Site inspections at River Country?

This is more exciting than originally expected, I figured it would be 100 percent DVC with the cash room and the number of bays that means this could be a decent size property, and with it being partially cash I am hoping means it will be more likely to get a really unique pool. Now i want to see new artist rendered drawings.

This is more exciting than originally expected, I figured it would be 100 percent DVC with the cash room and the number of bays that means this could be a decent size property, and with it being partially cash I am hoping means it will be more likely to get a really unique pool. Now i want to see new artist rendered drawings.

I'm still rooting for a Swiss Family Robinson themed resort and pool area. Wouldn't a big waterfall slide and rope swing be awesome?? I know there's probably no chance of this.

I am happy to see this will probably not be %100 DVC!

I am also curious to see how they differentiate theme from Wilderness Lodge. DVC = Deluxe resort so it's not going to be in keeping with the Fort Wilderness vibe. Just can't see another "log cabin" theme here. Any early rumors?

I am also curious to see how they differentiate theme from Wilderness Lodge. DVC = Deluxe resort so it's not going to be in keeping with the Fort Wilderness vibe. Just can't see another "log cabin" theme here. Any early rumors?
No rumors on theming yet.

In looking at WATG's website the design company for the new hotel it appears they have only done Disney's higher class resorts and specialize in high class resorts around the world.

"Thomas has led design efforts on numerous major themed hotels and resorts around the globe, and has served as senior project designer for several completed Disney projects including: Disney’s Grand Floridian Beach Resort at Walt Disney World, Florida; The Disneyland Paris Hotel; the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel; and the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel, Japan."

I’m sure IKEA will have something else on sale by the time they furnish the new FW resort popcorn::

While I really like the 2011 design, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense given that there's now 2 DVCs with a Wilderness theme and still a large amount of WL hotel rooms. I hope I am wrong though.

While I really like the 2011 design, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense given that there's now 2 DVCs with a Wilderness theme and still a large amount of WL hotel rooms. I hope I am wrong though.

I really hope it's not WL2. I like when resorts have unique theming. It's been awhile since we've gotten a newly themed deluxe resort. (Not counting AoA.) Most DVCs have been add-ons. I guess Riviera is a "new" resort, but likely to match the CBR theme but more luxe.

I really hope it's not WL2. I like when resorts have unique theming. It's been awhile since we've gotten a newly themed deluxe resort. (Not counting AoA.) Most DVCs have been add-ons. I guess Riviera is a "new" resort, but likely to match the CBR theme but more luxe.
Have you seen the most recent rendering of the Riviera Resort? it doesn't look like the CBR at all (which is good)

Have you seen the most recent rendering of the Riviera Resort? it doesn't look like the CBR at all (which is good)
It looks like a deluxe resort in the Caribbean. Which I assume is what they are going for.

Can say first hand the contemporary pools are....underwhelming. The BLT pool is nice, but it’s not jaw dropping by any means

I agree. The themed pool at the Contemporary is around 3 ft. deep all over. The quiet pool is shallow as you enter and is around 5 ft. in the center. I'm 6 ft. tall, so I spent approximately 5 minutes in the themed pool. Went over to the quiet pool to watch the Electrical Water Pageant.
A duck (not Donald) decided to join me in the pool.

Oh, I agree it doesn't, but I still expect a Caribbean theme to it, just more of a luxury Caribbean theme.

In looking at WATG's website the design company for the new hotel it appears they have only done Disney's higher class resorts and specialize in high class resorts around the world.

"Thomas has led design efforts on numerous major themed hotels and resorts around the globe, and has served as senior project designer for several completed Disney projects including: Disney’s Grand Floridian Beach Resort at Walt Disney World, Florida; The Disneyland Paris Hotel; the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel; and the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel, Japan."

I will reiterate that I'd love to see a Grand Hotel from Mackinac Island theme. Adirondack themeing might be interesting too. Or do a true Frank Lloyd Wright style.

However, by the time this is built, the price per point of DVC might well be $200. It will open about the time I might be able to afford DVC, but that kind of price might be too high.

I will reiterate that I'd love to see a Grand Hotel from Mackinac Island theme. Adirondack themeing might be interesting too. Or do a true Frank Lloyd Wright style.

However, by the time this is built, the price per point of DVC might well be $200. It will open about the time I might be able to afford DVC, but that kind of price might be too high.
Just wait 6 months then buy it for 170 resale lol

Based on the name, I would guess they're going for a Mediterranean Riviera theme... and from the artist concept drawings (turrets and garden style), probably Italian?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter