September "New Beginnings" Exercise Thread

PollyannaMom

I was a click-clack champ!!
Welcome to the September 2018 Exercise Thread! All through school, and now working on the academic calendar, fall has been a time of new beginnings for me. So this month, I thought we'd explore some of the many beginnings in the Disney story. (main source - https://d23.com/disney-history)

If you’re returning, we’re excited to have you back! If you’re new, welcome to the team! (Fall is a great time to begin!) Here’s how it works:

Each person chooses a time goal, and posts minutes toward that goal as they exercise. (You can post daily or just catch up when you can.) You decide what movement counts towards your goal, which can be a nice round total for the month, a specific number that means something to you, or a calculation based on a target number of minutes per day.

Since September has 30 days, here are some common conversions:
15 minutes/day = 450
20 minutes/day = 600
30 minutes/day = 900
45 minutes/day = 1350
1 hour/day = 1800

One of the special motivations of our Disney challenge is color changing! Page one will be updated with individual and team color changes as we make more and more progress.

10% - Beginning Blue
25% - Onward Orange
50% - Possibilities Purple
75% - Promising Pink
90% - Rolling Along Red
100% - Got There Green

We’re officially starting this challenge on September 1st, but if you don’t find this thread until later in the month, you’re still welcome to join!! Just post your goal and I’ll add you to the list. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, and to check out old threads to see what’s been going on.

Team Progress:
-----------------------------
PollyannaMom ~ 600/600
piglet1979 ~ 1258/1350

sophy1996 ~ 1455/1400
Twilight Sparkle ~ 1630/1500
Elizabeth Smith ~ 625/600

BonnieF ~ 835/900

-----------------------------
Grand Total ~ 6,613/6,350 ~ 104%

Last edited:
I'm signing up for my usual 20/min a day = 600 minutes.

And our first "Disney Beginning" is, of course, the company itself - on October 16, 1923. It was originally known as the Disney Brothers Cartoon Studio, and their first productions were called the "Alice Comedies". Here's a highlight video:

(As you can see, some of it wouldn't fly in today's Disney cartoons!)

Yaaaaas New Beginnings!!! Scarily timed so perfectly for me. I literally just wrote a spell (yes, I'm a little witchy lol) to banish a very bad habit of mine that's been detrimental to my relationship. I'm going to be casting it this evening and every morning for 21 days I will meditate on it. I'm also going to begin exercising and eating healthier again. So weird how the universe gives you exactly what you need exactly when you need it...

Last month I achieved my goal pretty easily so I'm going to try and challenge myself a bit more. My goal was gonna be 2,000 but I really don't like that number lol so I'm gonna make it 2300. Almost double what my goal was last month. I'm probably going to kick myself for it during the month but ik it will be so worth it by the end!!! Good luck everyone :flower1:

Good morning, all!

25 minutes for me yesterday, mostly yoga.

And our second Disney beginning is the main mouse himself! The year was 1928, but apparently, the actual date was kind of flexible for a while:

https://www.waltdisney.org/blog/birth-mouse

mickey-mouse-gallery-03.jpg

Hi all!
I’m in for 900.
Elizabeth Smith, what a fun month!! PollyannaMom, thanks for hosting- looking forward to the theme!!
My daughter moved Friday and we helped unpack her yesterday. I’ll just put in minutes for yesterday - counting moving boxes around, trips to the car and stores - easily 120 minutes, probably more!!! Thankfully her new place has air conditioning !!!
I’m glad to see the end of a difficult week!
I’ll get off the couch soon - maybe walk out between innings of the ball game

Adding in my 20 minutes for today (marching on the mini-trampoline) for 45/600,

and announcing our first color change already!! :rainbow:

Congrats to BonnieF on reaching Beginning Blue!!

Good morning, and Happy Labor Day! I hope everyone has fun or relaxing plans for the day off.

Our beginning for today occurred on November 18, 1932, when the 5th ever Academy Awards ceremony introduced a new category - Best Short Subject (Cartoon)...It was, of course, won by Walt Disney for "Flowers & Trees" -

And we have another happy color change - congrats to Twilight Sparkle!!! :rainbow:

Good Morning, and Happy Unofficial First Day of Fall!

I have 20 minute for yesterday, which brings me to 65/600 and Beginning Blue, along with sophy1996!!!! :rainbow:

Team totals stand at 615/8,650, and our beginning for today is Disney's first full-length animated feature, Snow White, which premiered December 21, 1937.

https://ohmy.disney.com/movies/2013...-facts-about-snow-white-and-the-seven-dwarfs/

https://www.menadena.com/blog/2014/9/lessons-in-risk-from-walt-disney-and-snow-white

The film was huge financial gamble for the studio, and for Walt personally, but it payed off in the end, and set off "The Golden Age of Animation" at Disney.

1180w-600h_022117_unique-disney-oscar-awards-780x440.jpg

Is anyone else mourning the unofficial end of summer? I guess the good thing is, with the cooler weather, it’s easier to move more.

I wish I could mourn the unofficial end of summer. I think our summer just started in Northeast Ohio. We have had heat indexes close if not over 100 lately with very high humidity. We get about 3-4 days in a row like this then a day or 2 in the 80's. I am so ready for some 70 degree weather.

The weather messed with my time on Saturday. It was too hot to go out during the day so I was going to go out at sunset. Well it decided to storm at this time. Sunday was the same without the storm so I got some walking plus I went shopping with DD. Then yesterday DH and I got up and walked at 9am. It was still really hot but we managed to get though it. Then went shopping with DD again. Her birthday was at the end of August and we now just take the kids shopping for their birthday.

Sept 1. -- 19 minutes
Sept 2 -- 96 minutes
Sept 3 -- 123 minutes

Total 238/1350

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!