September '20 WISH Challenge - New Beginnings

..............View attachment 529956View attachment 529956
:mickeyjum Happy Birthdays @Summer2018 and @MickeyMom76!! :mickeyjum

October appears to be a very popular month here! - Mine will be on the 10th. Anyone else's coming up?

Self-care Sunday was nice and quiet here. I did some lesson planning for the twins. (It's going much better since their parents pulled them from the online program and I'm just straight homeschooling them.) Then I did some fall/Halloween decorating, and watched a few episodes of a game show with DH over dinner.
I love it that three of us have birthdays so close together!

I think that it’s wise for you to homeschool them. This way you have more control. It’s so hard to juggle distance learners and in-school learners. I really feel like I am failing the kids at home because the ones in the classroom demand so much attention. Even if the teacher is working very hard to include the distance learners, they really aren’t getting the attention that they need.

I love it that three of us have birthdays so close together!

I think that it’s wise for you to homeschool them. This way you have more control. It’s so hard to juggle distance learners and in-school learners. I really feel like I am failing the kids at home because the ones in the classroom demand so much attention. Even if the teacher is working very hard to include the distance learners, they really aren’t getting the attention that they need.

The occasional Zooms with the local teacher weren't too bad. Their district has separate classes for the kids who signed up for virtual, so the teachers aren't doing both at once. But two teachers cover grades K-4, meeting with the K kids (I think there were 8 in the class?) twice a week for math and twice for ELA, and then one extra that alternated between science and social studies. The bulk of it was a canned virtual curriculum that was so inappropriate - on both ends, really: the material itself was too easy for them, but the time on the computer was way too much, plus there was a lot of complicated "print this, do the worksheet, have your grownup take a photo, turn it into a PDF, upload it..." They're really smart kids, and I think we'll do well on our own.

As for your students, I'm sure you're doing great! I can't imagine trying to teach a live and virtual class at the same time. Keep in mind that the parents who chose virtual did it because they were able to. - That means someone is home with those kiddos, so they are getting extra attention, even if it isn't all from you. Hang in there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter