Sheraton Vistana Resort Questions

We received our HOA spring newsletter for the Vistana Resort today, and there were a couple of updates worth noting here.

Copied and pasted from the newsletter:

• Upon check-in to the resort, you will now receive towel cards for each
occupant in your villa. The program lets you exchange your card for a
towel during distribution hours at the Main Activity Center along with the
Fountains, Spas and Cascades pool areas.

• Effective March 1, 2014, there is a new package handling procedure that
includes a small fee for all parcels received. Please call 407 239 3100
for assistance.

I was just coming on to ask about towels. Thanks!

That's a tough one, and I doubt that you'll get an answer here. If no one chimes in, give the resort a call at 407 239 3100 and talk to guest services. They should be able to help you out with your question.
Thank you. I called, and it is the metal cribs with a "3 inch vinyl covered mattress". Now to see if more economical to rent a crib or just buy a mattress at walmart when we fly in and donate it when we leave... I don't mind the frame, but the cheap mattress will make for a cranky baby and a miserable vacation!

Hi all was wondering if anyone has stayed in building 13 and has any pictures they can share... Thanks!:)

Hi all was wondering if anyone has stayed in building 13 and has any pictures they can share... Thanks!:)

We'll need a bit more information. 5 of the 7 sections at Vistana have a building 13. But for lots of recent pics of the resort, check out this thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3148502 The finish in all sections is fairly similar, so most interiors look very similar regardless of section. Most of the building 13's are well situated; Springs 13 fronts on SR-535 but there is enough buffer space that it shouldn't be bothersome.

We'll need a bit more information. 5 of the 7 sections at Vistana have a building 13. But for lots of recent pics of the resort, check out this thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3148502 The finish in all sections is fairly similar, so most interiors look very similar regardless of section. Most of the building 13's are well situated; Springs 13 fronts on SR-535 but there is enough buffer space that it shouldn't be bothersome.

Hi Bankr... I stayed in buillding 1 and 3 in Cascades in May and fell in love with the resort Bought a resale in Cascades building 13 and trying to get and idea of where it is.. Thanks!:)

Hi Bankr... I stayed in buillding 1 and 3 in Cascades in May and fell in love with the resort Bought a resale in Cascades building 13 and trying to get and idea of where it is.. Thanks!:)

Cascades 13 is nicely situated on Springs Village Circle, almost smack in the middle of the South side of the resort. That means low traffic, but easy walking to all the amenities. C13 is a Saturday check in. Check the link in my PP, there is a link to the resort map right near the front.

My SIL and her 2 boys stayed in a 1BR in C13 about 4 years ago now, we were across the street in a Springs 2BR. It was a very nice unit, and well equipped even for the smallest 1BR. I'm sure you'll enjoy "coming home" to Vistana year after year. If you've stayed in a Cascades villa already, the villas in 13 will be pretty much identical.

Can anyone tell me why the Dreams Unlimited codes are showing up higher than what they say they'll be on the website? We would like to stay Oct 13-20 and according to the DU no housekeeping rate it would be $119 and it's showing up $171. Same with the standard rate, supposedly would be $139 and showing up $188.

Can anyone tell me why the Dreams Unlimited codes are showing up higher than what they say they'll be on the website? We would like to stay Oct 13-20 and according to the DU no housekeeping rate it would be $119 and it's showing up $171. Same with the standard rate, supposedly would be $139 and showing up $188.

I tried it myself and I am seeing the same thing you are. My recommendation is to send an email directly to Dreams Unlimited Travel and one of their agents will get back to you right away.
I had to ask a question once, through their Contact Us link and they were very quick to respond.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hi,
I called the Vistana last night to ask about shuttles to WDW and Universal and was told that the cost for shuttles is $15 per day per person to WDW and $9 per day per person to Universal.

Is this accurate??

Are there any other options besides renting a car?

(We do not want to rent a car, both DH and I hate driving and get lost easily. We prefer to have someone else do the driving on vacay.)

Thanks!

Hi,
I called the Vistana last night to ask about shuttles to WDW and Universal and was told that the cost for shuttles is $15 per day per person to WDW and $9 per day per person to Universal.

Is this accurate??

(We do not want to rent a car, both DH and I hate driving and get lost easily. We prefer to have someone else do the driving on vacay.)

Thanks!
Hi, I've seen quite a few postings about people using Uber. Check it out. Seems like a good deal. I haven't used it myself yet, but, sounded interesting and cost effective.

Howdy all, we're arriving May 6th, 0nly 5 days away!! Very excited. I booked through Skyauction at a bargain basement price and wasn't confident that our Diamond Lane request would be honored...BUT, I called today and they verified that we got everything we asked for in the Cascades section. So happy, so relieved!!!

Does the resort offer poolside entertainment, DJ, karaoke, etc on any particular night?

Also, does anyone know of any closures or construction at this time (May 6-13th)?

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Howdy all, we're arriving May 6th, 0nly 5 days away!! Very excited. I booked through Skyauction at a bargain basement price and wasn't confident that our Diamond Lane request would be honored...BUT, I called today and they verified that we got everything we asked for in the Cascades section. So happy, so relieved!!!

Does the resort offer poolside entertainment, DJ, karaoke, etc on any particular night?

Also, does anyone know of any closures or construction at this time (May 6-13th)?

Thanks!!

I know they have karaoke by the Superpool and at the Tiki Bar/Lakes pool on certain nights. If you're in Cascades, you're closer to the Superpool, but you can walk, drive, or take a shuttle to the other side where the tiki bar is. They'll give you a schedule of events when you check-in. I recall one visit there was a DJ at the Cascades pool. They also have some non-pool entertainment, like a Magic Show or something at the restaurant, but we've never done any of that.

Hi,

Is this accurate??

Thanks!
We cabbed to Universal about a year ago because we didn't want to be limited to the shuttle schedule and intended to visit the bars in citywalk after our day in the parks - each trip was about $25, but there was 4 of us so we didn't mind splitting the cost. In my experience, Uber/Lyft is usually cheaper than cabs so we'd probably try that if we went back.

I know they have karaoke by the Superpool and at the Tiki Bar/Lakes pool on certain nights. If you're in Cascades, you're closer to the Superpool, but you can walk, drive, or take a shuttle to the other side where the tiki bar is. They'll give you a schedule of events when you check-in. I recall one visit there was a DJ at the Cascades pool. They also have some non-pool entertainment, like a Magic Show or something at the restaurant, but we've never done any of that.

Thanks. I forgot about the schedule of events that they give you. That will take care of everything :)

Hi,

Is this accurate??

Thanks!

Hi,
We use Lyft or Uber look at the app or go online and use their fare rate to where you want to go from Vistana. We never rent a car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!