Shorter walk - HoJo or Candy Cane?

Disneylovers

DIS Veteran
Well, it's looking more and more like we'll be making our first trip to DL this July (and proving to our younger DD that planes DO fly to places other than Florida!!!!). I have been reading everyone's opinions about the different hotels nearby, and have narrowed our choice to two, HoJo or Candy Cane Inn. So my question is, which one has the shorter walk to DL? My younger DD is disabled, so walking is slow going with her (but she is a trooper, she handles WDW without any trouble, just at a snail's pace, so I know she can handle the walk here too!). I've printed off the aerial pic from beachcalifornia.com, but CCI isn't listed, so I'm having a little trouble visualizing. And which one is closer to McDonald's? (DD's favorite place?). I hope to make our ressies tomorrow (then it will be real!). Thank you all for your help. :wave2:

Sorry, don't know about Candy Cane, but HoJo was a 10 minute walk for our able bodied family.

That walk took us right past the McDonald's which was probably about 3-4 mins from HoJo, so that would definietly be closer than the Candy Cane.

I would say Candy Cane is a shorter walk, as it is on the same side of the street as DLR. Mickey D's is right accross the street from the resort OR right in DCA as Burger Invasion.

If you go into the Official Disneyland site and click on Resorts, then click on Good Neigbors, then click on Moderates it will bring up the list of hotels that include CCI. There is a link that opens a map and then on the map is a link that shows where all the hotels are situated in comparison to the park. CCI is very close.

I believe they are within feet of each other walking wise. Somewhere I saw a list of the hotels there and they listed them off by walking distances and I'm sure that those two were next to each other...

-em

Thanks Zakerdog for the info (silly me, didn't think to look at the official site, just came right here!!!). And thanks to all who responded. We have our reservations!!!!! :cheer2: DH decided the idea of the Candy Cane Inn was just too cool (he also digs Bliz Beach), so that's where we're staying! So, plane tix, car rental, and hotel are set. Now I just have to get the park tix! IT's really happening!!! :Pinkbounc Thanks everyone. I'll have more questions as the time gets closer (July 25-30th).
Pat :wave:

Great choice! :) The Candy Cane Inn is our favorite and we won't stay anywhere else!! The grounds are beautiful and they have a decent continental breakfast too. And the staff is very nice. :) And the walk is not bad at all, like someone said it's on the same side of the street, I'd say not more than 10 minutes. I think you'll really enjoy your stay. Let me know if you want to know anything specific about the CCI. We've stayed there quite a few times! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter