Shower Chair

Lisa3

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have a picture of the shower chair that Disney provides? Trying to decide if we will need to rent one or not.

I didn't know Disney would still supply shower chairs upon request. I thought that went away with COVID.

I didn't know Disney would still supply shower chairs upon request.

Well, I guess if all of the roll in shower rooms are booked and you need a seat for the shower, that could be one scenario. But I would use caution.

My mom (before she knew what the difference was) booked a “Florida Accessible” room (which is basically just hand rails for the toilet and tub, nothing else). Now, since we were using her DVC points on a 2 bedroom at Saratoga, we had two bathroom, one with the “Florida Accesible” stuff and one with a stand up shower (no handheld).

Since it made more sense for me to use the shower than the tub, I decided to use that in the mornings to get ready and we arranged to have a shower seat brought up. (I would deal with the showerhead issue another way.)

What we didn’t know at the time was that shower seat was well used, but it still looked brand new. Not even 5 seconds after sitting down, the seat decided that it had enough and decided to collapse. Unfortunately, by the time I realized it and made peace with the fact that “This was how it ends!”, I was on the floor! To add insult to injury, my one leg that is really bad off was bent and contorted in ways that I didn’t even know it could bend itself. When the initial shock wore off I called for my mom. After she was done laughing for 5 minutes straight, she helped me back up.

She asked me if I was okay (really?) and when I told her yeah, she went to go call the front desk to tell them what happened. What they told her was that the only available 2 bedroom with a roll in shower was at Old Key West and that we would have to switch hotels. After thinking about it, she wasn’t sure on how it would go and if our luggage would show up at the new room, so she declined.

Later that day, when we returned to our room, there was a plate of chocolate and candy waiting for us. My little cousin (he was 10 at the time) said that “I needed to fall more often!” To which everyone else replied “No!”

Just anecdotal info...once at SSR a shower seat was mistakenly delivered to my room. It was very large, wide, with a backrest and I think armrests. So perhaps there are different sizes available?

There likely are various models “available” but input that in quotes because you may not get options. I’m under the impression that while WDW has some it is not a large supply and may even need to bring one from another resort. And as PP shared, may not be in the best condition

My recommendation is always to either rent or bring what you need rather than rely on what might be available.

Well, I guess if all of the roll in shower rooms are booked and you need a seat for the shower, that could be one scenario. But I would use caution.

My mom (before she knew what the difference was) booked a “Florida Accessible” room (which is basically just hand rails for the toilet and tub, nothing else). Now, since we were using her DVC points on a 2 bedroom at Saratoga, we had two bathroom, one with the “Florida Accesible” stuff and one with a stand up shower (no handheld).

Since it made more sense for me to use the shower than the tub, I decided to use that in the mornings to get ready and we arranged to have a shower seat brought up. (I would deal with the showerhead issue another way.)

What we didn’t know at the time was that shower seat was well used, but it still looked brand new. Not even 5 seconds after sitting down, the seat decided that it had enough and decided to collapse. Unfortunately, by the time I realized it and made peace with the fact that “This was how it ends!”, I was on the floor! To add insult to injury, my one leg that is really bad off was bent and contorted in ways that I didn’t even know it could bend itself. When the initial shock wore off I called for my mom. After she was done laughing for 5 minutes straight, she helped me back up.

She asked me if I was okay (really?) and when I told her yeah, she went to go call the front desk to tell them what happened. What they told her was that the only available 2 bedroom with a roll in shower was at Old Key West and that we would have to switch hotels. After thinking about it, she wasn’t sure on how it would go and if our luggage would show up at the new room, so she declined.

Later that day, when we returned to our room, there was a plate of chocolate and candy waiting for us. My little cousin (he was 10 at the time) said that “I needed to fall more often!” To which everyone else replied “No!”
Oh, my! When I first heard that Disney might be able to supply shower chairs. I was encouraged, but after hearing your experience I'm not so sure.

There likely are various models “available” but input that in quotes because you may not get options. I’m under the impression that while WDW has some it is not a large supply and may even need to bring one from another resort. And as PP shared, may not be in the best condition

My recommendation is always to either rent or bring what you need rather than rely on what might be available.
We never even got an option. Although I don’t think that they’ll have shower wheelchairs like the one pictured below. For that you might have t rent one from a medical company.IMG_7165.jpeg

How much do they cost on Amazon? I'd just have one shipped to the resort if it doesn't break the bank. Rather know that I have what I need than worry about the hotel not having one available, or it breaking!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter