Sherry E

TK! Hugs to you, friend. Hope you are well. ❤
You too! I’m a frontline worker so have had a rough go. Sherry’s death hit me like a ton of bricks today. I donated to the go fund me which I never do normally but I’m just so grateful old friends have stepped in to prevent her belongings being trashed and to make sure she’s also treated with dignity.

I love how Sherry's kindness is extending even through this thread and bringing people together, even people who haven't had contact in quite a while. She lives on through that... and that makes me smile.
Tksbaskets, God Bless You and stay safe! Hug, sorry for your extra loss knowing Sherry more personally.
Thank you both. I thought of Bret who used to be such a wonderful contributor to the DIS Holiday Superthread. It has been good to have people reminiscing. Like a DIS wake where we celebrate the joy Sherry brought with her enthusiasm and knack for looking for little details that I would have missed without her showing us through the lens of her camera and the witty posts on DIS.

Hugs to you all.

Thank you both. I thought of Bret who used to be such a wonderful contributor to the DIS Holiday Superthread. It has been good to have people reminiscing. Like a DIS wake where we celebrate the joy Sherry brought with her enthusiasm and knack for looking for little details that I would have missed without her showing us through the lens of her camera and the witty posts on DIS.

Hugs to you all.

I just sent you a PM.

I donated to the go fund me which I never do normally but I’m just so grateful old friends have stepped in to prevent her belongings being trashed and to make sure she’s also treated with dignity.

I searched this thread and find nothing about a gofundme page. Can you please share details? I'll bet there are a lot of us here who would contribute. Thanks.

I searched this thread and find nothing about a gofundme page. Can you please share details? I'll bet there are a lot of us here who would contribute. Thanks.

I just sent you the link in a PM. I didn't know if it was against the rules to post publicly. I think you are right, though. Sherry had many friends here.

I just sent you the link in a PM. I didn't know if it was against the rules to post publicly. I think you are right, though. Sherry had many friends here.

Got it, thanks! I'll make a contribution tomorrow.

To @theluckyrabbit or any mod -- any chance that @deejdigsdis can post the link publically? I also don't know whether it's technically against the rules. But surely the rules can be bent a bit for such a distinguished and loved member like Sherry E. Right?

Got it, thanks! I'll make a contribution tomorrow.

To @theluckyrabbit or any mod -- any chance that @deejdigsdis can post the link publically? I also don't know whether it's technically against the rules. But surely the rules can be bent a bit for such a distinguished and loved member like Sherry E. Right?
I was going to ask if Sherry's obit could be reposted here for those who don't have Facebook.
Just to be on the safe side, rather than bend any rules, anyone who wants more information about Sherry's memorial can contact @deejdigsdis with a PM.

Last edited:

I was going to ask if Sherry's obit could be reposted here for those who don't have Facebook.
Just to be on the safe side, rather than bend any rules, anyone who wants more information about Sherry's memorial can contact @deejdigsdis with a PM.

Sorry, but we can't post details regarding a gofundme page as it's against DIS guidelines.

Hi everyone,

WebmasterDoc shared the following on the Host Board. In addition to losing Sherry E, we found out that we lost Lynne M over the summer.

Another person lost way too soon!

The DIS is planning to take the boards dark in remembrance of Lynne M and Sherry E whom we also lost recently.

The date has not yet been set but all boards will be down for 10 minutes with a notice of the reason why.

@WebmasterMaryJo I just now saw this and I am so sorry to hear about Sherry. I never met her in person but we were also friends on FB and I had messaged her just a week or so before the Diva trip to check on her since I hadn't "seen" her around in awhile. She had written me back at that time.

Very sad to hear this.

Hi everyone,

WebmasterDoc shared the following on the Host Board. In addition to losing Sherry E, we found out that we lost Lynne M over the summer.
I'm glad you shared about Lynne's passing here. She will be missed. Dan Murphy posted in the Community Board about someone who was a moderator a long time ago. She passed away about a month ago. Did you know her? So much sad news lately...

Sad news to pass on here.

This morning, Oldkicker (Bernie), sent me an email informing me that dis'er, Snowwark (Kim), passed away a few weeks ago. :(

Kim was really a great person. Always, always so very pleasant, always kind. She carried herself so well here on the boards. For a time, she was a moderator on the Flower and Garden forum here. I recall her often discussing her flowers, plants and gardening at her home up in Canada. She knew what she was doing, she had that proverbial green thumb. :thumbsup2 (well the little guy there is green, thumb is white)

I recall meeting Kim in person at one of the discon meets at WDW, maybe in 2000 or 2001. Kim was also one of the many 'members' of the morning riddle thread that mostly Oldkicker posted every morning here on the cb. There was a fun, fresh thread every morning, fun to look forward to. Kim also attended the Riddle-con meet in Ohio back in 2003. We all had so much fun there, mixing it up with so many good people from here for 5 days. Great memories of past fun times here on the dis, good memories indeed.

Kim, God speed. It was my pleasure, and that of many here, to have known you.

Kim's Legacy notice......

Sadly I don't come on the Dis much anymore. I used to post here all the time and first joined in 2005 to get info for my 2nd (at that time) Disney World trip. Through this Dis boards I met Sherry as well as found a group that we go on an annual trip every year. That group moved to FB so I sadly don't come here very often anymore. Sherry and I have been friends on here and on FB for YEARS. When I think of her I think of her days with Poison and all the amazing photos and stories she had from those days, her love of Catalina Island and all her birthday trips, her love of Hallmark movies and her being on the Hallmark FB page, her love of all things fall/christmas (esp the specialty foods, we used to have conversations about those things and she was always so excited when they came out because it meant the end of awful summer and the beginning of her fave seasons) and of course her love of Disney. She also was a big Walking Dead and Breaking Bad fan and knew both of those shows like clockwork and we had many discussions about those. I had pm'd her back in May when I hadn't seen her post for awhile and she responded at that time and then like always with Corona and life I got busy but I just pm'd her the other day and got no response. That is when I inquired (today) and found this out. I was afraid something was wrong because she was always very good at responding but not going to lie this really took me aback. I am so very sad. I will miss her terribly and I hope that she is resting in peace and enjoying Walt in Heaven.

Hug to you Kelly. Thank you for being such a good friend to Sherry and sharing with us all. I sincerely would love, one day long post pandemic, for a bunch of us to arrange a DL meet, would love for you to join in. As I've said before I never knew Sherry in person just through the Dis and our PM's. She and I at one time anyway did live near one another and had talked about meeting several times along with possibly going to DL together. Sadly neither did happen. I do believe she will be smiling down from Heaven should we do get to all meet one day together :)

Hug to you Kelly. Thank you for being such a good friend to Sherry and sharing with us all. I sincerely would love, one day long post pandemic, for a bunch of us to arrange a DL meet, would love for you to join in. As I've said before I never knew Sherry in person just through the Dis and our PM's. She and I at one time anyway did live near one another and had talked about meeting several times along with possibly going to DL together. Sadly neither did happen. I do believe she will be smiling down from Heaven should we do get to all meet one day together :)

I would love that and as long as I am able I will do my best to come. Like you I feel so bad that we never actually met and even beyond Disney we chatted so much about just other things in life that we had in common. We were the same age and had a lot of the same interests. She will be deeply missed!!

Hi everyone,

WebmasterDoc said:
Another person lost way too soon!

The DIS is planning to take the boards dark in remembrance of Lynne M and Sherry E whom we also lost recently.

The date has not yet been set but all boards will be down for 10 minutes with a notice of the reason why.

Did the announced time of remembrance already happen? I don't remember seeing anything about it and would be sad to have missed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!