? Should I continue to Wait ?

muskokagirl

Designated WDW Planner
Hi all ! I am planning my second family trip to Disney (last time in 2002). The first time I rented points for the BWV and could not have gone and smoother and we had a wonderful time.

At the end of August I had used the DVC Rental forum to ask to rent points for BCV Jan 8 - 13th. I was delighted to have a few responses but one email stated that a reservation had been confirmed. We emailed back and forth a couple of times and I had sent my reservation information. I have tried to reconnect to make sure all is ok but have had no response. This was a month ago with no answer and the confirmation has not arrived either.

I understand that the BCV is booked during this time now and although I am willing to try one of the other DVC properties I hesitate if someone has already gone through the trouble of doing so and for some reason out of her control can not get back to me. Time is ticking away and other plans need to be made. Any advice?

Not sure what to do.

Carole

If it were me, I'd move on now - I assume no money has changed hands. I'd make a back up cash reservation as soon as I could - believe part of the time you are interested in is marathon weekend. It may be tough to get a reservation at all if you wait much longer.

You could also try sending the person you were emailing a PM, but it sounds to me like that owner is no longer interested or able to work with you.

Once you have a back up ressie, if you still want to rent, try posting your request again on the Rent/Trade Forum. You can always cancel your room only cash reservation if you work out a DVC rental.

Good luck -

You may be able to call member services, tell the the dates, resort, member name, and that the reservations were made in your name - they have been historically able to confirm for non-members that way before. That should be enough info for them to tell you whether it's there or not. If it's already been over a month - I'd be getting concerned as well... Good luck -

I called DVC Reservations to see if they had a reservation in my name and they did indeed !!! :cheer2:

I hesitated to call them (before taking the advice of AFMom) because I didn't have a confirmation number nor the last name of DVC member, I therefore didn't think they could help me. I am so happy.

Something must have delayed the confirmation and her ability to email me, I think that I am ok. Thank you CarolMN and AFMom I am feeling lots better now !! :cloud9:

Carole

One possible scenario is that the person you rented from was in part of the area that was hit by Katrina or Rita? I hope not, but if that were the case it might explain why there has been no response since they booked the ressie in your name.

You could be right Vascubaguy, it could have been the case. Oh I hope that all is well and that all are safe. I will continue to be patient and hope that all goes well. Thank you for your replies and good wishes.

Carole

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter