Should the remote shows be audio only?

I was thinking that too when I was watching these shows. I feel like Zoom would be more conducive to what they are doing then Skype.
We have exhausted this question in many places, but we are using software that integrates directly with Skype. We aren't just having a teleconference that we are broadcasting. We are using software specifically meant for video production. Pete wants these shows stripped down, so we are taking advantage of the bells and whistles involved besides basic graphics and lower thirds, but because of that we have to work with what the software allows and the only thing is Skype.

Also, be careful about using Zoom. If you're using their app and not their browser-based services then you are probably falling into some unnerving privacy and security issues...

Who is doing the Skype hosting and who is doing the recording/capture?

Your audio and video quality is pristine, Pete sometimes gets fragged but is usually great and everyone else has issues from time to time. Ryno is probably third best.
Whoever is hosting the recording/capture does everything. I have done pretty much all of it unless it's Fiasco by himself or the handful of ones that he's done. That is why my audio and video is pristine, but I'm also the only person using an actual camera and microphone. Ryno uses a Zoom mic, but I don't care for the hollow sounding audio from it, but he enjoys using that more because he doesn't have to sit right up on it. Pete has a USB camera and a USB mic. Besides that, everyone else is using their built-in cameras.

We have exhausted this question in many places, but we are using software that integrates directly with Skype. We aren't just having a teleconference that we are broadcasting. We are using software specifically meant for video production. Pete wants these shows stripped down, so we are taking advantage of the bells and whistles involved besides basic graphics and lower thirds, but because of that we have to work with what the software allows and the only thing is Skype.

Also, be careful about using Zoom. If you're using their app and not their browser-based services then you are probably falling into some unnerving privacy and security issues...

This might help you guys out. Twit uses Skype for their programs.

https://wiki.twit.tv/wiki/How_to_Be_a_Guest_on_the_TWiT_network

Makes sense. Thank you for the reply and keep up all the great work! We all appreciate it.

Whoever is hosting the recording/capture does everything. I have done pretty much all of it unless it's Fiasco by himself or the handful of ones that he's done. That is why my audio and video is pristine, but I'm also the only person using an actual camera and microphone. Ryno uses a Zoom mic, but I don't care for the hollow sounding audio from it, but he enjoys using that more because he doesn't have to sit right up on it. Pete has a USB camera and a USB mic. Besides that, everyone else is using their built-in cameras.

Ah, great. I was going to say that if someone else was hosting while you record video that you should find another PC to host somewhere. You obviously have it covered.

@Teleclashter I started to type this jokingly but then realized it was a legit question/suggestion:
Could you talk to Pete about possibly taking us on a 'tour' of the Bob Varley Studio? I don't know if there's merit or not but if so, it would be neat for him to give us a tour of the studio space and maybe talk about some of the items in there if they have any personal meaning to him, like souvenirs, artwork, etc. Personally speaking, I've always wondered what the whole studio looked like from the perspective of walking in to the room (as opposed to the background of each of the team members' camera view).

Just an idea to help fill in some time. Whether that be 5 minutes or 20. :)

@Teleclashter I started to type this jokingly but then realized it was a legit question/suggestion:
Could you talk to Pete about possibly taking us on a 'tour' of the Bob Varley Studio? I don't know if there's merit or not but if so, it would be neat for him to give us a tour of the studio space and maybe talk about some of the items in there if they have any personal meaning to him, like souvenirs, artwork, etc. Personally speaking, I've always wondered what the whole studio looked like from the perspective of walking in to the room (as opposed to the background of each of the team members' camera view).

Just an idea to help fill in some time. Whether that be 5 minutes or 20. :)

Great idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter