Several Random Questions - sorry it's so long

Cottoncandylove

Merrily, Merrily, Merrily...
So, I know this is a long time away, but these questions have been rambling through my head and I know you all will have great knowledgeable advise.

1) The last and only time we were there we stayed at Adventura and took the buses and went in with the crowds at the parks. This time we will be staying at HRH for Halloween 2021 and from all I've seen it seem looks like there is a separate security area when you walk to the parks?

2) My DD (teen) has anxieties and we stopped and left the parks when they got really bad, but is there any places in the parks that might be a little quiet where she might be able to regroup?

3) Also, we went to HHN 29 and had a great time, but being first timers it was super confusing where things were, we missed all the shows went in circles a lot. lol The lines were super long even with express. Now everything is up in the air as far as Covid and no one knows what 2021 will bring, but my question in general is: would it be better to buy express passes again and perhaps go two nights instead to see everything or splurge and order the RIP tour?

Like I said, this is just in general and I'm just looking for food for thought.

So, I know this is a long time away, but these questions have been rambling through my head and I know you all will have great knowledgeable advise.

1) The last and only time we were there we stayed at Adventura and took the buses and went in with the crowds at the parks. This time we will be staying at HRH for Halloween 2021 and from all I've seen it seem looks like there is a separate security area when you walk to the parks?

2) My DD (teen) has anxieties and we stopped and left the parks when they got really bad, but is there any places in the parks that might be a little quiet where she might be able to regroup?

3) Also, we went to HHN 29 and had a great time, but being first timers it was super confusing where things were, we missed all the shows went in circles a lot. lol The lines were super long even with express. Now everything is up in the air as far as Covid and no one knows what 2021 will bring, but my question in general is: would it be better to buy express passes again and perhaps go two nights instead to see everything or splurge and order the RIP tour?

Like I said, this is just in general and I'm just looking for food for thought.
1. Yes, separate security, much quicker/easier
2. Generally spots around the water are good bets for fewer crowds at both parks and around stage in Diagon Alley at USO.
3. I’ll let HHN vets answer that

1. jdrum3 already answered.
2. Just to add, each park has some "mask free" areas where you can safely remove your mask for a few minutes. When we were there a month ago, those areas were usually fairly empty with lots of "empty" areas.
3. We did the RIP tour last year for the first time. We loved it. If you only have a night or 2 to see HHN, then getting an RIP tour is a great way to quickly hit all the houses without spending a lot of time waiting in lines. The only caveat I'll give though is that if you hit the parks during the day, you will be walking a lot that day. I think my tracker said I walked almost 25 miles in total that day. o_O

I’ve attended hhn since the 3rd year it started and gone yearly

hhn 2021 will have crowds

book a hhn tour for next year so you can do all the houses without those hour long waits..

crowds will vary based on date you attend.
mid hhn season is when many attend

if you go in the first few weeks, you can avoid long house waits usually

For #2, a few of my favorite quiet spots that come to mind:

Universal Studios
-Central Park walkway - a winding path with some shade away from the bustle - this is near the lake with entrances to the path near the Back to the Future Delorean on one end and across from Cafe la Bamba on the other end.
-The alleyways in the New York section - connects from opposite the arcade next to The Mummy and cuts through at a diagonal towards the water.
-The fountain outside of Diagon Alley - there's sometimes a line by the Knight Bus, but on the opposite side of the fountain there's usually room to sit down and it has a nice view towards the water.
-Knockturn Alley, a somewhat hidden section within Diagon Alley, especially the section on the north end, accessed at the end of the walkway past the Magical Menagerie - note that it's *very* dark in here, so skip this one if that's an issue, but it is very quiet and usually cooler temp-wise. There are spooky decorations, but nothing that pops out or makes loud noises.
-Stairs in front of the New York Library - this is straight back from the main entrance, all the way to the end of the road past Jimmy Fallon's ride. The RRR coaster does swoop near here, so it's not completely quiet, but if the goal is just to be away from people, this area should be clear.

Islands of Adventure
-Water front area straight back from the entrance, across from Cinnabon, etc. Nice quiet view of the water and usually not many people down here.
-Walkway between Seuss and the lake - there are a couple loops offset from the main walkway along the water for another nice spot to view the lake without any thru-traffic.

Another option in Islands of Adv. (at least before all the Jurassic Coaster work began) is the area right behind the Jurassic Discovery Building.

Thank you all so much for all the help!! I just want her to have the best birthday and enjoy USO as much as possible. I didn't realize there were so many area that could be a quiet in the parks. She just gets freaked out over being too close to strangers for too long over a personal PTSD trauma so anything were we can go away from people till she settles is immensely helpful. This is when I realized EP mean the world for some for that reason.

Also, how soon can you book the RIP tours and HHN tickets, normally??

Again, thank you all for all the help!! I'm getting more excited thinking about it!!

It has varied over the years when hhn ticket sales are released to the public

Some years it has been early as early June but usually somebody will make a thread and post when ticket sales are open.

Thank you all so much for all the help!! I just want her to have the best birthday and enjoy USO as much as possible. I didn't realize there were so many area that could be a quiet in the parks. She just gets freaked out over being too close to strangers for too long over a personal PTSD trauma so anything were we can go away from people till she settles is immensely helpful. This is when I realized EP mean the world for some for that reason.

Also, how soon can you book the RIP tours and HHN tickets, normally??

Again, thank you all for all the help!! I'm getting more excited thinking about it!!
There really are a lot of places at Universal that you can get away from crowds for a bit. As mentioned, the U-Rest zones, at least when we were there, were pretty empty.

We also found a nice spot in City Walk - there are a few tables right in front of Menchi's that we went to two different nights. There is one section with two tables, and a second that had 3 or 4, I think. To get there, go up the steps right by Voodoo Donuts.

In the mornings, the back deck at Three Broomsticks was also empty.

There was a spot right by ET that was also quiet. There was some kind of trailer or something there, not sure what it was, but it wasn't open. Just behind it is a little wall that we sat on for a bit when we needed a rest.

Hhn non private tours have different prices, date related

Saturday tours have the highest costs for the event.
Friday a bit lower

Wednesday and Thursday in the past had the cheapest rates for the non private tours

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter