Seaworld reopening June 11th

Reservations will be required, from their website -

Reservation
Welcome to the SeaWorld reservation system! To meet physical distancing guidelines and ensure the health and safety of our guests, all visits to the park must be pre-scheduled using this system.

To manage capacity, guests with tickets, Fun Cards, or Annual Passes must make a reservation prior to visiting the park. Guests must bring their reservation eticket and their original ticket, Fun Card, or Annual Pass to the front gate for entry into the park.

Come back Monday, June 8th at 10am EST to make your reservation for exclusive access to SeaWorld Orlando as it reopens Thursday, June 11th!

All visits will require advance online reservations.

Aquatica has the same type of message -

RESERVATION
Welcome to the Aquatica reservation system! To meet physical distancing guidelines and ensure the health and safety of our guests, all visits to the park must be pre-scheduled using this system.
To manage capacity, guests with tickets, Fun Cards, or Annual Passes must make a reservation prior to visiting the park. Guests must bring their reservation eticket and their original ticket, Fun Card, or Annual Pass to the front gate for entry into the park.
Come back Monday, June 8th at 10 am EST to make your reservation for exclusive access to Aquatica Orlando as it reopens Thursday, June 11th!

As does Busch Gardens -

RESERVATION
Welcome to the Busch Gardens reservation system! To meet physical distancing guidelines and ensure the health and safety of our guests, all visits to the park must be pre-scheduled using this system.
Come back Monday, June 8th at 10 am EST to make your reservation for exclusive access to Busch Gardens Tampa Bay as it reopens Thursday, June 11th!

I got the emails today. Thanks! Hope the system works smoothly. We've got no chance at getting into Disney, and I really want something to salvage this summer trip.

Freaking out a bit we'll be in the air flying into MCO at that time and have tix to go to Sea World either Thursday or Friday...really hoping we're able to now also get reservations for one of those dates. I really wish they would have stated something back when they announced reopening and they started reservations more than a few days before opening.

I am freaking out, too. We just bought a package through SW earlier this week. We didn't get any tickets emailed to us, just a confirmation number and details about what our package includes. I don't see anything related to tickets or numbers to be able to book a reservation for the dates of our package. What if we get to FL and can't get in to SW??

Why is Seaworld closed every tuesday and thursday? That was not the case pre-covid. Also how might this effect the annual passes when nearly a 3rd of the week is closed?

If I had to guess, the 2 days will probably be used for deep cleaning

As far as annual passes go, it's not so different then San Antonio (where the park is closed for half the year)

If I had to guess, the 2 days will probably be used for deep cleaning

As far as annual passes go, it's not so different then San Antonio (where the park is closed for half the year)

If they want to close the parks for 30% of the month, then the price needs to be cut. We had to pay the entire time it was closed too, they did not suspend payments, only a vague promise of suspending payment once they reopen.

And frankly, looking over the cost of the platinum pass for San Antonio that includes Orlando, you pay less than we do! A platinum in San Antonio costs $15.50/mth. Orlando a SILVER starts at $15.50/mth. Platinum is $30.50/mth, with only 3 free guest tickets, not 7.

I wish I hadn't even looked at that. LOL

If they want to close the parks for 30% of the month, then the price needs to be cut. We had to pay the entire time it was closed too, they did not suspend payments, only a vague promise of suspending payment once they reopen.

And frankly, looking over the cost of the platinum pass for San Antonio that includes Orlando, you pay less than we do! A platinum in San Antonio costs $15.50/mth. Orlando a SILVER starts at $15.50/mth. Platinum is $30.50/mth, with only 3 free guest tickets, not 7.

Your pass has been upgraded one full level by SeaWorld Parks & Recreation in a gesture of customer service and goodwill. They were under no obligation to do ANYTHING extra for their passholders, but they made sure that everyone who held strong during the closure would be rewarded for that support. They are also extending passes for at least the number of days that the park was closed due to Covid-19. Considering the financial hit that they've taken (and the fact that the animals still needed food, care and medical attention despite having zero income from park operations aside from revenue from annual passholders) I'd say closing two weekdays a week for 6 months is a pretty acceptable sacrifice. I'm reasonably sure most passholders don't got to the parks a full seven days each and every week, so while its perhaps a bit of a pain, you still have 5 days each week to enjoy SeaWorld.

I really can't see how anyone can complain about the value from the SW parks passes, even with the weekly closures each park has announced. My platinum pass at $366 a year is a freaking steal, IMHO. Unlimited access to 11 parks with no blackout dates, free preferred parking, free reserved show seating, a free tour, free photokey, free ride again privileges, free guest tickets, dining and shopping discounts....and now all the bonus benefits they are giving us due to the Covid closure? I live out of state (1,166 miles away, for that matter!!) and even for the limited time I'm able to use our passes (about 3 visits a year) they pay for themselves 10 times over.

If they are using those two days closed each week to complete extra cleaning throughout the park, even better.

SW has already said that the passes will be extended the length the park was closed, which I think is fair (and my pass is a Platinum for Orlando)

I am hearing that there will be no more birds at the Dolphin Days shows (you can argue if birds should even be in a dolphin show but people thought they added to the overall show). That was done by an outside company whose contract has expired.

With this, and with the Pets Ahoy show being cancelled, and with the previous cuts such as the mime at Clyde (which was eventually brought back) and the pop up entertainment that one could catch along the pathways periodically (thinking of Groove Chefs and the Longshoremen and the pearl divers but probably others) it seems that SeaWorld is removing a lot of the things that made them special and made the day fun. I have also noticed the number of main shows being reduced on any given day (used to be 3 Shamu shows now there might only be 2, that type of thing), meaning you have to plan your day better to make sure to hit them all.

Curious what else might be changing on Wednesday once the parks open up again.

I was able to get online and make Seaworld and Aquatica reservations this morning. Had a bit of trouble in the beginning with glitches, but I switched from Firefox to Chrome and it seemed to work out fine. You will need the barcode numbers on all of your tickets, and you can make a reservation for up to 6 people. Also, make sure your cart is empty before you start, or the system will not work at all

I was able to get online and make Seaworld and Aquatica reservations this morning. Had a bit of trouble in the beginning with glitches, but I switched from Firefox to Chrome and it seemed to work out fine. You will need the barcode numbers on all of your tickets, and you can make a reservation for up to 6 people. Also, make sure your cart is empty before you start, or the system will not work at all
I got a few errors before it finally processed. But in my email, it now shows that we have 4 separate 6/11 sets of reservations. So while it showed an error, it still processed on the back end. I printed the confirmations that showed on the screen but if everyone's errors still put in a reservation, there will be a bunch of false reservations

I wish I could get some news about the Virginia Busch gardens. We have a one week trip planned there starting July 4.
We just entered Phase II last Friday in VA. Amusement parks are not allowed to open in Phase II. When the reopening plan was announced on 5/4, it was said said Phase III could be 10-12 weeks away or longer.
We are pass holders at BG and Water Country.

We only have single day tickets, I'm in the process of upgrading to two-day tickets through UT, but luckily it let me reserve both days I wanted on SeaWorld's website with the one day pass ticket #. The computer system must not be smart enough to realize it's only a one-day pass currently (thank goodness).

I can't make reservations currently because apparently SeaWorld forgot that All-Day Dine tickets exist apparently. I have a 2-day all day dine ticket purchased through UT and I get "Barcode is not valid for this park" for both SW and BG. SeaWorld's hold time is insane, as expected. I called UT and they picked up immediately. Before I even finished she asked "do you have all day dining?" How do you up sell these packages then design a reservation system and completely miss them? Very frustrating. Hope reservations are still available once they get this fixed, or someone at SW would call me back.

We only have single day tickets, I'm in the process of upgrading to two-day tickets through UT, but luckily it let me reserve both days I wanted on SeaWorld's website with the one day pass ticket #. The computer system must not be smart enough to realize it's only a one-day pass currently (thank goodness).
I reserved two days at Aquatica even though I only have one day purchased. I hope it's not breaking the rules, but I wanted to have some sort of backup in case the first day was rained out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter