Self serve laundry

jenbuFL

Earning My Ears
We are trying our first RC cruise this summer on the Symphony of the Seas. I am learning that RC does not offer self-serve laundry. We tend to pack light and we work out every day so doing laundry halfway through a seven-day cruise is a must for us. Has anyone used the laundry service on RC? I can find a laundry list on RC website but 1 pair of undergarments is listed at $2.00! That is crazy.

Our last cruise was a few years ago and they ran a special for a laundry bag that was very reasonable. Can someone verify that they still do this?

Our last cruise was a few years ago and they ran a special for a laundry bag that was very reasonable. Can someone verify that they still do this?
AFAIK they are still doing it. It's $30 for the bag.

and really only good for skivvies tee shirts and the like. all your stuff is put in a mesh bag and washed in boiling water in an industrial sized machine with 40 other bags. then tossed into a volcano to dry.

and really only good for skivvies tee shirts and the like. all your stuff is put in a mesh bag and washed in boiling water in an industrial sized machine with 40 other bags. then tossed into a volcano to dry.

Yep. It’s not for workout clothes. At least not my workout clothes!

Now I know why the smoke from the ship's stacks change to a funny color when they are doing my skivvies!

Thanks for the replies everyone! I guess I will need to skip the formal clothes and pack more workout clothes :laundy: I have been watching videos on packing more efficiently. My goal this trip is just taking carry on luggage. No big suitcases for us. Sooo we will see how that goes.

It can be done. On a 5-day to San Francisco (wedding + my grandmother's 100th) we managed to use only 3 roll aboards plus our "personal" item to carry all our stuff, including my suit, the girls' dresses and some casual clothes. It's the dress(y) clothes that are really the pain, tbh.

If you go to Wal-Mart or a dollar store, see if they have Tide Travel Sink Packets (Link is to Amazon, where the price seems a bit high). Cost has that travel size premium, but, well, you can definitely wash more than one pair of socks with it. Or I suppose you could fill a travel bottle with liquid detergent and judiciously use that in the sink.

Good point. We used the laundry special once and only once. :sad2: Everything we sent came back either still dirty with the stains locked in by the heat or faded and shrunken. Bluntly put, the laundry service sucks. If you can't pack extra underpants, wash them out in the sink yourself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter