Seniors on Upcoming Adult Only Trips: Coronavirus

vakamalua

DIS Veteran
We have an Adult Only Northern Italy (!!!) and Switzerland trip on deposit for early September. Still a way off, but the PIF date is quickly approaching in early May. Being in the high risk category for Coronavirus, we're VERY nervous about putting out that kind of PIF money four months ahead of time with the uncertainty of the future and the despicable way ABD has been handling this crisis.

We don't want to lose the deposit. Anyone think ABD would do the right thing and push back the PIF for a month? We can't be the only seniors on upcoming adult only trips (or family trips for that matter) that are worried.

This would have been our first ABD--never again based on their abominable customer service! We have traveled with Tauck and Abercrombie & Kent multiple times and have had excellent experiences. In Jordan's airport, although not traveling with us, our A&K guide was going all the way through security with us to be sure we got to the right gate and there were no delays, An official took my husband's carry-on, asked for his passport and started walking away for no apparent reason. We speak no Arabic; our A&K guide insisted on going with the official and in a few minutes the guide came back with the passport and carry-on. We can't imagine what we would have done if A&K had not been there to interpret and intercept for us. Seems like you DON"T get what you pay for with ABD; I'm shocked.

I'm concerned. I'm in my sixties and a diabetic. My trip is in early May! If it was me, I totally would not pay that PIF until things are better. Maybe see if you can park your deposit until things get better. They seem to be bending a bit if you are really insistent.

Sayhello

Im concerned as well since my parents are going on the China September tour. The PIF is in middle may. I was definitely going to wait till the very end. I did purchase trip insurance but I would want a travel voucher. I would want the full refund.

I’m on an AbD in August, my PIF date is April, and I’ve already called last week to pay the balance. I am hoping things have settled enough by then that the trip will still be on. If not, I’ll deal with it when the time comes.

I’ve had nothing but great Customer service from the AbD customer service reps. This will be my third AbD and my sixth reservation as I’ve cancelled or switched a few over the past year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter