Sept 28th DLR SOLD OUT

Leofoenget

DIS Veteran
In keeping with yesterdays post about the 28th of Sept POTC Quest for gold contest, I went to AAA to book a package to secure the Wonder Ticket including the EFP> Guess what? SEPT 28TH SOLD OUT.(OR BLOCKED OUT) I am bummed because last week it was open. IN addition to that, the AAA guy tried to get me a better deal on Best WEstern Park Place INN. I booked it in June for $89 it's now up to $107.

Any tips on how to have fun with some stupid convention going on??

feel like I can't win.

boo for me

:headache:

OY. This is not looking good... But maybe they'll add a parade or something because of the extra attendance? Obviously they can't extend the park hours if the special event begins at 9pm.

Alex2kMommy said:
OY. This is not looking good... But maybe they'll add a parade or something because of the extra attendance? Obviously they can't extend the park hours if the special event begins at 9pm.
Well someone did say it is a Work Day, Non school holiday, usually quiet off season day. EVEN with this going on, hopefully it will be not that bad because of the size of the park itself. OK so an additional 1700+ people in the size of that park shouldn't be that bad hopefully?? Understand the 29th was open so mabye they are kicking the contest winners out Friday morning. JUST IN TIME FOR THE HALLOWEEN STUFF GOING IN.

blah

The actual times for the "contest" are 9pm to 1am, so any contestants who are there with multiple day passes will probably be way too sleepy to get up early and go park hopping on Friday. :thumbsup2

And although there are a maximum of 1700 qualifying contestants for the Quest for Gold, most of them are getting tickets for up to four people, so it could be 5000-6000 more in the park.

Here's my understanding of what's going on with this. Various sponsor organizations and radio and tv stations (many ABC affiliates) accross the country are holding "qualifying" contests. The main Quest for Gold contest itself is being run by Disney's travel company, and not by the Disneyland Resort. Each of these stations and sponsors can "buy" into the contest for various numbers of qualifiers and tickets, etc. Like, for example, a radio station in AZ had one qualifying winner, but that winner also got a three day vacation for four, including transport, hotel, and tickets for four. But a station on So Cal had say 20 qualifying winners, each getting four one day park hoppers, but no transport or accomodations because they were in driving distance.

Because the main contest is being sponsored, at least in part, by the travel company, I would suspect they've blocked out a fair number of the on site hotel rooms for the contest winners who get accomodations, and probably a few more for Quest for Gold participants who win one of the bigger prizes and their party (to keep them onsite for easier access for interviews and publicity etc...)

Argh pirate: crazy, I know....but it's all for the gold

And as far as I know, they won't be changing their schedule much from what is posted on the DL website, they've known about the contest for months now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter