Shopping Trip to Buffalo

cabmom

DIS Cast Member<br><font color="blue">The Tag Fair
Hi, I just litteraly got home from my shopping trip. There was plenty of deals to be had at K-Mart and Target. I even went in to TOPS grocery store and signed up for a Bonus card. You could get 5 cases of Pepsi products for $10 US. We had no problems going over or coming back.
We drove back on the Rainbow Bridge and drove along the falls for a bit, I've never seen so many tourist there before. It was packed. We drove back thru Niagara on the Lake, had to stop and get some Maple Leaf Fudge. We only stayed long enough to park and go into the store, the traffic and people were very busy!
We stayed at the Days Inn Riverview(NY). It was $49.99, which included breakfast. The only thing I could say bad about this place is that it could use better maids. It served it's purpous. We even had dinner at the Olive garden last night, which I love!
It took me 2 hours to get from Aurora to Walden Galleria.
Just thought I would let everyone in on my great shopping trip!
Marilynn:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Marilyn - I love taking a quick trip to NIagara Falls outlet area and doing Target etc. Were the malls crowded with Canadians? Do tell, what were the bargains you found at Target & Kmart? Glad you had a good time and border crossings were easy!

How was the Disney store at walden galleria, any good deals. We are heading down next weekend and I am looking forward to some shopping.

Did you make it to the Prime Outlets? How was the stock at the Character Warehouse?

TIA

Scratch
:smooth:

I've never been to the Walden Galleria Mall, and I'm curious to know how easy it is to get there (also how long it takes), once you cross the border. I have their website bookmarked, but their map is teeny-tiny. I noticed they have a Bath & Body Works, and Yankee Candle store...hmmm....may have to take a trip down there one of these days. :)

That CAA used to have but no longer carry. Walden Galleria is a very easy mall to get to especially via Fort Erie.

Kim, next meet I will make copies for everybody who is interested. It shows all malls along the way!LOL

Scratch
:smooth:

Sorry for the delay. I didn't go into the Walden Galleria, I had my husbands 80 yr old grandmother with me and my 7 yr old son. Grandma hasn't been to Buffalo in 50 yrs, so we did dinner across the road from the mall, then did K-mart Monday night. By the time we got to the hotel it was 9:30pm. On Tues, I did not do the Prime Outlets either as Grandma was too tired and 7 yr old was whinny! We did TOPS, Target, K-mart and Payless, then crossed back over.
I'm definitely going to go over more often. I asked the guy at the toll booth how to get to Walden Galleria, as I got lost once before. If you go over the Lewiston Bridge, you take the 190 to 290 east to 90 west, you'll see signs for the Buffalo airport as well as for Walden Ave. You take the west exit, I think it's exit 21A.
The stores I went into were not crowded at all. At 10am when I drove by the Prime outlets it was not busy, by noon it was packed. The price of gas is $1.44 to $1.47 a gallon.
Hope this helps. Next time, I'll go with someone closer to my age, that can help with driving and I can actually have a closer look at things then have my ds bug me to buy him every HULK thing he sees.:rolleyes:

Sounds like a plan, Janet, thank you! :smooth:

I hope you manage to take a more "relaxing" shopping trip soon, Marilyn. :) Thank you for the directions!

Kim :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter