slo’s Wednesday 4/10 poll - Bug Zapper 🦟

Bug Zapper - Do you or have you had one? (m.c.)

• I have one in our yard

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • I have one hanging off a balcony

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have one for our camping area

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • I used to have one in the past - I have no desire for one now

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I used to have one in the past - I should replace it

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • My parents had one when I was growing up

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • I’ve never had a bug zapper anywhere that I lived

Votes: 43 58.9%
  • What’s a bug zapper?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 4 5.5%

• Total voters
It’s Spring time, which means the pesky bugs are starting to emerge from their winter hibernation. Some of us have bugs worse than others. Many of us use a bug zapper to keep them under control. Let us know…..

Do you use a bug zapper in your yard or camping area?
If no…have you used one in the past?
(multiple choice)

For Me…..We’ve had one in the past - it hung on our shed, which is close to the pool. That thing would be zapping all the time, and I can say that it did help with keeping the mosquitoes to a minimum by the pool at dusk and night (not gone, just more tolerable). When the zapper died, we didn’t replace it because I got tired of hearing it all the time. We aren’t night time swimmers, so replacing it wasn’t needed (my girls swam at night when they were younger, but not once they were older). I don’t see us getting another one anytime soon.
View attachment 850135
That looks something like ours. We live in mosquito-central in N. Mn. Our state bird is the mosquito, LOL.
Seriously, they are really bad where we live. We are surrounded by trees and woods. The bug zapper is a life saver and allows us to sit outside.

Had one years ago, didn’t work that well. It seemed to mostly kill harmless bugs like regular flies and moths, but not help much with mosquitoes. And I don’t like the sound of the zapping.

We have the individual zappers that look like tennis racquets. They work pretty well- and there is a certain satisfaction that comes from getting even with the mosquitos!

Missed the poll yesterday! My parents had a bug zapper. Our house isn't one that we sit outside much, so we don't have one (never really considered it).

I wonder if they zap cicadas? Might be a big seller this year.
That sucker would be loud! :eek:

(If you find a zapper that zaps cicadas, put a tray under it so you can collect them to eat later)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter