Sick kid? A doctor WILL come to your Disney resort room!

westie55

DIS Veteran
Unfortunately, my 2 year old son got sick during our most recent trip. Fever, pain, vomiting. I had Googled about doctor services in Disney and got conflicting information, so I wanted to share with everyone that all I had to do was call the front desk of the resort, and they set me up for a doctor to come directly to our resort room. We were also given the option of being transported by Disney to a nearby urgent care. I was also able to cancel my ADRs even within the 24 hour window by calling and telling them about his illness. They couldn't have been more accommodating. I just wanted to share this info for anyone who might experience this in the future. We definitely had some bumps in the road, but in the end we made the best of it and were still able to enjoy ourselves overall.

Unfortunately, my 2 year old son got sick during our most recent trip. Fever, pain, vomiting. I had Googled about doctor services in Disney and got conflicting information, so I wanted to share with everyone that all I had to do was call the front desk of the resort, and they set me up for a doctor to come directly to our resort room. We were also given the option of being transported by Disney to a nearby urgent care. I was also able to cancel my ADRs even within the 24 hour window by calling and telling them about his illness. They couldn't have been more accommodating. I just wanted to share this info for anyone who might experience this in the future. We definitely had some bumps in the road, but in the end we made the best of it and were still able to enjoy ourselves overall.
Thanks for sharing. Did the Dr. take your insurance info or was it a cash transaction? Would you mind providing the fee charged?

Wow! That is great service and good information to know. Thanks for sharing!

Sorry to hear about the interruption to your family trip but thank you for sharing this info with us all! hope everyone is on the mend soon!

Glad to hear a recent report. Having had experience with the Urgent Care and Florida Hospital ... that didn't end well, I'd gladly pay the $245 to have a personal experience and not having to go to one of the centers.

Note if your child is older and you think you may be dealing with something straight forward like ear infection, strep etc ... the Walgreens Clinics (one is right outside Disney Springs) are a great option. Quick, most helpful and very reasonable. DD had strep ... appointment, test and received medication all for $60 after insurance. (The Urgent care wanted $400 deposit).

I have not used it at Disney but for the straightforward stuff we use Livehealthonline at home. They can be used in Fl so I don't see a problem with it. It has worked great and is free for us as our Insurance picks up the whole thing. If you want to pay out of pocket it is $49 and they will call the prescription into the pharmacy of your choice.

that's good to hear. we had to do the urgent care two trips ago and the wait was INSANE. I felt so badly for all of the people that were stuck in there spending their vacation in an urgent care waiting room. so many kids. :( we have basically uber for kids urgent care in my area (DFW) and it's awesome.

I don't usually post on the families board, but the thread title caught my eye on the home page. Back in the early 90s, I got sick at while at WDW. I was young...maybe 6 or so? My sister had been sick the week before we went and I got the same thing. Talk about ruining the magic! But my mom was able to call the pediatrician back home, have him call in a prescription to the local pharmacy, which Disney then was able to get delivered to our hotel room. To top it off, I got a very personal signed get well card from Cinderella, which I still cherish to this day.

I honestly don't remember missing out on the parks all that much (I think because I was suddenly allowed to have as much ice cream and chocolate milk as I wanted :D), but I do remember feeling very special for the way that Disney handled the whole thing, and that's something that's stuck with me for 20+ years.

So anyway, if you're staying at Disney and your kiddo is sick, please let the resort staff know what's going on because they can be very helpful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!