Shipping from the parks???

Shelby5514

<font color=87005b>John Taylor is my guilty pleasu
When we were at Epcot last year we purchased a large blanket from Mexico so we wouldn't freeze while waiting for Illuminations.
Now that our friends have seen it they all want one. But since we are flying we can't (don't want to) lug them back on the plane.
We are going to see relatives in Jacksonville for a few days so we could ship them ourselves but I don't want to carry them. We're buying 3 of them and they will be quite heavy to tote around, I don't even think I could carry 3 of them back on the bus to the hotel. And since we are going to Epcot on our last day we can't have them sent back to our hotel.

SO... Does anyone know about shipping items home from the parks??? Any idea on cost??? Would it be a flat rate based on amt. spent???

I know if we try to ship them ourselves from a "Mailboxes" place they will charge for the box, packaging & shiping. I estimate around $30.00-$40.00 at least. And the blanket alone is only $30.00. One of the BEST bargains around the world.
In case anyone is interested its 90x75in. made of acrylic., very heavy, you'd think it was wool. VERY warm.

Thanks for any info!

Shelby5514:Pinkbounc

I ship things home from Disney all of the time. This past December, I shipped over $200 worth of Christmas ornaments from Downtown Disney. In order to guarantee that I would receive them prior to Christmas, I had to ship them via FedEx 2nd Day Air. It cost about $25 to ship those items. If you aren't in a hurry to receive them, you can ship them ground for less money.

You should definitely have Disney ship them for you. If something happens to them, Disney is very good about replacing items. Obviously blankets won't break, but in the past, I've had ornaments break in shipping, and Disney has replaced them, no questions asked. I didn't even have to send them the broken ornaments.

Hope this helps.

Karen

We had gotten a x-mas tree from disney florist and had it shipped back to us by guest services at our resort. I think UPS ground cost about 13.00.

Is shipping from the parks a good idea now that the TSA recomends not locking your checked luggage? I'd hate to buy hundreds of dollars worth of souveniers only to have them lost or stolen because my luggage was unlocked. Does anyone highly recommend shipping items from the parks instead of packing them in your luggage?

I definitely recommend shipping things home from the park. I try to do the bulk of my souvenir shopping at one store in Downtown Disney, and then have it shipped from there. When I make small purchases here and there in the parks, I just pack those ones in my suitcase or carry on (on my most recent trip, I just packed a whole bunch of purchases in one of those huge shopping bags they sell at Disney and carried it on the plane).

And you should always ship fragile things home. Disney is very good about replacing things that break when they are shipped.

Also, they will ship things home from the hotel, but I found it to be more expensive then shipping from the park, and I didn't get an itemized packing slip as you do when you ship from the stores.

Karen

Thanks Karen! That sounds like they way we'll go when we are there in May. I just wouldn't feel comfortable packing expensive purchases knowing my bags may be opened without my supervision.

Originally posted by CrzyforPiglet
We had gotten a x-mas tree from disney florist and had it shipped back to us by guest services at our resort. I think UPS ground cost about 13.00.

We did this just this last Christmas. It cost $17 for UPS ground. I'm pretty unhappy at the moment though. The box arrived yesterday and was crushed in badly on the sides. Several of the ornaments were broken and the tree was badly mis-shapened and bent. I had it shipped from the resort and was told they would "prepare" it for shipping. Their preparation for shipping consisted of taping the box shut and putting my address on it. No protection of any kind.

My question is, do I contact UPS over this, or Disney? I have a feeling UPS is going to tell me it wasn't packed properly, and it wasn't.

Peachgirl - I would contact the resort first. We received our tree also just taped shut in the box with our address slapped on the outside but the box was still in it's original condition so nothing was damaged during the process. I would have thought the resort would have at least stuffed some old newspapers down the sides of the box to keep it from banging around but maybe my expecations are too high. Start with the resort and see how far you can get.

Good luck!

Do you have to be a guest at one of the resorts to take advantage of the shipping from one of the parks? I will be staying offsite and the thought of shipping some of the stuff is attractive.

Disvis,

You do not have to be staying at a Disney resort to ship things home. When you make your purchase, just tell them you want to ship it home, and they will do it. They will box and wrap breakable items, and package it all for you. They will also give you an itemized receipt so you know what is in your package and make sure that everything is there when it arrives.

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter