Skyline start time?

Hezzy04

DIS Veteran
I know the posted time for skyliner to start To Hollywood Studios is 9.....is that when it actually starts? Or does it start earlier?

Ok. I heard HS was opening at 9 lately....so just wanted to be sure. I plan to wait and have my family meet me at the skyliner....so just want to be sure I know what time to have them meet me!

It started around 8:45 at CBR when we were there last month. We were in line by about 8:15 and it still took us until a little after 9 to get on it. It seemed like it probably started earlier than that from Pop - people from Pop were getting off before that and then they were alternating groups from CBR and Pop to go to the HS line.

We were there last week. Did DHS by Skyliner twice - on one day, it started right at 9am. On the second day, it started around 8:45am. The posted/stated start time is 9am. People start lining up as early as 7am.

For Epcot, it starts about 10am, but no need to get there earlier for that one.

We were there last week. Did DHS by Skyliner twice - on one day, it started right at 9am. On the second day, it started around 8:45am. The posted/stated start time is 9am. People start lining up as early as 7am.

For Epcot, it starts about 10am, but no need to get there earlier for that one.
7 AM??!! That’s insane! What time did you line up, and what time did you actually get on? Alternatively, what time would you recommend lining up? We don’t have to be at the very front, but we are hoping to rope drop Slinky with a minimal wait time if possible (~30 minutes). Is this possible if you have any knowledge on that?

7 AM??!! That’s insane! What time did you line up, and what time did you actually get on? Alternatively, what time would you recommend lining up? We don’t have to be at the very front, but we are hoping to rope drop Slinky with a minimal wait time if possible (~30 minutes). Is this possible if you have any knowledge on that?

I just returned from my trip today. We lined up for the Skyliner at 8am and there were less than 10 parties in front of us. The Skyliner started running at exactly 8:45am and we were on within a minute or so of them letting people on. Once at DHS, they opened temperature check at 9:15am and we went straight into the park. We went straight to MMRR and were on the ride by 9:30am. I would imagine you would have very similar results by heading straight for Slinky.

I just returned from my trip today. We lined up for the Skyliner at 8am and there were less than 10 parties in front of us. The Skyliner started running at exactly 8:45am and we were on within a minute or so of them letting people on. Once at DHS, they opened temperature check at 9:15am and we went straight into the park. We went straight to MMRR and were on the ride by 9:30am. I would imagine you would have very similar results by heading straight for Slinky.
Thank you!!! This is exactly the info I need!

We got to the Skyliner both days around 8:10am and there were maybe 30-40 parties in front of us both times. They brought us up to the loading platform around 8:30. On one day, the Skyliner started running around 8:45-8:50 and we were in the park by 9:20. The second day, the Skyliner started running at 9am and we were in the park by 9:30ish. Both days worked out fine. The first day we did Slinky Dog with a 10 minute wait, Aliens, and Smuggler's Run all before 10am. The second day we did MMRR with a 30 minute wait, posted was 45 minutes.

Our experience was before the ROTR boarding group changes,. With the boarding groups now going live from anywhere at 7am, the urgency to be inside the park prior to 10am is much less. IMO, there's no longer a reason for people to line up at the Skyliner that early anymore. There's still a benefit of being there when the park opens around 9:15ish because the lines are lowest then, but I would not break my back to get to the Skyliner by a set time. If we were going in the near future, we'd probably shoot for 8:30ish. I would say its totally doable to get on Slinky Dog with a less than 30 minute wait, especially if its a weekday.

We got to the Skyliner both days around 8:10am and there were maybe 30-40 parties in front of us both times. They brought us up to the loading platform around 8:30. On one day, the Skyliner started running around 8:45-8:50 and we were in the park by 9:20. The second day, the Skyliner started running at 9am and we were in the park by 9:30ish. Both days worked out fine. The first day we did Slinky Dog with a 10 minute wait, Aliens, and Smuggler's Run all before 10am. The second day we did MMRR with a 30 minute wait, posted was 45 minutes.

Our experience was before the ROTR boarding group changes,. With the boarding groups now going live from anywhere at 7am, the urgency to be inside the park prior to 10am is much less. IMO, there's no longer a reason for people to line up at the Skyliner that early anymore. There's still a benefit of being there when the park opens around 9:15ish because the lines are lowest then, but I would not break my back to get to the Skyliner by a set time. If we were going in the near future, we'd probably shoot for 8:30ish. I would say its totally doable to get on Slinky Dog with a less than 30 minute wait, especially if its a weekday.
Excellent! Thanks so much!

So is it safe to say that the Skyliner start times (actual running time) from Pop to get to either HS or Epcot is one hour before park posted openings? Will be there soon and never been on Skyliner yet so trying to get all my ducks in a row.

ETA: may as well ask about park closing times too with Skyliner... runs until 90 minutes after park closing?

So is it safe to say that the Skyliner start times (actual running time) from Pop to get to either HS or Epcot is one hour before park posted openings? Will be there soon and never been on Skyliner yet so trying to get all my ducks in a row.

ETA: may as well ask about park closing times too with Skyliner... runs until 90 minutes after park closing?

I believe the skyliner from Pop/AoA starts to run even earlier. When we went to HS, the skyliner from CBR to HS started running at 8:45 (for a 10am opening). People coming from Pop/AoA had already started arriving at the CBR station maybe a good 10 minutes or so before that (not sure of the exact time they started arriving).

You're correct, the skyliner runs for 90 minutes after park closing. At HS we waited in line for 20 minutes for the skyliner after park close. That put us on the skyliner after 8pm (7pm park close) and there was still just as long of a line once we were on the gondola & heading back to CBR. In that situation, I would imagine they just keep running the skyliner until there isn't a line anymore.

I believe the skyliner from Pop/AoA starts to run even earlier. When we went to HS, the skyliner from CBR to HS started running at 8:45 (for a 10am opening). People coming from Pop/AoA had already started arriving at the CBR station maybe a good 10 minutes or so before that (not sure of the exact time they started arriving).

You're correct, the skyliner runs for 90 minutes after park closing. At HS we waited in line for 20 minutes for the skyliner after park close. That put us on the skyliner after 8pm (7pm park close) and there was still just as long of a line once we were on the gondola & heading back to CBR. In that situation, I would imagine they just keep running the skyliner until there isn't a line anymore.
Sounds good... thank you!

I know the posted time for skyliner to start To Hollywood Studios is 9.....is that when it actually starts? Or does it start earlier?

Just know that it does not matter :( during COVID.

We were at Riviera in early September. Tried to get to EPCOT international Gateway 45 mins before park opening and it was a pretty long wait. 25 mins. The problem is, @ RIviera, you have to get a gondola that starts at CBR...because of "social distancing" you have to wait for an open godola wich is few and far between. Very frustrating.

It was revers and worse going to the studios. You get on a gondola at Riviera in an ok time line, but it sends you to CBR and you have to exit. Problem is again with "social distancing" there are throngs of people crammed into a tiny place. With no place for them to go. So you have to get off the skyliner, and then join an endless line that takes over an hour to get through. I will not stay at a skyliner resort until covid end.

We’re headed to stay at Riviera in a couple of days. If we’re looking to be at the parks 45-60 minutes before opening, should we just take an Uber?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!