Sharing at Artist Point.....???

Nanabug02

DIS Veteran
Okay, what's everyone's opinion on this?

My parents are on the DDP in July and will be going to Artist Point. They thought they might do some sharing and only use DDP credits for one of them, and then just order an extra entree and pay out of pocket for that. Of course, they would tip additional appropriately.

Has anyone does this at Artist Point....would it be okay to do this? Will they feel out of place?

Thanks in advance! :wave2:

I think we don't understand what the OP is asking, because I too was thinking that ordering two entrees for two people isn't sharing. :confused3

bicker said:
I think we don't understand what the OP is asking, because I too was thinking that ordering two entrees for two people isn't sharing. :confused3

You could share the appetizer and desert. For some people two appetizers, entrees and desert is a bit much. This way you get one appetizer, two entress and one desert. It actually is an interesting way to eat at a signature place without using 4 credits.

I would think this would be OK and the OP shouldn't have a problem just let them know up front and make sure they give you separate bills.

Yes, that must be it. However, at most restaurants, the Dining Plan is really a good-enough deal to just order an entree (no appetizer or dessert) -- that's how I did my calculations when I determined it was worth it for us: I added everything up assuming we wouldn't order any appetizers or desserts. (It still would save us money.)

Now, that's not true at Artist Point, or any of the 2TS restaurants though. They're actually pretty poor values on the Dining Plan. We figured that we would be better off paying OOP for the 2TS meals (completely) and using our Dining Plan TS credits for other 1TS meals.

bicker said:
Yes, that must be it. However, at most restaurants, the Dining Plan is really a good-enough deal to just order an entree (no appetizer or dessert) -- that's how I did my calculations when I determined it was worth it for us: I added everything up assuming we wouldn't order any appetizers or desserts. (It still would save us money.)

Now, that's not true at Artist Point, or any of the 2TS restaurants though. They're actually pretty poor values on the Dining Plan. We figured that we would be better off paying OOP for the 2TS meals (completely) and using our Dining Plan TS credits for other 1TS meals.

It is a pretty interesting way to use credits at a signature meal though. If you were staying 4 nights and were doing 4 TS meals with one being a signature meal this would probably be the least expensive way to do it. The other option would be to pay OOP for an entire meal somewhere else to have the extra credits for the signature meal. This seems to be a cost efficient way to solve the problem. I wish we had thought about this when we ate at Artist Point. Don't get me wrong we liked the food but really at that point in the trip we could have done without the extra appetizer and desert.

To the OP please post your experience doing this when you get back. Inquiring minds want to know. :thumbsup2

In January of 2005 DH and I dined at Artist Point paying OOP. We split an appetizer of the mushroom soup and shared the berry cobbler for dessert. Each of us ordered an entree. This was absolutely no problem at all. Our soup came out pre-split into two bowls. The cobbler came in one bowl with two spoons.

We had a wonderful meal and were extremely well treated by our waitress.

Hope this helps!

Hi everyone, I'm the OP here....

Sorry to confuse everyone, but ya'll did figure out what I meant, which is to have my parents share the appetizer & dessert from the DDP, and just pay OOP for one extra entree. This would mean they would only use 2 TS credits at Artist Point and only pay about 25 bucks out of pocket for the entree.

I didn't realize other people hadn't been doing this.....I guess I'll go ahead and tell them to try it and we'll see how it goes. I'll let everyone know what their experience is with it when they get back.

Thanks for all the replies! :goodvibes

Is there an underlying assumption that you must order an entree or can just split outright? On a day full of snack credits and counterservice ice cream desserts.... I wouldn't think its crazy to let one person get an entree and diet soda (what we normally get independent of DDP) and the other person get an appet, dessert and glass of wine (what I often do instead of an entree since I never have room to try desserts and appetizers otherwise). As long as you are tipping appropriately, I can't imagine any amount of sharing at a non-buffet being a problem. I'll probably do this at CG, possibly ordering another appetizer OOP and a couple glasses of wine, an additional entree would be too much. At Wolfgang Pucks and Le Cellier we are both planning on doing appet, entree and dessert basically b/c we don't want to save credits, don't want the whole time in restaurants. I'm excited to try these places but its offset by how bad I think it is to eat (try to eat) that much food in one meal. I picture stuffing leftovers in the frig at POFQ and never getting around to eating them. There are worse problems to have but, really, I think spliting makes more sense than actually eating an appet, entree and dessert in one setting. Unless maybe you are UNDERWEIGHT!

If memory serves me right, AP has a meal option where you have a choice between two salads, mushroom soup, choice of several entrees and choice of two desserts. This is a greater "sharer" if someone just orders an entree.

Our last trip, DM and I split a TS meal there. They had no problem with it, and we found it still too much food, by that time in the trip.

We had:

(split portion) Buffalo steak
7f009eba.jpg

Flourless chocolate cake with raspberry sauce
524104a0.jpg

There was also an appetizer of duck leg that they were unable to split but which we shared off 1 plate with no difficulty. I forgot to take a photo because...we ate it too fast. It was really good. :blush:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter