Share you AP rate for Aug-Oct.

Thanks for telling me to call back. I had to call 3 times before I got a CM who could help. I got a lovely lady Melody Lynn who applied the AP rate for my entire trip. $89 for POR!!! :banana:

By the way, I called the compliment line to let them know how helpful & curtious she was.

Thanks again for the info here because otherwise I wouldn't have know about the AP rates!

By the way, I called the compliment line to let them know how helpful & curtious she was.
what phone # is that? i've never heard that there was a phone line. i've always just dropped an email or letter

I was told when I made my ressie that they couldn't give me the AP rate past 10/4. Did you get the rate up thru 10/8?
as long as the check in date is before the last date the code is available, you're good. so if the code expries 10/8, but you check in on 10/7, you'll have the AP rate for your trip.

we got the following discounts:
$234 for 8 nights at the Poly
$89 for 5 nights at POR
$175 for 1 night at Contemp (getting kicked out of our Poly room the night before our WDW wedding).
all are standard views

hAm53,

Hi, When I was talking to the CM I asked her if there was a # or email address & she thanked me & transferred me to a "cm compliment line" (not those exact words).

The first CM i spoke to made me break the ressie in 2 & only gave me the AP rate for 10/1-10/4. She even made me give a second deposit! I had read on here that everyone was getting the full trip AP rate as long as check in day was before 10/4. So I had to call a few more times before I found someone who must have asked her supervisor (she put me on hold a few times) & it worked out...I think it's great that we have this board to confirm what others are doing to get the best rate. :goodvibes

p.s. I am thrilled with the rate for POR, I was hoping for the CR but $174 is alittle too much for us (even though its a great rate!) since we only sleep & shower at the room. We do the parks all day & do not come back for breaks so we took the $89 POR instead..CR..maybe someday..... :rolleyes:

I just booked three rooms at the Carribean Beach for 6 nights... I'm going with a large group... and saved over $800 compared to the rack rate!!! Yippee!!!

We just got AKL for $129 9/15-9/19 - uh this wait is gonna kill me!!! :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: its time to party

I got WL Courtyard View for $185.00 per night for 10/4-10/14.
I was really hoping for standard at $124.00 or so and I called pretty early today and was only able to get Courtyard. So far I have not read about anyone getting a standard view there so I don't feel so bad.
We just got back on Saturday so I am not sure if we are going to keep this or not but gald to get it.

These rates really aren't that great if you don't already own an AP. Beach club AAA rate is $277 with tax...AP rate $250. Then the cost of a PAP is $300 more that 10 MYW prem. I'm actually losing on this deal.

I got AKL Savannah View 9/29 to 10/3 with AP rate. Saving over $300 off my original ressie! Yay! Thanks for posting so quickly so I could get that rate!

Yacht Club 9/28-10/3 - $224/night pre-tax - savings of almost $400 over rack rate. Does it seem to anyone else that the AP discounts are not as deep this year? I think I remember AKL savannah rooms for ~ $169 last year at the same time.

Have you all crunched the numbers with this new package with free dining??

Its a little cheaper for us to pay rack rate for the 7 nights at a moderate, buy a one day ticket and get the free dining then it is for the AP room rate, and meals!

Here is my breakdown:
694.50 at Coronado with 89/night AP rate for 7 nights
630 for food - based on the dining package of 35 per person per night for me and hubby and 10 per child per night for the 2 kids
total of 1324.50

NOW with the MYW with free dining
1046 Rack rate for moderate for 7 nights
231.76for a one day base ticket for everyone
grand total 1277.76.

That is a savings of $50. So I guess it really depends on how much we really want to eat.

Edited:
I forgot to take the DDE discount off, so lets say I take 20% off that 630 for food. That would be 504 for food making our AP section 1198.50 so then it works out for the AP deal to be 79 less then the MYW pacakge.

Tough choice.

mouseRD said:
Yacht Club 9/28-10/3 - $224/night pre-tax - savings of almost $400 over rack rate. Does it seem to anyone else that the AP discounts are not as deep this year? I think I remember AKL savannah rooms for ~ $169 last year at the same time.

You are getting $70 off rack rate. I think (from looking at old spreadsheet files of mine trying to decide if I should buy an AP) that last year was $85 off rack rate for value season. I really miss the old days of a percentage off the rack rate. I got hooked on Poly concierge when I got a room only (NOT AP) discount of 45% off in Oct 2002. I just can't justify the lagoon view this year. Hope DD(6) can deal with garden view! Hey who am I kidding-I hope I can deal with garden view! :teeth:

I got AP rates at POFR for Sept 30th-Oct 8th, (I am staying till the 9th) they said they didnt have a code for that night yet, but to call back when they release new codes for rest of october, so saving over $400. weee! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter