Share your favorite San Diego Hotel

Probably not what most tourists are looking for, but my favorite is the Lafayette in North Park (poolside room).

Probably not what most tourists are looking for, but my favorite is the Lafayette in North Park (poolside room).
I've stayed there. Nice pool, cool history, but I agree, not very tourist friendly, and many of the rooms in the main building are very small. If people think DLR is a somewhat sketchy neighborhood, this will have them running.

My personal favorite is probably the Del, but I usually just stay at the hotel or on the island and I don't do anything in SD at all when staying there. US Grant is nice too, if you're looking to be downtown but not in the center of Gaslamp.

Probably more info about your traveling party, when you're going, what you plan to do would be helpful to get a more targeted answer.

Personally, when I'm traveling with my family, my favorite "hotel" is a condo on Mission Bay.

PHXscuba

My personal favorite is probably the Del, but I usually just stay at the hotel or on the island and I don't do anything in SD at all when staying there. US Grant is nice too, if you're looking to be downtown but not in the center of Gaslamp.
The Del is also our favorite & we also don't go into SD when we stay. We liked the Grand Hyatt near the convention center. Close to the Gaslamp, ferry to Coronado and plenty of restaurants. It is just DH and I , but we have seen plenty of families when we have been there along with business people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!