Should I rent a car from SFB?

vossjemi

I LUV 2 Travel!!!
We fly into SFB and are staying at Pop Century. I’m trying to decide if we should rent a car and drive to the parks to avoid bus and skyliner lines and potential exposure or if we should get an Uber, Lyft, or mears , or other transport to Pop and back to SFB and just rely on Disney transport to parks and adr’s. What would you do?

We do have an early morning ADR at Kona before our MK day and Narcoose’s after MK so it might be hard to get everywhere we want on time without having to show up 2 hours early for a transport. We also want to go the springs a couple times and we have adr at Whispering Canyon one morning before a trail ride. I am aware there is a $15/day parking fee but another thing is I’m not sure I like being at the mercy of others to get me where I need to go on time. I like to be in control. Makes me less nervous.

On the flip side, I also am nervous driving in unfamiliar territory. And I’d have to constantly move the car if I can’t park anywhere for very long. Like I couldn’t leave my car at Kona while we go to MK, dinner at GF, then back to Kona for drive back to Pop. And I hear the springs has limited parking. And I couldn’t leave car at Wilderness Lodge and just ride ferry over to FW for trailride.

All that said, would you just go the extra expense or not? Any other ideas?

Last edited:
It sounds like a rental car is a good option for you if you don't want to deal with Disney transportation. As far as your reservation at Kona, you can actually park at the TTC (MK parking) and walk over to the Polynesian.

You will probably be less anxious getting back to the airport, if not MCO, if you rent a car.

Plus, you can put your luggage in the car on your last day and leave for the airport directly from a park. (Not applicable if you go home in the morning.)

Thanks. Good tip! Haven’t been to DW in 9 years so don’t remember a lot of stuff.

It sounds like a rental car is a good option for you if you don't want to deal with Disney transportation. As far as your reservation at Kona, you can actually park at the TTC (MK parking) and walk over to the Polynesian.
Ok, so if I drive to TTC and park my car, walk over to Kona for breakfast, then what? How do I get to Magic Kingdom? Do I go back to TTC? Boats aren’t running right? And when I’m ready to leave MK, what is the best way to get to Grand Floridian for dinner? Can I leave my car at TTC during all of that? If so, what is best way to get back to TTC after dinner? TIA

Ok, so if I drive to TTC and park my car, walk over to Kona for breakfast, then what? How do I get to Magic Kingdom? Do I go back to TTC? Boats aren’t running right? And when I’m ready to leave MK, what is the best way to get to Grand Floridian for dinner? Can I leave my car at TTC during all of that? If so, what is best way to get back to TTC after dinner? TIA
When are you going? The Polynesian monorail station will not be closing until November now. Supposedly the boats are running, but on a limited schedule. They’ll be running buses over to MK, though, when the monorail isn’t running.
For your reservation at Narcoossee’s, you would be able to park at the Grand Floridian. I would recommend moving your car there from the TTC.

Not the best solution but as far as dinner at GF and car parked at TTC, there is a walkway between GF and Poly and then a walk from Poly to TTC so that is doable. Like I said not best solution but it is there. Frankly, we drive to WDW and park the car when we get there and never get in it again. This was pre-Covid though but we really prefer to rely on Disney transportation just because we like to indulge in a refreshing adult beverage and don't want to drive after that. On the few occasions we have had a late dinner at a resort not our own, we use Uber.

When are you going? The Polynesian monorail station will not be closing until November now. Supposedly the boats are running, but on a limited schedule. They’ll be running buses over to MK, though, when the monorail isn’t running.
For your reservation at Narcoossee’s, you would be able to park at the Grand Floridian. I would recommend moving your car there from the TTC.
Halloween so it’ll probably be a madhouse. I’m just not familiar with all the possible modes of transportation and what is actually running and from where. The maps and routes are a little overwhelming and confusing.

Screenshot (3667).png

Good article to check out on Disney Tourist Blog. Highly recommend using rental car due to slow bus service all around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter