Second All in One Disneyland TR Thread - Guardians of the Galaxy Mission: Breakout Review 5/30-6/2

Hi Bret,
I was happy to read this review of the new GoGMBO ride. My family and I will be at DL and DCA starting next week for 8 glorious days. I'm sure we'll be riding this ride a few times. I would like to also go to DL/DCA for the food and wine festival some year. I enjoyed your report and pictures from this. Bummer that work is preventing you from going to D23 this year.

I'm so glad that I rode the ride before I read this. You got some great pictures on the ride itself. I have no idea what song I got when I rode it last week.

I have a night where I'll be staying overnight at the Grand next week and I think I may do rope drop to ride the ride standby so that I can go through the queue with a minimal wait. Like you I would have liked the wait time to be a bit longer because I went right into the preshow from the fast pass line.

I thought the AA rocket was incredible too, and I laughed at the abominable snowman!

Thanks for sharing! We aren't going to D23 this year either, but it's a good thing we don't have $10K to spend on stuff and you know how Fran gets when she is excited and finds merchandise.

You did a whiz bang job at your write up for this ride! I'm in the camp of haters of Disney for taking out ToT. ToT was a BIG part of my childhood and I"m really sad they took it out. I wished they'd left a very good ride alone.

But, I"m willing to give this one a try, only because I DO like drop rides a lot. Marvel is growing on me so, I'll give it a fair shake.

:)

It has been a while since I have posted on this thread since I have been away in Utah these last couple of weeks. Now I have time to reply to your posts. It just has been crazy this last month.

Thanks for the pics. I think I'm going to pass on that ride. I really don't like drop rides at all.

You and I are in the same boat PiO. I don't like drop rides like the ToT. The new GotGMB ride is nice but with all those drops which seem more than the old ToT version, I did not enjoy the drop part. The only part I did enjoy was the pre-show with Rocket.

Hi Bret,
I was happy to read this review of the new GoGMBO ride. My family and I will be at DL and DCA starting next week for 8 glorious days. I'm sure we'll be riding this ride a few times. I would like to also go to DL/DCA for the food and wine festival some year. I enjoyed your report and pictures from this. Bummer that work is preventing you from going to D23 this year.

Hi TK,

Hope you and your family had a great time at the DLR last month. You will enjoy the DCA F&W Festival. Not as good as Epcot's but it is still good. It is a bummer that I won't attend the D23 Expo in a week which is getting there.

I'm so glad that I rode the ride before I read this. You got some great pictures on the ride itself. I have no idea what song I got when I rode it last week.

I have a night where I'll be staying overnight at the Grand next week and I think I may do rope drop to ride the ride standby so that I can go through the queue with a minimal wait. Like you I would have liked the wait time to be a bit longer because I went right into the preshow from the fast pass line.

I thought the AA rocket was incredible too, and I laughed at the abominable snowman!

Thanks for sharing! We aren't going to D23 this year either, but it's a good thing we don't have $10K to spend on stuff and you know how Fran gets when she is excited and finds merchandise.

The wait time was crazy when I was there in late May/early June. Thank you Alison. I looked it up online and it showed what type of songs are used during each ride experience. I am not a fan of GotG.

I will have to catch up on your TR's since I have been away. Hope you and Fran had a good time when you were at the GCH last month and were able to ride it during rope drop. The rope drop was crazy with going in all those different parts of Hollywood Land and backstage.

The AA was the best part for me. It was kind of weird to see the abominable snowman in the queue.

I see. I remember at the last Expo that you weren't planning on going but did show up on that Friday. If you are able to do a last second trip like the last one, I will look forward to reading about it on your TR. You are right that Fran will go spending crazy at the Expo.

You did a whiz bang job at your write up for this ride! I'm in the camp of haters of Disney for taking out ToT. ToT was a BIG part of my childhood and I"m really sad they took it out. I wished they'd left a very good ride alone.

But, I"m willing to give this one a try, only because I DO like drop rides a lot. Marvel is growing on me so, I'll give it a fair shake.

:)

Thank you Liesa. I am not a fan of ToT or the new GotGMB ride. It will be interesting how long the popularity of the ride will go on.

Marvel is okay but I don't like it a the Disney Parks. I am more use to it at Universal Parks.

Hi Sherry. I haven't see you post on the thread for quite some time and glad to see you back on.

I remember at the last Expo that you weren't planning on going but did show up on that Friday. If you are able to do a last second trip like the last one, I will look forward to reading about it on your TR. You are right that Fran will go spending crazy at the Expo.

Last time we were abe to get some discount tickets at the last minute, but that was just a stroke of luck. This time we don't have any money to do any shopping. We're focusing on putting stuff up on eBay.

Last time we were abe to get some discount tickets at the last minute, but that was just a stroke of luck. This time we don't have any money to do any shopping. We're focusing on putting stuff up on eBay.

I remember that. Luckily, I had a friend who got the Sorcerer Package was able to buy me some D23 Expo stuff which I wasn't able to go this year.

I was disappointed that I didn't go this year since i was in Vegas for work. The only thing I did miss about not going is the Park and Resorts seminar which I would have gone.

It has been ages since I have posted on this thread. I haven't done any DLR trips these last few years which is shocking. But I just got back from my first trip to Japan October 19th to November 3rd, 2019. It was excited and fun to go to Japan and also got to go to Tokyo Disney Resort. Don't know if I'm going to do a TR but have some TDR pics that I uploaded. I'll post more pics from the trip at TDR and some other pics around Japan.

It has been ages since I have posted on this thread. I haven't done any DLR trips these last few years which is shocking. But I just got back from my first trip to Japan October 19th to November 3rd, 2019. It was excited and fun to go to Japan and also got to go to Tokyo Disney Resort. Don't know if I'm going to do a TR but have some TDR pics that I uploaded. I'll post more pics from the trip at TDR and some other pics around Japan.

Bret, So nice to see you are still enjoying Disney. Thanks for posting!

Thank you Liesa. I am not a fan of ToT or the new GotGMB ride. It will be interesting how long the popularity of the ride will go on.

Marvel is okay but I don't like it a the Disney Parks. I am more use to it at Universal Parks.

I like the new ride after trying it. There's a lot of detailing in there that's fun. But still... a drop ride which is nice. Love those. I think Marvel is here to stay at Disney parks, and while I'm still not a fan, I could learn to tolerate it. Same with Tron.

It has been ages since I have posted on this thread.
We've missed you!

49067627033_2941352322_b.jpg
Super pretty!! Love this!

Bret, So nice to see you are still enjoying Disney. Thanks for posting!

Hi @tksbaskets,

It has been ages since I have posted on DISBoards. Just been super busy lately.

I like the new ride after trying it. There's a lot of detailing in there that's fun. But still... a drop ride which is nice. Love those. I think Marvel is here to stay at Disney parks, and while I'm still not a fan, I could learn to tolerate it. Same with Tron.

We've missed you!

Super pretty!! Love this!

Hi Liesa (@Steppesister)

The details are very nice on the ride. I did ride the ToT at DisneySea and was nice. As you said that Marvel is here to stay after saying that 2 years ago with Avengers Campus. It will be interesting to see it in person next week.

It has been forever since I have wrote and got time to write and read on the boards. I also will have to read your updates as well.

I have an upcoming trip to the DLR next week and will be going on August 14, 15, & 17, 2022. I wasn't originally planning on going to SoCal since I have been busy with work and just got back from a busy trip recently. But after working and my friends say that I should go back to the one place that I enjoy going too and what better place is to go back to the DLR. This will be my first time going to the DLR in 5 years. My last Disney trip was back in 2019 when I went to Tokyo Disney Resort.

So much has changed when I was there back in 2017 when the Rivers of America was still under construction for Star Wars Galaxy Edge and A Bug's Land was still there until it was changed to Avengers Campus. Looking forward to seeing the changes to the DLR from DL, DCA and DTD.

During the trip, I am going to try to do a LIVE Stream at the parks. I don't do LIVE Streams but it would be fun to do a LIVE Stream and show how I enjoy my times at the Disney Parks like when I write them on my old TR's. In the old days, I did video record the rides and nighttime shows when I was at the parks. The one's that I will be doing is for the nighttime shows like World of Color, Fantasmic!, Main Street Electrical Parade and Disneyland Forever fireworks which are my favorite things to do at the parks. The LIVE Stream will be on YouTube on my channel on the link below.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!