grabbed some more fast passes for later, 6:30 – 7pm and then it struck me that we’d be at the Steakhouse then – oh well, never mind :(

The rain had started again and we were all flagging a bit. Nothing urgent that we wanted to do so headed through Discovery Arcade and had a look round the shops.

We watched the glass blowing in Harringtons for a while which always amazes me.

The rain had stopped :cool1:

Then went into the Disneyland Hotel as we hadn’t paid it a visit yet. The lobby always takes my breath away

Upstairs to the shop, taking in the lovely windows on the way

We had a mooch around the shop but didn't buy anything. Then sat in the foyer for a rest.

Lewis was knackered!

Last edited:
It was about 3ish by now and we all agreed that we’d head back to the hotel for a bit of a rest. The sun was shining as we left the Disneyland Hotel.

On the way we popped into World of Disney but again didn’t buy anything.

Looked into some shops in the Village and then put our feet up for a while in the hotel. Lewis watched some stuff on the ipad and I had a tidy up and then went to the shop to change the broken glass from last night. I also got a lovely Marie keyring for myself and bought some playing cards for Lewis as he’d been talking about this last night.

The boys played some cards and then I looked outside and the sun was still out. I felt a bit bad about being inside whilst the sun was out but we really did need the rest after such a busy day yesterday.

I checked the schedule for the studios and Cinemagique had a 17:15 showing so we got ourselves together and headed over. It took us exactly 12 minutes from leaving the hotel to being in the queue for Cinemagique :thumbsup2 Whilst we were there, another Star Wars show as going on which Lewis watched.

Cinemagique was as good as ever, really love seeing this. We left the studios and off through the Village again for our meal at The Steakhouse reservation at 18:00.

The restaurant wasn't very busy and we were seated straight away. Our waiter was very nice and we were brought fresh bread rolls and drinks quickly.

We all ordered the Angus sirloin steak and it was absolutely delicious. I think probably the best steak we've ever had in Disneyland. served with fries and peppercorn sauce. There was also a bowl of salad for the table to share.

The service was good too and it was nice eating somewhere we’d never been before. This is definitely on our list for our next visit.

The restaurant was quiet and we were all finished and paid up by 18:40 – 20 minutes left of our fastpass time for BTM. Lewis was desperate to try and make it so we fast walked back to the park and made it into the BTM fast pass queue with a minute to spare – not easy on a full stomach :rolleyes1 I was glad to see the large queue for fastpass as it would give me some time to let dinner settle! As we got to the top of the queue and announcement came on, next all the lights were on and we asked to evacuate. Train stuck at the same bit it had been earlier.

We left here and made our way to Fantasyland which was starting to close down in preparation for Dreams. It was surprisingly quiet.

I love it here in the dark. We decided to do some rides and did Snow White which was a walk on.

Then Pinocchio, walk on and Dumbo, walk on again. I love the view of the park on this day or night.

Next up, Tea Cups, my absolute favourite in the dark - it's just so pretty :love:

Next we did Carousel, another walk on.

Despite Fantasyland closing now, we still managed to get in the queue for Peter Pan, which was showing a 20 min wait but was much quicker – 12 to be precise :) They were still letting people join the queue well after 8pm. It was a great ride and love the smoke from the chimneys just as the ride starts.

So we'd done every ride in Fantasyland in under an hour, except Small World. Good going I think :thumbsup2

Last edited:
We walked through a deserted Fantasyland in the dark to Discoveryland and walked onto Buzz with no wait at all.

Autopia was showing a 15 minute wait so we joined the queue and enjoyed a fun journey around the track in the dark

Just as we got off, Dreams was starting so we found a spot just to the side of the hub and watched the show. Amazing – so happy to see this one last time before it changes. I just love the whole thing and always get a bit teary at the Tangled section – the Peter Pan music is fantastic too, so is the Be our Guest....in fact I just love it all. :cloud9: I hope Illuminations will be just as good.

When Dreams finished we took our time and had a look around the shops. I got Abbey a Minnie notebook and we got some Valentine themed cakes in the shop for later.

Then we took some pictures in an almost empty Main St and Town Square

We checked in World of Disney for a tsum tsum Abbey wanted and through the shops in the village but it wasn’t to be found. Lewis got his Star Wars posters from the art shop and a Star Wars set from the Lego store. He also got a Lego Batman toy and a free Lego Calendar from the nice CM in the store. Enjoy getting our 10% AP in here too :goodvibes

Back to the hotel now I packed up our stuff and we settled down for the night with our hot chocolate, cakes and more Modern Family on the Ipad.

Lights out around midnight. Last day tomorrow and we need to be picked up from the hotel at 11:10 so will be doing EMH unless there is torrential rain.....

Arrrgggghhh - I've just noticed that I've added this to the wrong board :sad2: Could a very lovely Mod please move it to the trip section please? :flower1:

Sounds like a great day despite the rain. Shame about BTM being down - hoped the refurb would have sorted that out! Those cup cakes look good :)

Thunder mountain area looks so bright with the refurb. I thought the same when Small World opened while we were there the refurbs really are fab.

Those cupcakes look so cute as well. Sorry bout all the rain :(

Sounds like a great day despite the rain. Shame about BTM being down - hoped the refurb would have sorted that out! Those cup cakes look good :)

I had hoped all the work on BTM would have sorted the break downs too - but when I see that it's at a different bit then maybe the did sort the original problem :laughing: It was down a few times that day.

The cakes were delicious!

Thunder mountain area looks so bright with the refurb. I thought the same when Small World opened while we were there the refurbs really are fab.

Those cupcakes look so cute as well. Sorry bout all the rain :(

Really enjoyed Small World having missed it for the last few years. The rain was a bit of a drag but we were prepared for it and actually got off lightly I think.

They had a few valentine themed cakes to choose from - really lovely.

Aw what a great day despite the weather. I've only been to the Steakhouse on Sundays in the olden days when they did a Sunday brunch, must put it on my list of restaurants to choose from. And those cakes look so yummy!
Arrrgggghhh - I've just noticed that I've added this to the wrong board :sad2: Could a very lovely Mod please move it to the trip section please? :flower1:
Done :goodvibes

Aw what a great day despite the weather. I've only been to the Steakhouse on Sundays in the olden days when they did a Sunday brunch, must put it on my list of restaurants to choose from. And those cakes look so yummy!
Done :goodvibes

Really loved the Steakhouse, the best steak I've had anywhere. Thank you for correcting my mistake :flower3:

I get teary at the Tangled bit too! Every time!
Those cakes just look delicious yum yum. Reading your tr is getting me all excited for our trip next week

I get teary at the Tangled bit too! Every time!
Those cakes just look delicious yum yum. Reading your tr is getting me all excited for our trip next week

I'm not the only one then :laughing:

Not long until your trip, hope you have a great time :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts