shopping mall

DawnAK

Mouseketeer
We are planning on taking one day away from the parks and thought we'd spend part of the day shopping in a mall. Which mall would be closest to WDW, we are not planning on renting a car so would taxi be possible? It doesn't have to be a discount mall. Here in Fairbanks, we are starved for "real" shopping malls so anything with department stores would be a treat! :-) Thanks, Dawn

Dawn,
I can't help with the mall. But would you mind putting together a list of great things to do in Alaska? My husband really wants to vacation there but I think the kids are too young (7 and 4 1/2).

If you don't mind putting it in the community board page it would be great.

Thanks

I'm going to move this over to our Orlando board to see if you can't get an answer to your question.

Josierac- How embarassing! I have lived here all of my life and I can't think of what to tell you. I know of some things in the Fairbanks area but since I live here, I don't do a lot of tourist type of stuff. Some things that I have done and enjoyed in and around Fairbanks: About a 15 minute drive out of town is the small town of North Pole. And we all know who lives in North Pole right? The man himself, Santa! They have a kinda fun store out there called the Santa Claus House. Mostly a tourist store but I think that Santa is there year round for the kids and there are real reindeer outside to look at. What kid wouldn't like to see Santa in the middle of June? :) I have also panned for gold, I think they guarantee that you find a little something in your gold pan. Even the kids could do this with some practice and a little assitance. BTW, you keep whatever you get in your gold pan (not a lot but you can see it). I have also traveled up the Chena River on the River Boat Discovery. This is a neat boat ride and you get off a couple of times if I remember right. Very nicely done and we really enjoyed it. Lasts a couple hours, I think the kids would be interested (not terribly bored). About a hour drive out of town in Chena Hot Springs. There is an indoor pool and outdoor hot tub (which is really neat when its cold outside) and you can go on hikes and there are different activties too. Maybe horse back riding. I haven't been there in a couple of years. It is kinda smelly there because of the sulfur in the water (smells like rotten eggs). That is all I can think of right off hand. I can tell you this: If you come in the summer, it is absolutely beautiful here. It is daylight all day long. It doesn't get much warmer than 80 and we don't have much rain. If you come in the winter, the sun sets much too early and its way too cold much of the time but if by chance you get to see the Northern Lights, its all worth it! If you are still interested on visiting our state or if you have any questions please let me know. Hope this helps a little bit. Dawn Also you can go to www.explorefairbanks.com

There is Beltz outlet mall, and mears do a bus service to it (it only ran on sunday's when i was there in Sept)

If you want a retail mall, the Florida Mall is the closest one and it would be quite pricey by taxi. There is also the Belz outlet mall that someone mentioned which again would cost quite a bit by taxi.

Closer to Disney is the Orlando Premium Outlet Mall that opened last year. It is only about 5-10 minutes (on Vineland Ave) away from Disney so it shouldn't cost too much by taxi or the Lake Buena Vista Outlet Mall on 535. The Premium is more upscale and newer.

You can see a list of the outlet malls in the area on this link.

http://www.theotherorlando.com/contents/chapters/20/malls.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter