Shuttle Launch Delayed....

I hope they wait until Sunday or Monday. We've missed it a few times and one trip I got to see it right before the Luau, but DH and DD had gone to the bathroom and missed most of it. (We forgot about it). It would be soo nice for my DD and DH to see this time. But I hope everything is safe for them to go up. It seems like it's been one thing after another.

The NASA web site is reporting that they may be able to try as early as Saturday, per the press conference they had this afternoon. I hope that it does go this weekend, as we will be at WDW and should get a good view.
Mike

Edited to put update in separate post.

According to the latest news, a new attempt will be made at 10:39am next Tuesday. NASA believes that they have found the problem with the fuel sensor.

Mike

We were there. Well, we were in Titusville across the Indian River and paid $10 to park in the Holiday Inn parking lot. It was a great location -- German tourists to our left, British to our right and it was wonderful. Until we got the call from my brother in CA watching Nasa tv on his computer telling us the launch was scrubbed. :sad1: Well there's another window in September. We're there for DH's second Extravagant Birthday Trip -- who knows?

i just received an email from the website NASA and they shuttle is going off tuesday 10:39 am. :flower:

wdwstar said:
i just received an email from the website NASA and they shuttle is going off tuesday 10:39 am. :flower:
Assuming no other glitches between now and then. NASA is also watching Tropical Storm Franklin pretty close.

We will be at WDW next week. I know that hubby would love to see the shuttle launch. Can you see well enough from WDW or would we need to head to the West Coast for a really cool site?

RweTHEREyet said:
We will be at WDW next week. I know that hubby would love to see the shuttle launch. Can you see well enough from WDW or would we need to head to the West Coast for a really cool site?
Actually, I'd head for the EAST coast. ;)

on a clear day you can see forever .....

It can be pretty overcast but still OK to launch. If so ya can't see much from very far away. From Orlando all you will see will be a smal bright spot and the smoke trail - if it is very clear. Cloudy and you won't see a thing.

If you can get to the right place on the coast you can actually see the pad - it is several miles away, but you can see the big ball when they leave the pad - and see and feel the roar.

I used to live in Merritt Island and have seen several launches from my front yard and off shore. My dishes would shake in the cabinet when they launched even small stuff like Deltas from the Air Force Station.

poohj80 said:
Assuming no other glitches between now and then. NASA is also watching Tropical Storm Franklin pretty close.

It seems that NASA is now pretty confident that Franklin will not be an issue. Looking at the National Hurricane Center info, it would seem that it will be well out over the Atlantic by Tuesday and falling apart.

Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter