Shirts for tie dying?

Tigpooh

Disney Fanatic!
im having issues finding good, 100% cotton T-shirts this time of year. I can find long sleeve or blends, but really want 100% and must be short sleeve. Found some at hobby lobby, but they seem very thin for some reason. Can anyone point me toward some good shirts that will work(without being a crazy price) Need to find some for xxl,xl and 9,7, and 20 mo old...so a variety of sizes. Walmart seems to have replaced all theirs with long sleeve...

I LOVE Hanes "Beefy Ts." They are nice & thick. I can't stand T-shirts so thin you can see the bra underneath them.

Also, Kmart's own brand of white t-shirts, their "basic Editions are nice & thick, 100% cotton t-shirts are great. When they went on sale for $3, I bought 10 of them to have as white t-shirts are a staple in my wardrobe to wear under blazers for work. You can read the reviews that people have used them to embellish or tie-dye. :thumbsup2

http://www.kmart.com/basic-editions-women-s-v-neck-t-shirt/p-027VA79274512P?selectedFilters=Color|White^Fit|Women's^Style|T-shirts&prdNo=11&blockNo=11&blockType=G11

If you look at the picture, click on the white color, then click to enlarge the photo, the model's darker blue jeans do not really show through under her t-shirt. That's how thick the t-shirts are. :thumbsup2

Last edited:
Jiffy tee shirts online have a wonderful selection. I use them because their prices are very competitive and colors can be matched in both adult and children's sizes. They ship pretty fast too.

Michael's Crafts have a large selection of Gildan white cotton t-shirts for dying. A week or so ago they had them on sale. Watch for another sale or print a discount coupon from their site.

Michael's Crafts have a large selection of Gildan white cotton t-shirts for dying. A week or so ago they had them on sale. Watch for another sale or print a discount coupon from their site.

Michaels just had these t-shirts on sale 50% off and with DD's 30% off I got a bunch of shirts for $1.40. I will tie dye a few and bleach dye a few. I got a lime green one and will try to make it a lime Mickey head shirt.

im having issues finding good, 100% cotton T-shirts this time of year. I can find long sleeve or blends, but really want 100% and must be short sleeve. Found some at hobby lobby, but they seem very thin for some reason. Can anyone point me toward some good shirts that will work(without being a crazy price) Need to find some for xxl,xl and 9,7, and 20 mo old...so a variety of sizes. Walmart seems to have replaced all theirs with long sleeve...

The Walmart shirts you used to buy were probably Gildan right? I normally buy my Gildan and Fruit of the Loom blank white T-shirts from http://www.leadoutfit.com/.

They have excellent pricing at around $2 a shirt and sell to individuals. I normally order a dozen at a time for the bulk discount.

I found mine at kohls and old navy.

Yes, you have to be careful and read the label, but I liked trying on the shirts prior to tie-dying so I would know how they fit. And then everyone in the family could get the cut and neckline that they wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!