Should we do MK twice?

destinationahead_dis

Earning My Ears
I need some expertise. Planning a Spring Break trip for my 6-year-old and 3-year-old. This will be their first trip. We are planning 6-night stay but only 4 park days. Should I plan to do each park once or MK twice which would leave out one of the parks. In that case, which park should we skip?

If I were in your shoes I'd plan two park days at MK and leave out Epcot. Lots of walls up at Epcot and World Showcase may not be appealing to your children (though, of course, every family and child are different).

Now, the Epcot walls may be down by spring break 2021, but considering a lot of projects are on pause or slowed down due to company finances, I imagine a lot of the walls will remain until MK's 50th in October 2021.

I think it might depend on if they are still requiring reservations then. My son has always liked all the parks and even when he was a toddler, MK was not his favorite. If it were me, if PHs were back in play, I would do that and maybe plan to do half day at whichever park they aren't digging and then ask them which park they want to go back to for the other half. We have always done PHs, even when my son was young. That way when a park got too crowded or he just wasn't feeling it, we would either go to a different park or back to the resort to swim then to a different park at night. If reservations are still happening, we would probably do all four parks.

I need some expertise. Planning a Spring Break trip for my 6-year-old and 3-year-old. This will be their first trip. We are planning 6-night stay but only 4 park days. Should I plan to do each park once or MK twice which would leave out one of the parks. In that case, which park should we skip?
Yes to two days at MK. But, since it’s a Spring Break trip, cutting out Epcot also means cutting out the Flower and Garden festival. That would be hard for me to do. I’d probably cut out HS. No perfect answer.

I would do 2 days of MK, but the park I would skip with a 6 and 3 year old would definitely be Hollywood Studios. With most of the shows canceled, there is VERY little to do there with young children.

Epcot is fabulous with young children - they would love the seas pavilion. My kids at that age spent hours there. My kids also loved spaceship earth, living with the land, Frozen Ever After, the boat ride in Mexico etc. Epcot is actually a really great park for young kids. We also enjoyed doing a meal at the Mexico pavilion when our kids were young. They loved watching the boats float by while munching on their Nachos. One of my son's first words was at Disney - "boat!" :)

I also think 2 days at MK is best for those ages, especially if wait times during spring break are like they were during fall break last week. Epcot or DHS would be the park to skip, and I think that depends on which attractions your kids would like the most. DHS would be good if they are Star Wars and/or Toy Story fans. Otherwise, Epcot is probably the better choice.

MK twice. I always hit MK twice because there’s so much to do there. I’d skip HS due to crowd sizes they’ve been getting and it’s less kid friendly out of the 4 IMO.

Yep. Midway is good, but siinky dog might be too much, TOT too much, Rock Coaster definitely too much. Kids these days don't know the muppets, Galaxy is just plain boring. So I think (and this is obviously plain conjecture), you'd be limited to Midway and the saucers.

MK twice and skip HS. You may only have 1 or 2 rides the 3 year old could do there with nothing else to entertain him. MK will keep them entertained much longer. EP has the Kidcot stations that they would probably enjoy in WS, AK has the animals and safari ride.

we always did 2 MK days when the kids were that age. We love EPCOT, but at that age, I don'tknow. we do love flower/garden fest, and kids do love aquarium there, but if you have to get rid of one, that one might have to go. Also, unless they meet height req, HS won't have a lot to offer for them except TSL, but they do need to be tall enough for 2 rides there. HS has always been one of our favorite parks. 3 of the older kids' favorite rides are at HS, and 2 of DH"s favorites, so it's hard to skip it for us. Plus we are a family of HUGE Star Wars fans. But I would definitely do MK twice if possible, with kids that age. Lots more rides.

Another vote for 2 MK days and skip EPCOT. Especially if walls are still up. We were there last fall and it was just not much fun spending half our time navigating those corridors. World Showcase is nice, but it's more entertaining for kids a bit older, when you can talk to them about the cultures.

About HS, I agree that it's crazy busy, but TSL is so worth it for kids, especially if they like the movies. My family also likes the Muppet area, it's usually less congested and is a fun place to explore.

MK has a lot to do.. you will be much happier going twice...and doing half the park a day.
My kids favorite park is AK
They love HS but the crowds were too much.
In a normal environment they would love it... but I just could not deal with all the people this time so we skipped it.

In the current climate you should do AK, epcot, MK and MK.
If at all possible try and plan during the week.

I'd suggest two days at MK for both rides and a classic Disney introduction for your children. Since that means skipping a park, for now, my advice is to make sure you have a stroller that fits both and include EPCOT in your plans! It's large with plenty of walking. In my experience, kids are more able to make it through long days/distances when they have a chance to rest as needed.

Order matters.

I have a picture of my then 6yo looking very petulant at Animal Kingdom on our first trip to Orlando. We did three park days: Legoland, Magic Kingdom, and Animal Kingdom, in that order. Lots of rides suitable for young kids at the first two parks. Not so much at AK. She was expecting more of the same, and a walking path to look at animals just didn't hold the same level of excitement for her.

I think her experience at AK would have been very different if we'd gone there first or better managed her expectations. It was my first trip too, so I didn't really know any better at the time.

3yo was too young to care. He was excited about everything.

Given the age of your kids, definitely do MK twice.
Unless things change, I would agree with skipping HS. There is less to do there for that age unless the shows open back up.
EPCOT still has a lot for kids to do from the land and seas. They also may enjoy the scavenger hunts through EPCOT

Definitely MK twice. Heck, I'm an ADULT and I want 2 MK days. With children who are your kids' ages, I would probably skip HS and do Epcot instead of HS since there's a lot of all ages sorts of attractions to enjoy at Epcot. At HS right now, there isn't a lot for younger kids to do.

We always do MK twice and skip HS if needed. I would skip AK, but my daughter won't have it lol.

I'm not an MK person, but I think in this case I would do MK twice especially since that is what is probably in their image of Disney. I'd be inclined to leave out HS right now with that age group.

Should I plan to do each park once or MK twice which would leave out one of the parks. In that case, which park should we skip?
MK has a lot to offer for your kids, where as Epcot and HS have a lot less. So I would definitely do 2 MK days and the toss up of which park not to do is up to you (or your kids). I would make a list of what your kids can do at HS or Epcot and see which one gives you more options. I might actually pick Epcot. You can make it interesting for your little ones by doing a scavenger hunt in WS, so you get to see the countries and the kids have something to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter