SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

I tried repeatedly over a few days to link my hotel reservation in MDE. As suggested above, I attempted to enter the original 13 character reservation number, but MDE would only let me enter 12 characters. Then I tried the smaller 8 character reservation number that was on my adjusted reservation, but no success. I gave up and called Disney today. The CM asked for the original number with the “SB” in the middle. He was able to enter it, but couldn’t explain why when I tried I couldn’t enter the last character. Whatever, it’s linked now and all is well.

SO, now that my reservation is linked, will it open up for fastpasses at 60 days and be open for my who,e length of stay?

While we have stayed at SOG many times, I had never heard of rooms with a walk in shower rather than the normal tub/shower combination. Periodically, I see mention of people staying in a room with a walk in shower. Is this something new or are they just located in specific rooms? Thanks.

While we have stayed at SOG many times, I had never heard of rooms with a walk in shower rather than the normal tub/shower combination. Periodically, I see mention of people staying in a room with a walk in shower. Is this something new or are they just located in specific rooms? Thanks.

When I was booking online, some of the room choices specify a standing shower only. Same price and process as a standard room, just an option you can select.

Last edited:
Hi every one, we are going next year a little after Christmas, we will have a party of 16, one of them will be 15 months old will we need 4 rooms or can we do 3?

Hi every one, we are going next year a little after Christmas, we will have a party of 16, one of them will be 15 months old will we need 4 rooms or can we do 3?
Fairly certain the limit is 5 per room regardless of age so yes you will need 4 rooms. It is due to fire codes. Also, it is two adults per room. Each additional adult is $15 each per night I believe.

Fairly certain the limit is 5 per room regardless of age so yes you will need 4 rooms. It is due to fire codes. Also, it is two adults per room. Each additional adult is $15 each per night I believe.

Or you could get a couple suites which hold more.

We had one in Nov. All I know is when we booked, that's what DH booked. We were in the Palm wing. Literally as we got off the elevator and turned left, we were the first room on the right. It was only a few weeks ago, but I think we were in 4101. This was our first time with a shower only room.

We’ve stayed here twice and both times ended up in the same room on the Palm side. Loved the room but the WiFi was non existent in the room. I found that it was fine throughout the rest of the resort. Last stay was Oct 2017. So are most rooms like this or should we request a different room this time when we go? We like to use our gadgets when first waking up in the morning so it’s a good part of the routine.

We’ve stayed here twice and both times ended up in the same room on the Palm side. Loved the room but the WiFi was non existent in the room. I found that it was fine throughout the rest of the resort. Last stay was Oct 2017. So are most rooms like this or should we request a different room this time when we go? We like to use our gadgets when first waking up in the morning so it’s a good part of the routine.

Our room in Nov 2016 was way at the end of the Magnolia side, and wifi was very faint at best, mostly non-existent. Each morning I would take my laptop to the main lobby and take care of work stuff as needed then head to the parks, but it sure would have been nice to handle that in the room. When I got the follow-up email about "please give us your feedback" I noted that wifi was awful down at the end of the hall and they definitely need some repeaters to make sure the entire property was supported. If you had the same experience at the end of Palm I guess they haven't fixed that.

Question... Has anyone been able to use Uber while staying at SoG yet? At one time Uber was not allowed on SoG property... Has this changed? Thanks!

D~

Has anyone had experiences having groceries delivered to SOG from Safeway, Amazon Prime Now or Instacart? Did you make SOG aware you were expecting an order and were you present for the order?

Question... Has anyone been able to use Uber while staying at SoG yet? At one time Uber was not allowed on SoG property... Has this changed? Thanks!

D~
I have no personal experience with Uber at SOG but I am pretty sure I read somewhere that folks were using Uber to get to and from SOG from the airport without issue now. I *think* I saw that on a military Disney fb group page.

Has anyone had experiences having groceries delivered to SOG from Safeway, Amazon Prime Now or Instacart? Did you make SOG aware you were expecting an order and were you present for the order?

Amazon prime now was AWESOME!!! Put the order in while we were waiting to board our flight, and had an email when we landed that it was delivered. When we got to our room, we had a message from bell services that they had our stuff. We went down to dinner and stopped by bell services on our way back to the room to request delivery. They were only about 2 minutes behind us. The whole process was seamless and I will 100% do it again. We did not alert SOG ahead of time, and just put “leave with bell services” in the delivery instructions.

I have no personal experience with Uber at SOG but I am pretty sure I read somewhere that folks were using Uber to get to and from SOG from the airport without issue now. I *think* I saw that on a military Disney fb group page.

I took Uber once from POFQ to SOG to buy park tickets. No issues at all. The driver said it’s never a problem for them to go to SOG - they just show their Uber credentials to the gate guard and are allowed through. We never personally tried getting picked up at SOG, but that driver said he does it all the time.

We will be staying here in October and I'm so thrilled to get to experience this resort.

Can someone tell me about the walk to the Poly?

We will be staying here in October and I'm so thrilled to get to experience this resort.

Can someone tell me about the walk to the Poly?
It's a nice walk on a lit pathway along some ponds and the golf course. It is about a ten minute walk. Sometimes the bellmen are available to drive you to end of the Shades of Green property in an oversized golf cart (tips are appreciated).

It's a nice walk on a lit pathway along some ponds and the golf course. It is about a ten minute walk. Sometimes the bellmen are available to drive you to end of the Shades of Green property in an oversized golf cart (tips are appreciated).
Thank you so much! I'll make sure to have tip money on me.

Just reserved a room this June today. Ready for our 5th stay at SOG. Has all the construction been completed? Every time we've stayed in the past, something was being worked on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter