Signature dinner after park day. What do you wear for shoes?

eeyoresmom

DIS Veteran
First world problems I know. We are going in the winter and won't be going back to the resort to change since we plan on just late afternoons in the parks then a late dinner. I can not figure out what to wear for shoes! Ladies, what do you wear?

Well winter here isn't like winter most places. I have a pair of dressy black bobs more like a black flat they are super comfortable and easily go with some black pants or even jeans. I will say I personally would what to freshen up before heading to a signature meal for dinner if possible, just to freshen up my make up, brush my hair, and maybe a quick change of clothes and shoes. But I am just like that... my DH would want to change as well.

Thanks. We won't be going into the parks until around 5 pm and even then it is just to see the decor so we shouldn't need to freshen up. I'll wear a sundress and sweater. It's the shoe issue that has me stumped. We dress every day, not just in anticipation of a signature dinner. I really don't want to carry a park bag but I will figure something out :)

I forgot to pack my flats this summer and ate at California Grill in a dress and tennis shoes. I didn't see anyone pointing and staring at my feet, no one made any comments about it. In other words, don't stress it too much :-)

I have a pair of dressier black flip flops I use for occasions like these :) Or do you have a pair of comfy sandals that would work for the short park touring? I have various sandals/shoes that work for several hours in the parks although I need my sneakers for all day touring.

How about renting a locker and leaving a pair of dressier shoes in it? Bring a larger bag to carry your park shoes but leave that in the locker too.

With the exception of V&A, I think all the other signatures will allow you to wear the same walking shoes as you had in the park.

I wear whatever I wear in the parks. The only time I've ever changed was when we ate at V&A, otherwise it's the shoes I have on. Last December even when it was colder than heck and I had on long pants and jacket, I had on my Clarks sandals/flip flops (I hate closed toe shoes) and even wore them to the highway in the sky thing.

First world problems I know. We are going in the winter and won't be going back to the resort to change since we plan on just late afternoons in the parks then a late dinner. I can not figure out what to wear for shoes! Ladies, what do you wear?
Black Sparkly Fitflops are comfy and look decent. I have friends that take a change of clothes with shoes and store them in a locker. Nobody is staring at shoes for dinner at Disney. It's Disney! Everyone is there to enjoy and have fun. I'd rather be comfy and enjoy the day.

Look into Dansko shoes. They are the best shoes for walking! I find them much more comfortable than sneakers. I have walked over 10 miles in the parks in this brand. Not "dressy" but very nice looking too.

With the exception of V&A, I think all the other signatures will allow you to wear the same walking shoes as you had in the park.

I agree. We ate at signatures every night of our trip and most guests looked like they came straight from the parks.

We always dress up. I have slightly "dressier" mephisto sandals and also ballet flats.

I have some white leather Ecco sneakers that look cute with anything. Best walking shoes ever too. If you are doing Disney Signature Dining, you will see a range of attire from park casual to dressy. Other than V&A, as long as you are not in swim attire, you will be good.

I am another one who loves to wear black Bob shoes as a dress shoe. Lite weight and comfy. Easy to carry in a backpack or wear them in the parks. Goes with any outfit

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!