Sedona Pictures

JimMIA

There's more to life than mice...
I thought it might be helpful to many if we had some pictures, so I'm going to start some picture threads about different places.

This thread is about Sedona, and for reference, here's where Sedona is located in Northern AZ -- South of the Grand Canyon, North of Phoenix, West of Flagstaff, and East of Las Vegas.

For openers, a random parking lot picture...but one with a story.

Due to flight delays, we landed in Phoenix very late, drove to Sedona in total darkness, and checked into the Wyndham Sedona timeshare after midnight. Needless to say, we went to bed immediately.

In the morning, we got up and DD and DW went outside. Just outside our door were small flowering cactus plants and DD was so excited she didn't look around. Then she looked up and shrieked, "OMG Mom! LOOK!"

This is what she saw -- Miami girl used to palm trees and green grass.

And looking in another direction:

And we hadn't seen anything yet...

Awesome! Sedona and the Grand Canyon are on my must-visit list.
looking forward to your pics and comments

Oak Creek Canyon, north of Sedona, looking back down toward Sedona. This is what you drive up through to get from Sedona to Grand Canyon.

And less than an hour South of Sedona is Montezuma Castle National Monument -- a real early Indian cliff dwelling!

Those are just a few, and I'm sure other DISers have better pics -- feel free to post them!

These are great! We have a road trip planned to the Grand Canyon and Disneyland next summer...but if things dont return to somewhat normal in CA then we will do Sedona instead of DLR which I wont mind at all!

These pictures are beautiful! We had visited Sedona in 1999. While my husband was at a work conference, I lazed by the pool. After he was done, we'd do a little bit of exploring around Sedona.

Unfortunately my pictures of Sedona somehow disappeared from my film camera, so I don't have any. Thank you for reminding me how gorgeous Sedona is! It was a wonderful trip.

Beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing. We went a couple of years ago and thought it was just beautiful. We did the Pink Jeep Tour which was pricey but we all enjoyed it.

Thanks, Jimmy, for sharing your beautiful pictures!
We have been to Sedona, and it is still one of my favorite places to visit. There is spiritual energy there which draws alot of people. I just found peace and beauty everywhere. We visited the Church on the Rock. I wasn't aware of the one you mention. You go up a windy one lane road to the top of the hill to get to the church. We parked at the base and walked up (quite a way to go) when we went. They have a small chapel. In the lower level the Nun's have a gift shop selling religious things and the proceeds go towards upkeep of the Church. Did you get a chance to go there? Or is it even still available to the public? We haven't been there for years.
Glad your family got to visit and see the beauty that is Sedona.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!