Should I keep my reservation for June?

Status
Not open for further replies.

musicmom3331

Mouseketeer
I booked a trip for my family and me for the 2nd week of June. It's a retirement celebration. Should I keep it? So conflicted!

I have the same week booked and I'm keeping it for now. I have another reservation in July just in case.

I booked a trip for my family and me for the 2nd week of June. It's a retirement celebration. Should I keep it? So conflicted!

Where are you staying? If you are staying onsite at a WDW resort, I would seriously consider canceling your room-only reservation and booking a WDW package with tickets so you have a more flexible cancellation policy with the tickets bundled with your room.

I would keep it for now. Nobody knows anything about what's going to happen and when. The worst thing you could do is cancel now and regret it later. I'd wait until May 1st before deciding. We'll probably know a lot more by then.
Agreed, I think you still have time to decide. I mean, at this point, there is no knowing how long this will last and you can cancel closer to before you were supposed to leave.

Thanks. If I want to get fastpasses, I need to purchase my park tickets by 4/10. I only have the rooms reserved right now. I'm retiring from teaching. With the school closures, this is such an odd way to end my career.
This made me laugh :)

I just started teaching this year and I have been sitting here thinking, "Wow, what a great way to start my career!"

I just saw on Facebook that CBS Miami posted that Disney World is closed through June 30th. Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks. If I want to get fastpasses, I need to purchase my park tickets by 4/10. I only have the rooms reserved right now. I'm retiring from teaching. With the school closures, this is such an odd way to end my career.
Ahh I'm sorry its happening this way! It will definitely be a memory, that's for sure. I'll echo PPs and agree to hold off for now. Even if you still aren't certain enough by 4/10 to purchase your tickets, we have had good luck with getting FPs even after the 60 day mark. I think the 30 day mark is more crucial, but this year, with everything going on, it might not even matter.

I just saw on Facebook that CBS Miami posted that Disney World is closed through June 30th. Has anyone else seen this?
They are refunding trips booked through June 30th, for those who want to cancel. But that does NOT mean they are closed through June 30th. Nothing beyond 3/31 has been announced, although Universal has announced they will close through April 19th. If/when Disney extends their closure, I would expect it to go week by week or two week increments. They won't want to be closed longer than they have to be.

We rescheduled our trip that was supposed to happen this week for the second week in June. I am a teacher too and that is the first time that we could go. I am not cancelling anything until I need to this time either. I didn’t reschedule our original trip until after the closure announcement and we had no problems. We do have the package though, so room and tickets just transferred over to the new dates. It was painful to lose all those adrs and fast passes I worked so hard to get but luckily our new fast pass window hasn’t opened yet so I can work on those. The adrs have been harder to get but I keep working on it. This was supposed to be my twin daughters senior trip. If it doesn’t happen in June then we will just have to cancel. I agree that if Disney World is still closed in June we will all be in trouble.

I would wait until closer to the time to make your decision. We are scheduled to go Memorial Day weekend and we will go if it is open. As a backup, I've booked a trip for November.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter