~*~ Dream ~*~ Believe ~*~ Achieve ~*~ (Comments Welcome)

The first addition to my home gym equipment is out for delivery. I got myself an exercise ball. I'm still looking at weight benches. I think I have one picked out (Hoist 5165), but I want to go and see it in person. It's pricy, but it's heavy duty and I can purchase the preacher curl and leg curl/extension pieces at a later time.

hoist-hf-5165-7-position-fid-bench.jpg

I'm still in planning stages and haven't completed my at home strength training plan yet. I used mostly dumbbells and barbells at the gym so the transition shouldn't be too difficult.

04/30/18 - 05/06/18

Not much went on this week. Just drank lots of coffee and read books. Mileage ramped back up and it felt good to be out there.​

Monday - Rest Day

Tuesday
  • 3 mi @ EA 12:36
  • Splits: 12:34, 12:29, 12:37
Wednesday
  • 4 mi @ EB 11:47 + Strides
  • Splits: 11:33, 11:39, 11:37, 10:34
Thursday
  • 3 mi @ EA 12:36
  • Splits: 12:30, 12:36, 12:30
Friday - Rest Day

Saturday - I'm a morning runner, but it just wasn't going to happen today. We had to be out the door by 6:45am for Starbucks and a soccer game 50 minutes away. I set my alarm for 4:45am, but just wasn't feeling it and went back to sleep. It was the last game of the season so I told my daughter that we would celebrate by going out to lunch. Her choice? The Dinde BLT (turkey sandwich with bacon) from France at Epcot. I did not realize it was Cinco de Mayo when I agreed to it. Epcot + Cinco de Mayo = No Bueno. We rode Mission Space, hit up Club Cool, ate in France, bought some candy in Japan then left. It was just too crowded. I ran around 4pm and it was really hot and icky, but at least there was a small breeze. I didn't push the pace too much during strides in the last mile.
  • 5 mi @ EB 11:47 + Strides
  • Splits: 11:33, 11:37, 11:36, 11:39, 11:06
Ordered tacos for the kids from Chipotle delivered via Door Dash since it was Cinco de Mayo. Chipotle messed up our order so I had it redelivered and they messed it up the second time too! So no more ordering from Chipotle for delivery. I was good and had a salad, but that's only so I could eat a semi-homemade pretzel (boxed German pretzel mix) with the cheese sauce that comes in the runDisney food boxes. They sell that fake cheese at Dollar Tree. It doesn't taste nearly as good as it does after you run 13.1 miles.

V%64w6ZsQz6W31GuvxvOnQ.jpg

Sunday - It was raining really hard when I got up around 7am. I checked the weather and it was supposed to rain all day long with a chance of thunder & lightning. I decided to go to the gym and use a treadmill. I'm not familiar with treadmills when it comes to pace, speed, etc. I found a conversion chart online and used the setting from that to get close to my Long Run pace https://www.hillrunner.com/calculators/treadmill-pace-conversions/. It wasn't too bad running on the treadmill. I watched The Handmaid's Tale on Hulu while I ran. I completely forgot to take a picture of my treadmill run results. I used my Garmin and it was consistently .08 miles ahead of what the treadmill said. I'm thinking it was somewhere between the two, but who knows. The info below is from my Garmin that I used in Treadmill mode.
  • 5 mi @ LR 11:24
  • Splits: 10:55, 11:18, 11:26, 11:19, 11:30, 11:19 (.08 miles)

So I’m totally in a cooking rut. It’s the same things over and over. I keep looking over my recipes and not really feeling inspired. I think it’s made worse when my DH travels for work.

This is my plan for the week:

Monday - DD had a sandwich, DS had leftovers and I had soup.
Tuesday - burgers, oven baked fries, corn on the cob
Wednesday - Lemon Pepper Shrimp over Orzo, fresh green beans & salad
Thursday - Rotisserie Chicken, mashed potatoes, peas, roasted baby carrots, braised cabbage. I don’t eat mashed potatoes or peas.
Friday - Beef Stew with homemade rolls
Saturday - leftovers
Sunday - ???? Maybe grill some steaks.

So I had my first R paced workout today. I do not have access to a running track. The closest one is about 40 minutes away and I would have to pay to use it since I'm not a resident of Orlando. All the local schools keep theirs locked up and frown on the public using them. I programmed my workout into my Garmin and ran a section of sidewalk back and forth a few times. The 150 meters started and ended in the same spots so I guess it's sort of accurate??? I had a lot of fun on today's run!!!

So I had my first R paced workout today. I do not have access to a running track. The closest one is about 40 minutes away and I would have to pay to use it since I'm not a resident of Orlando. All the local schools keep theirs locked up and frown on the public using them. I programmed my workout into my Garmin and ran a section of sidewalk back and forth a few times. The 150 meters started and ended in the same spots so I guess it's sort of accurate??? I had a lot of fun on today's run!!!

That's what I do, except I am on the street. I actually prefer the roads vs the track because the roads are indicative of my racing terrain. Track has more bounce and can make running faster easier.

I would recommend mapping out the course using https://www.goodrunguide.co.uk/RoutePlanner.asp though. The satellite mapping will be more accurate than the Garmin GPS. Just choose two man-made objects on the path you're on. In most cases, it will line up with GPS fairly close, but not always.

That's what I do, except I am on the street. I actually prefer the roads vs the track because the roads are indicative of my racing terrain. Track has more bounce and can make running faster easier.

I would recommend mapping out the course using https://www.goodrunguide.co.uk/RoutePlanner.asp though. The satellite mapping will be more accurate than the Garmin GPS. Just choose two man-made objects on the path you're on. In most cases, it will line up with GPS fairly close, but not always.

OMG at that satellite website. I can’t believe how detailed the pictures are. I just spent 15 minutes spying on my neighbors.

ETA: I’m using sidewalks now instead of the road because the neighbors complain about people walking and running in the road. I love where I live and my immediate neighbors, but some people here like to nitpick everything.

ETA: I’m using sidewalks now instead of the road because the neighbors complain about people walking and running in the road. I love where I live and my immediate neighbors, but some people here like to nitpick everything.

That's too bad. My neighbors have never said anything to me thankfully. I've got about 9,500 miles burned into my roads at this point. Most wave and smile, or chat. Even get stopped commonly by people I don't know when I'm out and about on my day (like the grocery store this past Sunday, "how'd your run go this morning?", "Good, do I know you?" LOL!).

That's too bad. My neighbors have never said anything to me thankfully. I've got about 9,500 miles burned into my roads at this point. Most wave and smile, or chat. Even get stopped commonly by people I don't know when I'm out and about on my day (like the grocery store this past Sunday, "how'd your run go this morning?", "Good, do I know you?" LOL!).

It’s the same 2-3 that are always complaining. If they think you are driving too fast they will post the video clip from their security cameras on our HOA Facebook page to shame you. The one that irks me the most is the woman who is also a runner that threw a hissy fit about people in the street. Where do you think SHE runs? Yup, in the street. Other than that our neighborhood (and town!) is just plain awesome!

Sounds like training is starting out well. I feel you about cooking the same thing over and over. My go-to is throwing chicken & veggies on a pan and baking/broiling them. I switch up the seasoning and the veggies, sometimes add potatoes. But it makes me some solid lunches for the week too.

Track has more bounce and can make running faster easier.
HA. Maybe that's why I am running faster than my paces. ;)

05/07/18 - 05/13/18
Monday - Rest Day

Tuesday
  • 4 mi @ EB 11:47 + Strides
  • Average Pace: 11:34
Wednesday - The first half of my run kept getting interrupted with phone calls I couldn't ignore. We also had a propane tank scheduled to be buried. I saw the truck drive into my neighborhood just minutes after I got off the phone with the scheduler telling me they would be there in 30 minutes! After I went over the install I was able to finish up my run with no interruptions....phew! This is the first time I have ever done a workout with repeats, but I LOVED it. So. much. fun. It is so hard to get to the correct pace in such a short distance though.
  • 2 mi WU + 8x(150m @ 8:36 w/ 150m RI) + 400m @ WU + 8x(150m @ 8:36 w/ 150m RI) + 1mi CD
  • Repeat Splits: (8:23, 8:36, 8:49, 8:30, 8:31, 8:11, 8:55, 8:31) + (8:28, 8:12, 8:24, 8:18, 8:05, 8:44, 8:12, 8:37)
Thursday
  • 4 mi @ EA 12:36
  • Average Pace: 12:31
Friday - Rest Day

Saturday - I am suffering through Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix audiobook. Most boring book ever. I'm about 2/3 through it and I can't wait for it to be done. I joined the neighborhood ladies Bunco group which meets once a month. It's a really good time with food, drinks & music. We play for money. There's different categories that get paid out at the end of the night and I won $30 for the most rounds of wins!!!
  • 6 mi @ EB 11:47 + Strides
  • Average Pace: 11:27
Sunday - Another fun time with this run! Went out to dinner at Marlows Tavern for Mother's Day.
  • 2 mi WU + 2x(1mi @ 9:46 w/ 1min RI) + 6x(150m @ 8:36 w/ 150m RI) + 1mi CD
  • Repeat Splits: (9:40, 9:31) + (8:27, 8:24, 8:17, 8:56, 8:33, 8:17)

Meal Plan for the Week
  • Monday - Beef Stew (never made it last week!)
  • Tuesday - Honey Teriyaki Salmon w/ rice & sautéed zucchini
  • Wednesday - Grilled Rib Eye Steak w/ mashed potatoes, baked sweet potato for me, sautéed brussels sprouts
  • Thursday - Mushroom Herb Chicken, egg noodles & broccoli
  • Friday - Grilled Pork Chops w/ whatever we have leftover for sides
  • Saturday - Chick-fil-A. They just opened a brand new location in town. We had one at the mall, but that's just too much work to get to. I love their Market Salad with grilled chicken. I usually get that (no cheese, granola or nuts) a small waffle fry and a small sweet tea.
  • Sunday - Homemade pizza...maybe

I'm still struggling with what to make for dinner. I love red meat and could eat it every night, but the family would revolt. I dislike chicken so I try to limit it to once a week and I won't eat it for leftovers.

It is so hard to get to the correct pace in such a short distance though.

Aim for time rather than pace. So 150m at R is 48.0 seconds. So the window to aim for is 47.0-49.9 seconds. 300m at R is 1:37, so aim for 1:35.0-1:39.9.

Also, remember not to rely on GPS for the 150m distance as it will struggle with something so short. So instead use the online satellite mapping tool and measure the distance between two man made objects. Then just repeat that distance between the objects (or head to the track, but I prefer the road).

So we are taking a 3 week road trip from FL up into Canada to Quebec City. My husband works from home and it’s a combined family visit so he doesn’t have to take all that time off. We are driving to Washington DC to visit for a few days. Then we head to Bar Harbor Maine & Acadia National Park. From there we hang with MIL & FIL for a few days before we go to Canada. We go back to IL’s and do some touristy stuff. Then it’s off to SIL house for my DS birthday and July 4th festivities. From there we stop in Massachusetts to see my mom before heading back to DC to take the Amtrak Auto Train home. It’s going to be interesting to see how my training plan fits in with all this.

So today reminded me why I always fall of the running wagon during the summer. I had to call it quits because of the humidity. It was bad even though I slowed down and walked during my speed intervals. I was sweating so bad that even my socks and shoes were damp!!! I had to take my sunglasses off because they stayed fogged up. Waiting on coach to let me know if I can salvage any of today’s run on a treadmill.

Yikes. I cant even imagine running in Florida in the spring/summer. Kudos to you for trying - I hope you were able to treadmill the rest of the run!

Yikes. I cant even imagine running in Florida in the spring/summer. Kudos to you for trying - I hope you were able to treadmill the rest of the run!

It’s bad this week! T+D was 145 at 6am and 152 right now at 11:20. I finished up yesterday on the treadmill and used it again today.

Heat and humidity KILL me. I'm not sure I could be a runner and live someplace like Florida!

I posted this in the Running Thread too.

I need treadmill help.

I’m trying to keep the price less than $2500 so that rules out higher end treadmills. I prefer to run outdoors so this for when I’m short on time or weather is crappy.

Went and tested two treadmills yesterday - Bowflex BXT216 & Sole F85. The Bowflex was way too bouncy. I was surprised at how much I liked the Sole. It was quiet, it shifted speeds and inclines smoothly and the running deck wasn’t bouncy. I’m not looking to purchase one for a few more months due to prior financial commitments. I’ve ruled out NordicTrack & ProForm due to prior experience, quality, warranty and customer service. Any others I should look at? Should I consider a used LifeFitness or Precor? Am I sacrificing any quality with the foldable kind? I don't need it to fold. I have a huge area it’s going in that nobody uses.

Heat and humidity KILL me. I'm not sure I could be a runner and live someplace like Florida!

The winters here remind me why I love it! Eventually we plan to become snowbirds. My inlaws have property in Maine that was put into a trust and after their deaths will pass to my DH & SIL.

I posted this in the Running Thread too.

I need treadmill help.

I’m trying to keep the price less than $2500 so that rules out higher end treadmills. I prefer to run outdoors so this for when I’m short on time or weather is crappy.

Went and tested two treadmills yesterday - Bowflex BXT216 & Sole F85. The Bowflex was way too bouncy. I was surprised at how much I liked the Sole. It was quiet, it shifted speeds and inclines smoothly and the running deck wasn’t bouncy. I’m not looking to purchase one for a few more months due to prior financial commitments. I’ve ruled out NordicTrack & ProForm due to prior experience, quality, warranty and customer service. Any others I should look at? Should I consider a used LifeFitness or Precor? Am I sacrificing any quality with the foldable kind? I don't need it to fold. I have a huge area it’s going in that nobody uses.

I have nothing to add on the brands that you mentioned, but I am glad to see you ruled out Proform. That is what I have and I hate it with a passion. The belt will not stay centered no matter what I do. I will add to make sure you pay for delivery and setup, it is so worth the extra cost! I thought I was going to break my toes or that the treadmill was going to fall down the stairs and kill me when my husband and I installed and set up ours. :duck:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!