September '20 WISH Challenge - New Beginnings

Hi wish peeps. Hoping I can ask for some prayers and positive thoughts. My dad was just taken to the hospital with severe anemia. My mom is currently with me as she has dementia and can only be alone for a couple hours.
I know dad is where he needs to be and thankfully I didn't wait to call the doc. I am trying to stay calm but am kind of freaking out internally.

Hi wish peeps. Hoping I can ask for some prayers and positive thoughts. My dad was just taken to the hospital with severe anemia. My mom is currently with me as she has dementia and can only be alone for a couple hours.
I know dad is where he needs to be and thankfully I didn't wait to call the doc. I am trying to stay calm but am kind of freaking out internally.
I’m so sorry. You’re right, your dad’s where he needs to be. Sending prayers your way :hug:

I'm sorry that you are going through this. Sending prayers. :hug:

Sending healing thoughts. 🙏🏻❤️🙏🏻❤️🎂

Prayers for you and your family! :hug:

Sometimes self care can also be what you DON’T do.

I’m not going to obsess about the things that I can’t control.

I’m going to step away from some social media. Facebook is just not a good place right now.

I’m not going to fall into old habits because I’m tired and a little overwhelmed by some things going on.

:)

No pets here. It took my husband 13 years to convince me to get a dog. I told him he was one and done! We had a lovely standard poodle, Louis. We got him as a puppy and put him down just shy of his 13th birthday. I grew up eating dog and cat hair because they were always shedding and told myself when I grew up I was never going to find animal hair in my food again! It's the little things! :rotfl:

Today we drove the 45 minutes to our nephew's house so the twins could visit their older brothers. Grandma and Grandpa also came so the six of us had the chat grandma's been wanting. She's very emotional and very talkative. I'm hoping she got everything out of her system (highly doubt that!). No huge decisions were made simply because none of us have any power to make others do things. But it was agreed that we are all in this for the long haul. So we'll see what happens when Mom is finished with school and we're all hoping that Dad's blustering is just that. Sometimes life is messy.

Exercise was nill today except for some squats I did while waiting for something. Eating wasn't the best, but not horrible either. Tomorrow is a new day!

@ShannyMcB, I hope your Dad is feeling better soon! In the meantime, I’m sending you patience vibes to take care of your mom and the kids at the same time. :hug:

They are both so beautiful 🐱

Yours, too! I love kitten pics!

That's just what I needed to hear today! Weekend plans have changed and there are a bunch of little things that are not getting done now in favor of one big thing. But it’s all going to work out. :)

I’m not going to obsess about the things that I can’t control.

I’m going to step away from some social media. Facebook is just not a good place right now.

I’m not going to fall into old habits because I’m tired and a little overwhelmed by some things going on.

:)
:grouphug:

No pets here. It took my husband 13 years to convince me to get a dog. I told him he was one and done! We had a lovely standard poodle, Louis. We got him as a puppy and put him down just shy of his 13th birthday. I grew up eating dog and cat hair because they were always shedding and told myself when I grew up I was never going to find animal hair in my food again! It's the little things! :rotfl:

Today we drove the 45 minutes to our nephew's house so the twins could visit their older brothers. Grandma and Grandpa also came so the six of us had the chat grandma's been wanting. She's very emotional and very talkative. I'm hoping she got everything out of her system (highly doubt that!). No huge decisions were made simply because none of us have any power to make others do things. But it was agreed that we are all in this for the long haul. So we'll see what happens when Mom is finished with school and we're all hoping that Dad's blustering is just that. Sometimes life is messy.

Exercise was nill today except for some squats I did while waiting for something. Eating wasn't the best, but not horrible either. Tomorrow is a new day!
:hug:

We have a three day weekend for Yom Kippur, and I'm so glad to have the extra day to rest. I'm adopting a new practice of not checking my work email over the weekends anymore. I have a bad habit of reading emails at night...overnight...early morning...weekends...and summers. I'm going to try very hard to avoid all of that, but most especially, I want my weekends to be school-free.

All we are doing are the normal things like groceries, laundry, etc. DD has a big project for her fashion styling class, and she needs me to photograph some "looks" that she is creating. It will be fun to think about something different.

I want to start decorating for
Halloween in the house. We normally go wild decorating outside and have hundreds of trick or treaters on Halloween, and given that this year it lands on a Saturday, it would have been epic. Except that it won't. Because it can't be. So, this year the outside of our house will be dark. But the inside will be epic! We are planning all sorts of fun activities, food, and spooky👻cocktails for us to celebrate just us. I can't wait!
🎃

I am sleeping in and just being lazy staying in bed. No specific workout yesterday or today, but a good amount of walking while shopping. My husband planned a weekend getaway to Lancaster to do some shopping. I was specifically looking for rugs for our newly renovated kitchen & dining room. Unfortunately didn’t find what I was looking for. But hit the Disney Store outlet and got some fun new shirts for about $5 each, including a Halloween one, and a Mickey apron. Today we’ll go to a few more outlet stores, then head home for dinner & movie night with the kids.

It was good to get away and not think about school for the weekend. We also have the 3 day weekend. So much of what I usually do on Sunday, I’m pushing off to Monday.

Amen to the healing power of doing nothing.

This morning Pippa wanted to snuggle in bed, so I lay there for a while and cuddled with her... made me feel better about where our relationship is.

I've really been craving outdoors time so first thing this morning I went down to Alki beach and stood down at the water edge, listening to the water and feeling the breeze. There was quite a bit of bright green seaweed on the beach, I think that must have broken free during the recent storms. I decided to do my country-loop drive early and headed right out from the beach, and was so glad I did... there was very little traffic the entire way. I stopped at a park and walked down by the edge of the Tolt River and read some signs about a reclamation project that had been done back in 2009 to give the river more space to spread out during periods of flooding, which is something I had been wondering about. I knew in recent years the river had crested its banks several times but couldn't remember any catastrophic flooding that used to happen in the valley, which is full of farms.

I've also really been wanting to go to the bookstore, so yesterday I read in my current book quite a bit... didn't finish but probably will today. So I went ahead and stopped in and picked up 'The Rules of Magic' by Alice Hoffman, which is the story of the Aunts in 'Practical Magic', when they were young women. Seems appropriate to read about witches at this time of year.

The football game starts in about half an hour, need to think about what to eat for lunch... something I can go get quickly. Maybe some teriyaki chicken, hmmm.

Amen to the healing power of doing nothing.

This morning Pippa wanted to snuggle in bed, so I lay there for a while and cuddled with her... made me feel better about where our relationship is.

I've really been craving outdoors time so first thing this morning I went down to Alki beach and stood down at the water edge, listening to the water and feeling the breeze. There was quite a bit of bright green seaweed on the beach, I think that must have broken free during the recent storms. I decided to do my country-loop drive early and headed right out from the beach, and was so glad I did... there was very little traffic the entire way. I stopped at a park and walked down by the edge of the Tolt River and read some signs about a reclamation project that had been done back in 2009 to give the river more space to spread out during periods of flooding, which is something I had been wondering about. I knew in recent years the river had crested its banks several times but couldn't remember any catastrophic flooding that used to happen in the valley, which is full of farms.

I've also really been wanting to go to the bookstore, so yesterday I read in my current book quite a bit... didn't finish but probably will today. So I went ahead and stopped in and picked up 'The Rules of Magic' by Alice Hoffman, which is the story of the Aunts in 'Practical Magic', when they were young women. Seems appropriate to read about witches at this time of year.

The football game starts in about half an hour, need to think about what to eat for lunch... something I can go get quickly. Maybe some teriyaki chicken, hmmm.
Sounds like a perfect day! Alice Hoffman is one of my favorite authors.

Strapped on a folding chair and walked the 15 minutes to a friend's house. We sat outside and gabbed and gabbed. It was lovely.

I'm starting to worry. I live on a dead end street and the house at the end has let us cut through their yard to get to their street. It's the reason my commute to work is six minutes on foot! They are moving and this is their last week! Nobody is sure if the new owners are going to let us do that. I really hope they do because going home for lunch keeps me sane!

Another non-stellar day for eating. sigh My goal the next few days is not to go grocery shopping. I know what we're eating the rest of the month, just need to double check I actually have everything! Twin1 wants hamburgers so we'll eat that tomorrow, Tuesday is a one pot chicken and rice meal, and Wednesday Papa Murphy's has half off a pizza for school employees. Mmmm gourmet vegetarian. I can't wait for Wednesday!

~ MOTIVATION MONDAY ~
What’s one thing you’ve done that makes you feel proud? It doesn’t have to be health related. Big or small, let’s motivate each other with some of our personal accomplishments!

For me, it was when I finished my bachelor’s degree in 3 years instead of 4. I took college classes in high school, had a full course load every semester (and worked 20-30 hours a week), and took summer school classes. I felt a lot of pride when I graduated.

078BD6DD-05F7-4758-9B1F-72A1462D591E.jpeg

Some personal accomplishments:
-earning my master’s degree while teaching first grade. Lots of weekend classes where I didn’t see my husband :( But felt so good to get it done and feel for these young teachers trying to do it now with little kids at home too. But it’s worth it!
-figuring out how to teach kindergarten online. I don’t know that it was as successful as teaching them in person in the classroom. But I feel good that I creating meaning online activities that helped them to retain what I had taught them in person. I’m hearing from the first grade teachers that they are surprised at what my kids are able to do (considering they were identified as the lowest kids entering kindergarten).
-a few years ago I lost 30 pounds. It was a combination of using MyFitnessPal to track my eating and then joining Beachbody. Unfortunately Iet my stress eating take over during the pandemic and I’ve gained almost all of it back. 😬 so now it’s time to get serious again and really watch what I eat!

My Motivation - if I did it before, I can do it again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!