Short Disney Trip

hdrolfe

DIS Veteran
Well tomorrow we check out of Yacht Club. It has been fun but I am looking forward to the (non Disney) cruise portion of our trip.

Yacht Club is lovely, the room is much bigger than at the values but since we really only swam 20 minutes it wasn't super worth it. Probably could have stayed at Caribbean Beach for the skyliner.

The Christmas party was fun, but we got there at 4, long line to get in, and we did some of the rides we wanted right off the bat. There only seemed to be ginger cookies so kiddo wasn't happy about that. We enjoyed Space with the overlay, and did get one ride on Tron. But we left at 10pm. So not sure that was really worth it. The Jingle Cruise was fun we did big thunder a couple times walk on, even 7 dwarves had a shorter line.

Today we had a late start, went to Hollywood Studios and it was busier than any other time I have been. I ended up purchasing genie+ but we missed slinky dog because I waited. We rode star tours twice and even that was a 20 minute wait. We went back after dinner to ride ToT and manged to squeeze in RnR right before close, we rode it earlier with genie+ as well.

Over all, kiddo says no more Disney. He wants to try Universal but thinks a week there will be too long so I am not sure what we will do in March. I am not sure I want to do SeaWorld, it may sound like I like coasters but they are Disney coasters.

Tomorrow we check out and Uber to the Port, I hope that goes well. We ubered to the hotel after our very long travel day Wednesday and it was more than I expected but I believe I got an XL instead of a regular.
1702695987089.png
1702696023790.png
1702696060162.png

Glad you are sort of enjoying your vacation.
Have a great cruise.
1702695987089.png
I really love this photo. It looks like a glass Christmas ornament.

That was in the park, I didn't know they did holiday projections on the Tower and it looked very pretty.

Over all, kiddo says no more Disney.
Nooo!!! Say it isn't so. Fortunately, I have brainwashed the kids and I think there will never be a time for them when they say no more Disney. For us, the EPCOT area resorts are more for location than the pool. We have stayed at Beach Club a couple times but have yet to use Stormalong Bay.

Nooo!!! Say it isn't so. Fortunately, I have brainwashed the kids and I think there will never be a time for them when they say no more Disney. For us, the EPCOT area resorts are more for location than the pool. We have stayed at Beach Club a couple times but have yet to use Stormalong Bay.
Apparently at 14, disney is boring. I guess we have been too many times over the last 9 years. I think he will agree to return in a couple years. Or if there is a new ride or land or something. We do enjoy Tron and Guardians, which we didn't get to do this trip. He is more about coasters, I am not so much.

The location has been good for HS but I feel like we should have gone to Epcot while we were here.

What a great way to start off a cruise with a pre Disney trip. Every time I look at the big Christmas tree you posted I think how much fun our cats would have up in here,, lol
Yeah kids grow and there interests change. I think he will love Universal studios.
Then in a couple of years he'll ask to go back to Disney for a visit.
Enjoy every minute Hon.

Hugs Mel

Have you been to DL? That’s about the age we went there instead, it’s different enough and there’s so many things to do in the area. Montreal has direct flights 😉

Well tomorrow we check out of Yacht Club. It has been fun but I am looking forward to the (non Disney) cruise portion of our trip.

Yacht Club is lovely, the room is much bigger than at the values but since we really only swam 20 minutes it wasn't super worth it. Probably could have stayed at Caribbean Beach for the skyliner.

The Christmas party was fun, but we got there at 4, long line to get in, and we did some of the rides we wanted right off the bat. There only seemed to be ginger cookies so kiddo wasn't happy about that. We enjoyed Space with the overlay, and did get one ride on Tron. But we left at 10pm. So not sure that was really worth it. The Jingle Cruise was fun we did big thunder a couple times walk on, even 7 dwarves had a shorter line.

Today we had a late start, went to Hollywood Studios and it was busier than any other time I have been. I ended up purchasing genie+ but we missed slinky dog because I waited. We rode star tours twice and even that was a 20 minute wait. We went back after dinner to ride ToT and manged to squeeze in RnR right before close, we rode it earlier with genie+ as well.

Over all, kiddo says no more Disney. He wants to try Universal but thinks a week there will be too long so I am not sure what we will do in March. I am not sure I want to do SeaWorld, it may sound like I like coasters but they are Disney coasters.

Tomorrow we check out and Uber to the Port, I hope that goes well. We ubered to the hotel after our very long travel day Wednesday and it was more than I expected but I believe I got an XL instead of a regular.
View attachment 817993
View attachment 817994
View attachment 817995

Apparently at 14, disney is boring. I guess we have been too many times over the last 9 years. I think he will agree to return in a couple years. Or if there is a new ride or land or something. We do enjoy Tron and Guardians, which we didn't get to do this trip. He is more about coasters, I am not so much.

The location has been good for HS but I feel like we should have gone to Epcot while we were here.
Great for EPCOT for sure. We'll often just pop in for a bite to eat, and fireworks at night of course.

Have a great cruise!

Rough seas since we left Port Canaveral. Kiddo was sick the first night but ok since. It had meant the ropes course, Bolt roller coaster and other outdoor activities are not happening so kiddo is bored. Tomorrow we will be in San Juan so at least we will have an excursion there, beach day! And the weather has warmed up considerably today. I was able to sit on the balcony for awhile.

We had a big thunder storm last night, quite intense when you are on the ocean with nothing around.

Hopefully things smooth out even more and we are able to enjoy the ship more. Otherwise this was an expensive way for kiddo to watch YouTube in his room.

The food has been good, to me any way. And though it is crowded it is manageable. The longest wait seems to be for pizza. People line up, they make like 20 and serve everyone. Then it repeats. If you get there at the right time it works out well, otherwise it can be a bit of a wait.

Even taking the stairs quite a bit, it's a lot less steps per day than at Disney.

Last port of the trip was Grand Turk. Super fun excursion driving a dunebuggy. A few scary moments on some big hills but we made it! Even the teen agrees it was fun (but he never wants to go on another trip). We rode the Bolt rollercoaster after we got back on the ship, that is way high up there but also fun. Tomorrow is the last sea day. Hoping for some smoother seas so we can enjoy things on deck.
1703208908968.png

I do miss my pets so am happy to be heading home soon. And just in time for Christmas so it worked out well. Not looking forward to the cold again.

Now to see if kiddo will still agree to go in March to Universal since the flights are already booked.

Glad you had a few nice weather days for your cruise. We've never been on one - dh is adamant he never wants to go on one and will send me links to cruise ship stories and say see, this is why I wouldn't want to be stuck at sea! Covid certainly didn't sell him on the possibility of doing a cruise one day! LOL
Is there a relative or friend you might be able to plan any future travels with? I find that's they age where they realize we are boring... doesn't matter what we plan. lmao (They do come back around and realize we are actually pretty awesome...).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter