September 9, 2018 WBTA - Dover to New York

So is anyone going to London early before the cruise? If yes, how are you getting to Dover? I am thinking about getting there on Thursday and then
taking the train Saturday morning to the port, but I have never stayed in London, only took a day trip from my last cruise so I am a bit nervous about navigating around the city. Not as mobile as I once was. This will be my second Disney cruise and also my second time on the Magic, so now I know my way around and am getting very excited.

We're also staying in London a few days before the cruise out of Dover. We will then take a car service the night before the cruise to Dover, and visit Dover Castle, White Cliffs of Dover and then stay at the Ramada Dover for one night. The Ramada is about 10 minutes from the Port of Dover.

I was quoted 700 for the Grosvenor. Thanks for the info I'll check out the Double tree prices. I know transfers can be booked as late as 3 days before. Are you taking the bus to Victoria?

We're staying at the Doubletree by Hilton London Victoria and booked privately because the rate we received from DCL was higher. Not using Disney transportation to the ship because it will get us there late. We decided to transfer to Dover the night before the cruise and visit Dover Castle and the White Cliffs of Dover. We are staying at the Ramada Dover which is about 10 minutes away from the port.

We're staying at the Doubletree by Hilton London Victoria and booked privately because the rate we received from DCL was higher. Not using Disney transportation to the ship because it will get us there late. We decided to transfer to Dover the night before the cruise and visit Dover Castle and the White Cliffs of Dover. We are staying at the Ramada Dover which is about 10 minutes away from the port.
I cancelled this cruise. I decided to book an IGT on the EBTA. I'm impatiently waiting to book the WBTA for next year. All great information. Thank you.

Hi Everyone! So excited for this cruise! This is our 3rd Disney Cruise and our second TA. The first one was on the QE2 and it was EBTA in October of 1998. I was pregnant with our 3rd son and I told my DH that if they could have gotten a helicopter to the ship I would have gotten off. The weather was awful for me. I'm hoping going a month earlier and not being pregnant will make a huge difference.
We have booked our hotel in London for 3 nights prior to the cruise. We are staying at the Atheneanum in the Mayfair area. We have both been to London before so we want to spend one day at Harry Potter and one day at the Imperial War Museum. Beyond that no plans. Maybe a proper tea would be nice.
This is our second cruise without the boys and it still feels strange!
Looking forward to meeting everyone :flower1:

Greetings and welcome aboard. Hope we have good weather for you, I'm to the point I don't care what it is like since I have been wanting to do a TA for so long. We are doing the British Isles cruise prior t this one and will be our 18th DCL.

So has anyone taken the bus from the Doubletree to Dover ?? ? Another poster said it gets in late to Dover....how late?
I am a not a young person and have a bad knee so I do not want to drag suitcases up and down the stairs to the Tube etc.
so I thought I would stay at the St. Ermin's hotel, which is close to Victoria station, a lovely hotel with much History (and a lovely tea room) then take a cab Sunday morning to the Doubletree straight to Dover. Any thoughts or recommendations would be great

Hi Everyone! So excited for this cruise! This is our 3rd Disney Cruise and our second TA. The first one was on the QE2 and it was EBTA in October of 1998. I was pregnant with our 3rd son and I told my DH that if they could have gotten a helicopter to the ship I would have gotten off. The weather was awful for me. I'm hoping going a month earlier and not being pregnant will make a huge difference.
We have booked our hotel in London for 3 nights prior to the cruise. We are staying at the Atheneanum in the Mayfair area. We have both been to London before so we want to spend one day at Harry Potter and one day at the Imperial War Museum. Beyond that no plans. Maybe a proper tea would be nice.
This is our second cruise without the boys and it still feels strange!
Looking forward to meeting everyone :flower1:

We, too, have 3 sons. They are older (19-25), but are still annoyed we aren't including them on our cruise. We haven't cruised Disney (or any other line) in nearly 10 years, and they are all anxious to go again. It would be their 9th DCL. This will be DH's and my 11th–we will finally make platinum!

Has anyone taken the Disney transfer from Heathrow airport? We will be staying at a hotel the night before at Terminal 4 and are considering booking the transfer.

So has anyone taken the bus from the Doubletree to Dover ?? ? Another poster said it gets in late to Dover....how late?
I am a not a young person and have a bad knee so I do not want to drag suitcases up and down the stairs to the Tube etc.
so I thought I would stay at the St. Ermin's hotel, which is close to Victoria station, a lovely hotel with much History (and a lovely tea room) then take a cab Sunday morning to the Doubletree straight to Dover. Any thoughts or recommendations would be great
I have not taken the bus before, but I will be for this cruise.

I believe we are suppose to be at the Doubletree at 10am. I would think it will work like it does at Orlando they will fill buses and send them as they fill. The last buses might be slower leaving if they are waiting for people. It seems like there is a large number of people taking this bus so I expect there will be multiple buses.

I would think that they would arrive between 1-2pm. The trip is 2 hours according to Google Maps, it is a Sunday morning so traffic should be lighter.

I have not taken the bus before, but I will be for this cruise.

I believe we are suppose to be at the Doubletree at 10am. I would think it will work like it does at Orlando they will fill buses and send them as they fill. The last buses might be slower leaving if they are waiting for people. It seems like there is a large number of people taking this bus so I expect there will be multiple buses.

I would think that they would arrive between 1-2pm. The trip is 2 hours according to Google Maps, it is a Sunday morning so traffic should be lighter.

London City Center Transfer leaves from DoubleTree Hilton Victoria at 10:15am. Guest can arrive as early as 9am. The cost is $60 per person.

Looks like I'll be grabbing a giant Starbucks and meeting you all at the Doubletree! I would rather get there earlier than later. It is getting real now. Got an email
from DCL that final payment is due next month!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

::MinnieMo I think I read on an old trip report that some of these buses stop at a roadstop on the highway. Hope that is true. We could get some interesting snacks from there. :hmghost:

I too recall seeing pictures from the rest stop. I do know on our return from port to Heathrow there were no stops and the traffic was heavy, airport security was even busier, Very happy that we get to fly out of NYC instead. We decided to head straight down to Dover this trip since our previous trips we did London a few days pre trip, staying at Best Western Dover Marina.

I too recall seeing pictures from the rest stop. I do know on our return from port to Heathrow there were no stops and the traffic was heavy, airport security was even busier, Very happy that we get to fly out of NYC instead. We decided to head straight down to Dover this trip since our previous trips we did London a few days pre trip, staying at Best Western Dover Marina.

Hmm... interesting, thanks for that info. Guess I will pick up some snacks at the local shop before heading to the bus. I am also very glad to be flying back via NYC. Flying is such a hassle from
a small town airport to Europe. So many stops, so much more $$$. I dread flying to Barcelona in 2019.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter