Shades of Green "Stars and Stripes" Passes. Anyone know these answers?

DLgal

DIS Veteran
Couple Questions:

1. Can you buy a 10 day S&S pass if you are doing a split stay at two different Disney resorts, totaling 11 nights? On the site it says "length of stay...number of days on ticket must match length of stay."

2. Can you buy these in advance and link to MDE to make FP+ at the 60 day mark?

Thanks in advance!

Couple Questions:

1. Can you buy a 10 day S&S pass if you are doing a split stay at two different Disney resorts, totaling 11 nights? On the site it says "length of stay...number of days on ticket must match length of stay."

2. Can you buy these in advance and link to MDE to make FP+ at the 60 day mark?

Thanks in advance!

I don't have an answer for you, but if someone else doesn't come along with an answer, you may want to ask Steve over on his Disney Military tips site:
http://www.militarydisneytips.com/

I don't have an answer for you, but if someone else doesn't come along with an answer, you may want to ask Steve over on his Disney Military tips site:
http://www.militarydisneytips.com/

Thanks. I just shot off an email to Shades of Green ticket office. I'd rather get the answer straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak. Just wondering if anyone here would know definitively while I wait for an answer from them.

I am not sure about the split stay but I just made 60 day advance fast passes today and have stars and stripes tickets that I purchased for our trip. So yes you can purchase in advance and they will send you scans of your tickets to enter into MDE for fast passes.

Shades of Green advertises a 5 day park hopper for $268 which is cheaper than S&S. We used these last year and you can get them at your base.

As long as it is a Disney resort should be no problem. Once you get the tickets you just have to use within its timeframe. One reason. I like the MYW plus tickets is that they have a longer time frame. Example 10 Stars expire 11 days from first use. Sure you can go to all the parks but has to be in that 11 days.

A 7 day park hopper plus pass allows 7 days at main parks then another 7 separate visits to water parks and other minor attractions within a 14 day time frame. So I don't fill as rushed and cheaper. However if you plan to spend all 10 in major parks and are leaving on day 12 then Stars may be best.

Shades of Green advertises a 5 day park hopper for $268 which is cheaper than S&S. We used these last year and you can get them at your base.

Yeah, this is the Salute ticket. This won't work for us this trip because we are staying 10 days and there are 4 of us and the purchase limit is 6.

As long as it is a Disney resort should be no problem. Once you get the tickets you just have to use within its timeframe. One reason. I like the MYW plus tickets is that they have a longer time frame. Example 10 Stars expire 11 days from first use. Sure you can go to all the parks but has to be in that 11 days.

A 7 day park hopper plus pass allows 7 days at main parks then another 7 separate visits to water parks and other minor attractions within a 14 day time frame. So I don't fill as rushed and cheaper. However if you plan to spend all 10 in major parks and are leaving on day 12 then Stars may be best.

Yes, we will be fine with the expiration on day 11. We are only staying for 10 full days.

So I emailed SOG asking these specific questions and they sent back a canned response with order forms attached. Ugh! I tried calling but got a voicemail.

You do not have to buy 6. Also the expiration on these tickets are a full calendar year. You would have 5 days main parks and 5 water park days. Also you can get a 4 day pass for Universal for 179$(limit 6). I am doing this with grands, 5 days WDW parks, 1 day water park and 2 days Universal. Royal Pacific has a military discount on rooms and you get front of the line passes for both day you arrive and day you leave plus early entrance on both days. My room cost was 263$ give or take a few dollars.

I did get 10 day MYW for 2 grands as we will be there 15 days. Older teens there for 8 days. I am taking younger two kids to Discover Cove to swim with Dolphins. Also got military discount and breakfast, lunch, and smacks are included.

Yeah, this is the Salute ticket. This won't work for us this trip because we are staying 10 days and there are 4 of us and the purchase limit is 6.

It will work for 3 of you as you can each use 2 of them to cover the 10 days. Then maybe just get the regularly discounted ticket for the other one for the full 10 days.

You do not have to buy 6. Also the expiration on these tickets are a full calendar year. You would have 5 days main parks and 5 water park days. Also you can get a 4 day pass for Universal for 179$(limit 6). I am doing this with grands, 5 days WDW parks, 1 day water park and 2 days Universal. Royal Pacific has a military discount on rooms and you get front of the line passes for both day you arrive and day you leave plus early entrance on both days. My room cost was 263$ give or take a few dollars.

I know how the tickets work. I have used them several times. Our problem is that we want to be able to go to the main theme parks for 10 full days. We will also be doing water parks but we have to tour the main parks only in the evening hours due to a child who has a heat sensitivity. Because we only spend 2-3 hours in the park each night, we will need 10 nights to do all we want. In order to get that, we would have to buy 2 of those passes for each person, and then 2 extra 5 day park hoppers. That is more expensive by $200 compared to the Stars and Stripes 10 day passes. We are not interested in Universal at all. Have already been there and it's not for our family.

It will work for 3 of you as you can each use 2 of them to cover the 10 days. Then maybe just get the regularly discounted ticket for the other one for the full 10 days.
Think 10 day Stars cheaper but the Salute tickets wouldn't expire till December so if you have a down day or use the water park option you could use for 2 trips.

That works out to $627.50/person. The 10 day Stars and Stripes pass is $491 per person. It also includes water parks too. Its a much better deal than buying all those tickets.

That's more expensive than simply buying 10 day hoppers plus directly from Disney!

Last edited:
Think 10 day Stars cheaper but the Salute tickets wouldn't expire till December so if you have a down day or use the water park option you could use for 2 trips.

We will not come back again this year. This is our one vacation.

Why are you trying so hard to push this option? It does not work for our plans. End of story.

Sorry not trying to push. Just get excited looking at all options. Sorry if I came on to strong. Have a great trip.

I am in the midst of planning my trip this June as well. Just got over zealous sharing my plans in case you could find anything to help. Been planning all day while it snowed outside.

I am in the midst of planning my trip this June as well. Just got over zealous sharing my plans in case you could find anything to help. Been planning all day while it snowed outside.

Hope you have a good trip! We will be going in July over the 4th. Very excited!

So I emailed SOG asking these specific questions and they sent back a canned response with order forms attached. Ugh! I tried calling but got a voicemail.

Since you couldn't get an answer from SOG, perhaps now you could ask Steve over at Military Disney Tips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!