Severt Family Pre Trip Mediterranean Cruise Report

jmedrew

Mouseketeer
Hi! I am new to these boards, well, at least to posting. I have lurked for a bit. I thought I would share our cruise as I have gotten so much awesome info from others on this board. I do have a blog where I write about our travels while stationed in Germany. Here is the link for anyone interested.

Www.delightfullycoconuts.com

But onto the cruise and our report!

We are the Severt Family, orginally from the midwest but living in Germany. There is me, I am Jamie, 36. Hubby is Drew, he is 38. We have 2 daughters, Morgan who is 11.5 and Brenna who turns 8 on Wednesday, the 9th. We have lived over here for 1.5 yrs and will head back to the states the summer of 2014.

Also going on this cruise is the Myers family. If you check out my blog, they are all over it. We met them a year ago and have become close friends fast.

I originally booked the June 1st cruise but had to change to the Aug 31st sailing. I read this is the last cruise before they refurbish the ship. I am a little nervous about her condition but she is the only ship over here in Europe. I am just glad DCL came back as 2013 they werent here!

We fly in from Frankfurt to Barcelona on Lufthansa. We got our round trip tickets for 400€. We fly in the night before the cruise. I booked the Novotel for our pre cruise. After we get off the boat we will stay overnight at the Casp 74 condos. We fly back to Germany on Sunday.

Starting to look at excursions. I want to do something big in Rome. We might do a Disney excursion and leave the kids on the boat that day. Other than that no big plans for our ports yet. I just cant wait for the hot weather and sunshine!!

Oh and we signed up for the Disney credit card earlier this year. We got $100 when we signed up and already have $300 in rewards! This will help a lot!

Any advice is welcome, this is our first cruise ever and I want it to be the best!!

Awww, I hope some people are interested!

Today I hooked my reservation with our friends...why hadnt we done that yet??? :rotfl:

We are on deck 7 which makes me pretty happy since we are such a low category. I checked my room on another site and it had good reviews.

So far, so good!

Hi Jamie- I have never posted either but my daughter who is 9 and I are on the Magic June 14, 2014 for the 12 day mediterranean cruise. She will be 10 by then. I hope you Guys have a great time! I would love any advice or tips you can pass along :0). I checked out your blog your daughters are cuties!

We went on our first cruise jan 20, 2013 on the Dream it was awesome. My Dd Cori had so much fun decorating our door and surprising friends on the same cruise by decorating theirs. She changed the "stateroom ears" out on both doors before she even changed from her pjs everyday.

Patti

I think you might have the wrong year for the refurbishment. Magic is being refurbished in 2013, so she will still be sparkling next summer! We are sailing August 16th and I'm already thinking about our itinerary!!! Have a wonderful time.

I think you might have the wrong year for the refurbishment. Magic is being refurbished in 2013, so she will still be sparkling next summer! We are sailing August 16th and I'm already thinking about our itinerary!!! Have a wonderful time.

are you sure the renovations will be done this summer? I thought they were doing them after the final med cruise of 2013.. where did you hear that?

Anyone booked for Disney 7 day Mediterranean Cruise out of Spain and back can some help out with excursion offered what recommended thanks Andy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter