Should this Disney T.V series have a reboot?

I've never heard of this, but it has elements I like in TV shows. I would watch a reboot! (if I had a television, that is :rolleyes:)

I take it you saw the original? How would you feel about a reboot?

Just saw headlines/trailer snippets for a That's So Raven spin-off (Disney channel show I liked a lot as a preteen). Cringe, some things need to end

This used to be the one I waited for the most on Wonderful World of Disney when it aired (maybe every other year?). I remember seeing it in a release in the theaters as well (must have been 1979 or so). It became the hardest to find and most expensive Disney Treasure DVD on the market for a long time.

It wasn't Disney IP though, based on a still partly copyrighted book series, though I doubt anyone is knocking down the door for the film rights.

In lieu of a reboot, I'd prefer a RE-RELEASE of the original series on BLU RAY, so we have other means to procure it, beyond spending $400+ on the Disney Treasures version on Amazon. Like so many classic Disney television series, it was engaging early era television. What might they accomplish with it now, in partnership with AMC or something? Certainly not some watered down Disney Channel nonsense, but something in keeping with the spirit of the original. Who knows?

Last edited:

I just wish that they would re-release it on DVD. I'm still kicking myself for not buying it 15 years ago. Watched it with my dad as a kid. Enjoyed it. Doubt Disney would remake it. Like the Swamp Fox, I don;t see there being a big audience for it today.

Honestly, the classics should be left alone. I hear there is a remake of "Oliver!" in the works at Disney but set to a contemporary theme. Hopefully that is just a rumor. I cringe to think about it! Especially if they try to update the music. Most modern styles don't cut it when it comes to true musicals, in my opinion (Hamilton is a travesty!) The remake of Annie was pathetic enough and got extremely poor reviews so I'm not sure why such a project for Oliver would even be considered. I love the original from 1968. I believe any attempt to modernize or remake it would be futile.

Last edited:

I watched this recently. It is so good! I would like to see a nice, official Blu-ray release. It does not need to be remade though.

This used to be the one I waited for the most on Wonderful World of Disney when it aired (maybe every other year?). I remember seeing it in a release in the theaters as well (must have been 1979 or so). It became the hardest to find and most expensive Disney Treasure DVD on the market for a long time.

It wasn't Disney IP though, based on a still partly copyrighted book series, though I doubt anyone is knocking down the door for the film rights.

In lieu of a reboot, I'd prefer a RE-RELEASE of the original series on BLU RAY, so we have other means to procure it, beyond spending $400+ on the Disney Treasures version on Amazon. Like so many classic Disney television series, it was engaging early era television. What might they accomplish with it now, in partnership with AMC or something? Certainly not some watered down Disney Channel nonsense, but something in keeping with the spirit of the original. Who knows?

I just wish that they would re-release it on DVD. I'm still kicking myself for not buying it 15 years ago. Watched it with my dad as a kid. Enjoyed it. Doubt Disney would remake it. Like the Swamp Fox, I don;t see there being a big audience for it today.
I'm still kicking myself for not being able to get more than 3 of the DVDs when they came out. I sold off 2 of them for relatively (to what they are today) very little because I was in need of money at the time. I have only kept one copy for myself and would never part with it.

I also love Disney's Zorro.
I'm also kicking myself for not keeping a copy of the sets for myself. I thought I'd be able to purchase another set for myself and was never able to. Now they just want too much for them second hand (if you can even find them).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts