Second Trip of a Lifetime (Day 5) MK Day

joolz1910

<font color=green>I would have gone down to recept
It was our first day at Magic Kingdom and I had booked an early breakfast at Crystal Palace. We had done this on our first visit and I loved the opportunity to get into the park before the crowds. Just strolling down Main Street made me feel so content. We stopped for a few photos en route:
26.jpg

It was a lovely, sunny morning.
77.jpg

Waiting for our table.
unnamed (64).jpg

Empty Main Street.

79.jpg

Saying 'hello' to some old friends!

80.jpg

Our server was the same man who served us in 2012. He has worked for Disney for more than 30 years! He pretended to remember us which I thought was quite sweet. We love the breakfast items here - such a lot of variety and a lovely light, airy venue.

After a rather large breakfast, we headed to our Fast Pass rides. First up was Peter Pan which is also part of my routine lol. I know it's creaky and lacks the effects of the new rides but it has a certain charm and it IS Disney for me. The older two were completely underwhelmed by it but hey-ho, I liked it. Off then to another Disney classic - It's a Small World. I love this and the quote under my avatar refers to this attraction. My youngest loved it and was mesmerised by the song and the dolls. Finally, we went to BTM. I like this corner of MK but I don't really know why.

We had a late lunch booked at BoG. The queue was huge despite our reservations but it was worth the wait. In my opinion it is the best value counter service of all. We had a look around each room and enjoyed the theming.

17.jpg
16.jpg
18.jpg

The food was very nice and there was a good choice. Would love to try breakfast here. I had a dinner reservation but cancelled it as I didn't think the girls would particularly enjoy the food. Wish I had stuck with it and met the beast :(

After this, we headed back to OKW so that the girls could have a swim and then went back to the room so that I could have a tipple. I thought this wine was a touch of Disney genius:
unnamed (90).jpg

BOG lunch was a huge favourite of mine this year,
We've actually done dinner 3 times and every time has been a huge disappointment.I've left feeling underwhelmed, for me tye food was just OK and could have been warmer, the servers we had were not particularly over friendly, and even the boys noticed which was kind of a let down, the beast interaction was incredibly rushed too.

However purchase lunch was amazing, and we will definitely book a few times next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter