SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

We will be staying here in October and I'm so thrilled to get to experience this resort.

Can someone tell me about the walk to the Poly?

The walk to/from Poly is very nice. In fact, if you're going to MK or Epcot, I'd recommend walking to Poly and taking the monorail. With the new bag check rules, you'll have a much shorter bag check line at Poly versus the TTC.

The drivers are very proficient at loading. Only two scooters or wheelchairs per trip. The SOG buses are usually on time. We have gone many times and hubby uses power wheelchair

Question... Has anyone been able to use Uber while staying at SoG yet? At one time Uber was not allowed on SoG property... Has this changed? Thanks!

D~
So we called an UBER and they had no problem getting on property. It was an absolute monsoon thunderstorm outside. We were only going across the street to Ohana at the Polynesian but there was no way we could walk. The UBER got on property with no issue, he picked us up, we joked how we were only going across the street. There was somewhat of a language barrier, but not terrible. He started driving and driving and driving. I kept asking WHERE ARE YOU GOING? And he wasn't answering me. After we were almost leaving Disney Property and I was ready to call the police, lol. My husband is screaming at him, the guy is now a nervous wreck. He had put in his GPS for an address in downtown Orlando. But he wasn't listening to us when we kept telling us it was wrong. He just KEPT DRIVING. I was yelling for him to pull over and get his bearings (rain was so hard we couldn't even see out the windows).

It got to the point that I told him he needed to pull over and let me drive!!! This guy was absolutely clueless and was going to cause an accident in this weather not knowing where he was going. 1 hour and 15 minutes later we got to the Polynesian. We have never used UBER again and probably won't. LOL.
But to answer your question, they are relaxed with letting them on property. HAHA

Today was the first time i could reserve Fastpass+ at the 60 day mark being a SOG guest. For our trip beginning on March 30th I landed every single fastpass we wanted! Love the extension of the 60 day window to SOG guests!

Going to do the happy dance now!!!!!!

Does SOG still send out an order form for tickets in advance of your stay?

Yes - I stayed there in May 2017 and in mid March 2017 (I think it was about 70 days out) I got email from SOG asking about ticket orders, I filled it out and returned the next day and got the call (they normally call on phone to verify what you want as some people get confused or try to order the wrong stuff) the day after that and they charged my CC for the tickets and emailed me PDF of scans of my tickets right away.

Today was the first time i could reserve Fastpass+ at the 60 day mark being a SOG guest. For our trip beginning on March 30th I landed every single fastpass we wanted! Love the extension of the 60 day window to SOG guests!

Going to do the happy dance now!!!!!!
SO happy to hear this report! We do our fast passes in 2 weeks for our SOG stay!

Does anyone know how strict they are on the pool slide height?

It depends on the lifeguard. Some were stricter then others. If you are close to the height they will measure you and give you a wristband if you are the right height. During my stay in August they did measure a lot of people. My son who was obviously tall enough but still young was measured and given a wristband about half the times he went to the pool. Of course he didn't want one because he felt it made him look like a baby, even though we kept telling him that it meant he was tall enough.

It depends on the lifeguard. Some were stricter then others. If you are close to the height they will measure you and give you a wristband if you are the right height. During my stay in August they did measure a lot of people. My son who was obviously tall enough but still young was measured and given a wristband about half the times he went to the pool. Of course he didn't want one because he felt it made him look like a baby, even though we kept telling him that it meant he was tall enough.
Thanks. My girls will be a few inches too short and I was afraid they won’t even let them go down the slide:(

Ok, we have long stayed at Disney resorts, but are considering a fall trip and there is little to no availability for the dates we want at resorts we want with the military discount. I checked out Shades pricing and it is so much better (whereas in the past we kind of broke even between the two) that even my dining plan obsessed husband was open to it...) I'm sure it's been covered (and I see FastPasses at 60 confirmed), but we can make ADR's at 180+10 if we stay at Shades? TIA!

Ok, we have long stayed at Disney resorts, but are considering a fall trip and there is little to no availability for the dates we want at resorts we want with the military discount. I checked out Shades pricing and it is so much better (whereas in the past we kind of broke even between the two) that even my dining plan obsessed husband was open to it...) I'm sure it's been covered (and I see FastPasses at 60 confirmed), but we can make ADR's at 180+10 if we stay at Shades? TIA!

Yes, make your ADRs 180 days out, for your entire trip (Up to 10 days).

Thanks. My girls will be a few inches too short and I was afraid they won’t even let them go down the slide:(

They would not allow my son, who was just about an inch too short, to use the slide in December.

I realize they can’t swim test every kid, but that’s such a better way to tell if a kid should be using the slide. My son didn’t really get upset about it, but it felt kind of ridiculous he couldn’t do it since he’s passed the deep water swim test at our Y.

Does SoG really take luggage back to airport for guests? I read a few sentences about it- with convenience of printing boarding passes.

I’m flying Southwest. Is this a participating airline?

I think it said less than 24 hours before departure time. Anyone know the minimum number of hours before departure time?

The walk to/from Poly is very nice. In fact, if you're going to MK or Epcot, I'd recommend walking to Poly and taking the monorail. With the new bag check rules, you'll have a much shorter bag check line at Poly versus the TTC.

That works in terms of boarding, but when you ride the monorail from any of the monorail resorts or the TTC, you get checked just before you board AND when you get to Epcot. There's no way to separate out the monorail riders from those taking the bus or driving. Epcot bag check has longer lines than anywhere else and a lot of people feeding in at the same time.

And, as I've said previously, we always walk to the Poly or TTC. This past Nov we found getting into Epcot was slow regardless of which way we took. The bag check at the TTC was never too bad.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter