"Self-Extenders" or "Right of Occupancy - Holdover Owners" from the POS

WebmasterDoc

DIS Veteran
In looking thru the POS for information pertaining to the expiration extension (very interesting reading) - I came across the DVC policy regarding those who fail to vacate their DVC accommodations in a timely fashion.

For your reading enjoyment:

From Exhibit "F" to the Declaration, Section 29 - Right of Occupancy - Holdover Owners

"In the event any Owner, his or her lessees, guests, exchangers and invitees fails to vacate a Vacation Home upon the expiration of any reserved use period, as may be required by the rules and regualtions governing occupancy of the Vacation Home, such person shall be deemed a "holdover owner." It shall be the responsibility of the Association to take such steps as may be necessary to remove such holdover owner from the Vacation Home, and to assist the holder of any subsequent reservation who may be affected by the holdover owner's failure to vacate to find alternative accommodations during such holdover period.

a. In addition to such other remedies as may be available to it, the Association shall have the right to secure, at it's expense, alternate accommodations for any holder of a subsequent reservation who may not occupy the Vacation Home due to the failure to vacate of any holdover owner. Such accommodations shall be as similar to the reserved Vacation Home as possible. The holdover owner shall be charged for the cost of such alternate accommodations, any other costs incurred due to the holdover owner's failure to vacate, and an adminstrative fee of Fifty Dollars ($50.00) per day , or any portion thereof, during this period of holding over. In the event it is necessary that the Association contract for a period greater than the actual period of holding over, in order to secure alternate accommodations as set forth above, the entire period shall be the responsibility of the holdover owner, although the Fifty Dollars ($50.00) per day adminstrative fee shall cease upon the actual vacating by the holdover owner.

b. The Association shall submit a bill to the holdover owner in accordance with this rule. Before the Association may levy a fine against a party for violation of any of the provisions of the Condominium Documents, the Association must afford the party reasonable notice of the levy and a right to a hearing as required under Florida law.

c. The foregoing provisions shall not abridge the Association's right to take such other action as is provided by law including eviction proceedings. Further, the foregoing provisions shall not limit the Association's right to take any action permitted by Florida law against tresspassers who are not owners."

Interesting stuff. Equally interesting is that Disney doesn't appear to have any interest in enforcing its own contract provisions.

Thanks for sharing the information, Doc. Even though I read the POS, there were areas like this that I probably skimmed over pretty quickly since I figured I wouldn't be a "self-extender".

Appreciate the tidbit. :)

Interesting stuff. Equally interesting is that Disney doesn't appear to have any interest in enforcing its own contract provisions.
Yeah...WOW! There's a shocker! :rotfl2:

Disney not enforcing it's own rules...can you imagine? :lmao:

I agree! And as I said on another thread, the fact that they don't seem inclined to follow their own rules on this policy makes me scared that they will also not follow their own rules on the no-smoking policy. We haven't heard of anyone getting charged that $250 yet, but I'm willing to bet plenty of smokers have violated the policy!

thanks doc - I might copy your post - so the next time waiting for my room until 6:00pm might mention it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter