Slow Seller Closing Docs

If it makes you feel better, I am under contract for two resale contracts at the moment. My first one seems to have slow sellers but supposedly they are sending documents this week. My second one was just sent to ROFR just yesterday…18 days after the broker said they sent it. Never sent it to the title agent, either. Thank goodness my title agent seems to be with it at least. Between this and waiting for my accountant to finish my delayed tax returns, I am really learning to practice my patience.

This is definitely why I’m a DIY person. I’m not so much fussed about the expediency as much as it falling through as we narrow in very close to the closing date. I assume the latest the title company would want the documents returned is two days prior.

This is downside of not using www.DVCresalemarket.com on this one. They hound you with updates, even when I was explicit about my timeframe as a buyer… now my only literal update on this contract was self-directed.

This is definitely why I’m a DIY person. I’m not so much fussed about the expediency as much as it falling through as we narrow in very close to the closing date. I assume the latest the title company would want the documents returned is two days prior.

This is downside of not using www.DVCresalemarket.com on this one. They hound you with updates, even when I was explicit about my timeframe as a buyer… now my only literal update on this contract was self-directed.
Would love to do taxes myself but our circumstances now require a professional unfortunately.

I have had a fantastic experience with https://www.dvcstore.com/ and they have been so professional the whole time. But sellers will be slow sometimes, though it makes me worry we could miss the closing date, of course. I won’t name my second broker; they are nice enough but wouldn’t be my first choice in the future based on this goof up unless they had the perfect contract for me (which they did in this circumstance). They have also only updated me when I requested; not a huge fan of that.

Update on my situation. I sent an email yesterday, 17 May, to see how the seller documents were coming along and what the next steps were if they weren't received by 31 May, our listed settlement date. DVC closings wrote back that the closing is scheduled for this Monday. In all fairness I have no idea what the seller's situation is so I'm not going to get too worked up over the timeline to return their documents. I'll be happy to have this contract closed and eventually see some points on my board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter