September 29 2018 Fantasy - Western Caribbean

SJDisneyFanatic

Mouseketeer
Welcome to the cruise meet for the Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise departing Port Canaveral on Saturday September 29, 2018.

This is our 2nd cruise over all and our 2nd Disney Cruise. Our first cruise was one of the October 2016 cruises that was impacted by Hurricane Matthew. We were on the Dream and were hoping to get to Nassau and Castaway Cay. We ended up in Mexico and still had the best time ever! We were supposed to do Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween Party but it was not meant to be as our cruise ended up arriving into port more than 24 hours late and the party had been cancelled due to the hurricane concern. Oh well...so, this is our do over trip so hopefully we can make it to both Castaway Cay AND Mickey's Halloween party! Only time will tell but we are super excited to get on another Disney ship.

We are from the SF Bay Area in California. At the time of the cruise, my daughter will be 16 and my son will be 12. We are hoping to get to know some folks virtually who will be cruising with us.

Sorry - I thought I was creating this in the Cruise Meets section...if someone has the ability to move it there, please do!

I have moved this to the Cruise Meet Board and added it to the main directory for 2018 Fantasy cruises.
Happy Planning!

We will be on this cruise. It will be my DH, DS 4 at the time of sailing, and myself. This will be our second Disney Cruise. Our first one was on the Fantasy in January 2016 and it was the second Star Wars Day at Sea sailing. It was probably one of the best vacation I've ever had and I can't wait for this one. Waiting for it is going to torture. At least we have two Disney trips before then to get us through. We are going to DL this Aug and I just found out we are invited to Disney wedding in WDW next April.

Oh and we are from the Metro Detroit, Michigan area.

We will be on this cruise. It will be my DH, DS 4 at the time of sailing, and myself. This will be our second Disney Cruise. Our first one was on the Fantasy in January 2016 and it was the second Star Wars Day at Sea sailing. It was probably one of the best vacation I've ever had and I can't wait for this one. Waiting for it is going to torture. At least we have two Disney trips before then to get us through. We are going to DL this Aug and I just found out we are invited to Disney wedding in WDW next April.

Oh and we are from the Metro Detroit, Michigan area.

Welcome and I am so envious of your two trips. I promised my hubby no more Disney for a while because we have been quite a bit over the past 12 years and he is kind of done....he would like us to take our kids somewhere besides Disney for a while to try to expose them to other places.

Hi there. Just my wife and I joining you for this Cruise. This is our first 7 night Western (did the 5 night out of Miami) and second Holloween Cruise. Looking forward to seeing some new ports and maybe seeing some ruins in Mexico, if I can convince my wife.

Hi there. Just my wife and I joining you for this Cruise. This is our first 7 night Western (did the 5 night out of Miami) and second Holloween Cruise. Looking forward to seeing some new ports and maybe seeing some ruins in Mexico, if I can convince my wife.

Welcome! That is one of the things I am hoping to do as well...except I have to convince my then 16 year old and 12 year old....fingers crossed. We did the snorkeling/beach party adventure last time and it was fun but we looked longingly at the ruins adventure last time!

Hi! I just started to watch this thread as i found out there's a group here as well. Joined the FB group a couple of days ago.
I'm a Disney fan living in Oslo, Norway and a DCL cruise has been a dream for me for a while now. I finally booked this Western itinerary ad it's school holidays that time here. My two boys (then 12 and 11) will be with me for sure and maybe my partner with his two girls (to be 15&10) will join in too.
Good to know that the hurricane didn't ruin your cruise totally and you are willing to try the same period again. We were in Orlando in Universal Royal Pacific sept/oct 2016 (school hols) while Matthew was supposed to hit the area but luckily for us it meant two nights longer vacation paid by our flight company lol due to closed airport. We also managed MNSSHP on Sept 30 and it was a lot of fun. I am now sooo looking forward to this halloween cruise, castaway cay etc and hoping for the weather gods having mercy on us

Hi! I just started to watch this thread as i found out there's a group here as well. Joined the FB group a couple of days ago.
I'm a Disney fan living in Oslo, Norway and a DCL cruise has been a dream for me for a while now. I finally booked this Western itinerary ad it's school holidays that time here. My two boys (then 12 and 11) will be with me for sure and maybe my partner with his two girls (to be 15&10) will join in too.
Good to know that the hurricane didn't ruin your cruise totally and you are willing to try the same period again. We were in Orlando in Universal Royal Pacific sept/oct 2016 (school hols) while Matthew was supposed to hit the area but luckily for us it meant two nights longer vacation paid by our flight company lol due to closed airport. We also managed MNSSHP on Sept 30 and it was a lot of fun. I am now sooo looking forward to this halloween cruise, castaway cay etc and hoping for the weather gods having mercy on us

Hello! Welcome! Sorry - my computer died so I have not been logging on here as much as I would like! That is so funny because we were also at Universal before and after the cruise so perhaps we overlapped a little! I love the Lowe's RP. We stayed there in 2015 but tried the Portofino on our last trip. You sure are coming a long way for this cruise so I really hope the weather gods are extra good! I am excited to do the longer cruise...it is so much fun!

Just had another thought...

Sounds like your kids ages will all be similar mine! It might be fun to try to get them to be able to communicate a little before the cruise to help break the ice a little.

Do any of your crew use any sort of social media? I would love to try to introduce them virtually so they can have "friends" on board.

Let me know if any of them might be interested in exchanging information with my kids. Again, my son will have just turned 12 and my daughter will be 16.5.

No pressure...just thought it might be nice and could be fun to have a "pen pal" in the meantime and maybe beyond! I tried to start a conversation with you but perhaps you don't have 10 posts yet....

Just had another thought...

Sounds like your kids ages will all be similar mine! It might be fun to try to get them to be able to communicate a little before the cruise to help break the ice a little.

Do any of your crew use any sort of social media? I would love to try to introduce them virtually so they can have "friends" on board.

Let me know if any of them might be interested in exchanging information with my kids. Again, my son will have just turned 12 and my daughter will be 16.5.

No pressure...just thought it might be nice and could be fun to have a "pen pal" in the meantime and maybe beyond! I tried to start a conversation with you but perhaps you don't have 10 posts yet....

Hi there! That's a good idea for kids getting to know each other before! Mine don't have any social media accounts yet but there's a facebook group (search Disney Fantasy september 29, 2018 and you'll find the friendly group!:) where there's already arranged "Pen Pals" for the kids on the cruise. I haven't registered mine yet but I might do, when I asked the boys they looked like it sounded ok for them to get to know some others on board:)
When you ask to join the group and scroll down on their page a little, you should see a welcome post to me and not hard to recognize as there's not others from Norway there yet
A Disney cruise (and Castaway Cay) really has been on my bucket list a while so I'm willing to come long way but due to the flight cost need to choose a more affordable time of year.

I like Facebook but my only problem with these Cruise groups is that the membership is usually public (like the above mentioned one). Also it is fairly easy to get from Facebook to people's real identity. So I now know a large group of people whose homes might be empty on the date of the Cruise.

Having worked security, this makes me a little nervous. This is also why I never post about a trip on Facebook until I am already back. Not to say that posting here is totally without risk.

Last edited:
This is a very good point rcchello for sure! I don't like that anyone can see members of the closed group. For me it's the first time being member of a such FB group and i only hope the thievs of Norway don't search cruise groups.. There's almost no norwegian/european (other than Brittish) being aware of the fact that Disney is in cruising business.. but being in US I get what you are refering to.

Last edited:
Hi there! That's a good idea for kids getting to know each other before! Mine don't have any social media accounts yet but there's a facebook group (search Disney Fantasy september 29, 2018 and you'll find the friendly group!:) where there's already arranged "Pen Pals" for the kids on the cruise. I haven't registered mine yet but I might do, when I asked the boys they looked like it sounded ok for them to get to know some others on board:)
When you ask to join the group and scroll down on their page a little, you should see a welcome post to me and not hard to recognize as there's not others from Norway there yet
A Disney cruise (and Castaway Cay) really has been on my bucket list a while so I'm willing to come long way but due to the flight cost need to choose a more affordable time of year.
I will take a look to see if I can figure out which one you are! I am also in that group!

I like Facebook but my only problem with these Cruise groups is that the membership is usually public (like the above mentioned one). Also it is fairly easy to get from Facebook to people's real identity. So I now know a large group of people whose homes might be empty on the date of the Cruise.

Having worked security, this makes me a little nervous. This is also why I never post about a trip on Facebook until I am already back. Not to say that posting here is totally without risk.
Great point. I do the same by practice..don't usually post about our trip until we are back...but I also usually have someone come to stay at our house with our dog while we are away and have an alarm system on the house but definitely a good point. Criminals are nothing if not stealthy and devious!

I will take a look to see if I can figure out which one you are! I am also in that group!
I am not in that group for the reasons in my post. If I we're going to join that group I would have to create a new Facebook account with dummy information.

Feel free to PM me so that we can change the kids e-mails/social media accounts (if my boyfriend and his now 14 yr old daughter are joining us) a little closer to travel date. Also my boys don't have soc media accounts yet but they sometimes play online (Roblox, FIFA etc) and have chat possibility in the games and my older one also has a Skype account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!