• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Should I switch any of my ADR's??

mkovalm

Disney on my days off!!
This is my list of ADR's for my trip in August. I got most everything I want, but have a few questions about some of the restaurants I've booked. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Sunday August 22nd: Mama Melrose's Fantasmic! Dinner Package

23rd: Crystal Palace Dinner

24th: Teppan Edo

25th: Boma's

26th:: Ohana's

27th: Whispering Canyon Cafe

28th: Chef's De France

I like the lineup I booked, but I was reading about San Angel Inn, Garden Grill and Biergarten. They all sound sooo good, and I think the experience for the kids at these 3 places might be greater than at, say, Chef's de France or Teppan Edo. Are there any ADR's you'd reccommend changing here??

I'd get rid of Mama Melrose's too, but I really want it for the Fantasmic package!

Your ADRs look fine but if you're anything like most of us...you will end up switching something. :rotfl:
I wanted to eat at so many places that I upgraded to the DxDP! And still don't have room for everywhere I want to eat.

thanks! I think I will probably change Chefs de France for something that the kids may enjoy a bit more, as much as I wanted to eat there! and maybe Teppan too??:confused3

I would keep Teppan Edo because it is good & the chefs are very entertaining - we all liked it including our 4 yr old last year (we've got our adr for this year :thumbsup2). I would only drop it if you've been to hibachi restaurants a fair amount of times because then it might not be such a novel experience.

I haven't been to Chefs de France before but if you were going to replace it with one of the 3 places you mentioned I would go with Garden Grill. I think your kids would enjoy that one the most because of the characters.

August 28 is a Saturday. If you've booked Chefs de France for lunch, there's a chance for a Remy visit. That's not like a regular character meal though - Remy is rat-size, not a human-size costume character, and visits each table only briefly.

We were very disappointed with Chefs last year, and there definitely was nothing to entertain the kids either. That might be a good one to trade.

I personally think Whipering CAnyon is bad all around- bad service, bad noise level, stupid jokes and mediocre food. But others rave!

All your other selections look great, I wouldn't change them!

I like your choices - and definitely keep the Fantasmic package - we had a nightmare experience last summer without it. We ate at a lot of the same places you've chosen and loved them all. Boma was the most unique and it takes a little while to get to using Disney transportation, but we went early and loved looking around the lodge and watching animals outside while waiting for our table.

My kids actually thought Whispering Canyon was hilarious - we went for breakfast and the food was mediocre but the boat ride over there and the entertainment made it worth it (plus my growing boys could eat as much as they wanted).

I agree with JoPa on Teppan Edo - we really enjoyed it, but it wasn't too different from any other hibachi-type restaurant. We were also a party of four and the tables hold 8 if I remember correctly - the group we were seated with was sort of cranky and didn't want to talk, so I guess you always take that chance.

And I know it's cliche, but Le Cellier was the best meal we ate on our whole trip - if it were me, I'd trade something in for that (maybe Teppan or Chefs). Enjoy!:)

I agree with the PP's. We really like Teppan Edo and the chefs have always been interactive with the kids. I will add that we do not frequent hibachi style restaurants at home though, so it was a treat for our family.

Everything else looks good. I've always passed on Chefs because I thought my kids would like something else better. If you go, let us know! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter