Small Contract owners

I bought a small 100 point contract because I could pay cash, can sustain the dues until 2042, and wanted to be a DVC owner from my first trip. Now I also get the chance to get sucked into direct ownership at a tiny discount!

A small cash resale contract allows me to dream for free whenever I wish. Who knows, maybe the 25 point blue card will return momentarily and I can be first in line!
I will be first in line if direct offered blue card benefits for 25 points!

I bought a small 100 point contract because I could pay cash, can sustain the dues until 2042, and wanted to be a DVC owner from my first trip. Now I also get the chance to get sucked into direct ownership at a tiny discount!

A small cash resale contract allows me to dream for free whenever I wish. Who knows, maybe the 25 point blue card will return momentarily and I can be first in line!
Getting a discount on direct is a great point I didn't mention due a reason to purchase small resale deeds. My DW got added to her mom's DVC deed via gratuitous transfer otherwise we would have considered a small resale contract first.

I will be first in line if direct offered blue card benefits for 25 points!
I don’t think I would ever even use the benefits, but even I would buy 25-50 direct just because.!!!

50 points at CCV.

We bought 150 points direct in 2022 at CCV. Realized a year later that if we wanted to go during school break I would like to have 200 points. Watched and found a 50 pt with our use year (Sept) show up. It took a while but did save almost 4k from going direct.

We purchased a 50 point BRV contract earlier this year. The original plan was that we'd only go every other year or every 3rd year, and stay in a studio.
Exactly why we did it as well (60 points at SSR). We haven't added on yet but our first trip with our daughter is later this year... so I expect we'll be looking at a bigger contract to cover 1 bedrooms not long after that.

I don't expect us to go to WDW more than every other year though so probably won't get too crazy. We like to mix in other destinations including international parks where DVC isn't useful.

We have had this issue multiple times with our small contracts.

When we check in on day one, we let the front desk know that we have the same room type and category, just two different memberships.

We have always had luck staying in the same room after this approach.

Sometimes the room assignor sees this ahead, but sometimes the front desk manager can help out and see the solution to keep you in the same room.
The issue here isn’t small contracts…. it’s multiple UYs…..

I honestly wonder how many more points they would sell if they dropped the minimum to 50 again. Hard to say if it would offset the cost of providing member benefits for those users.
I would buy today. I would be unlikely to buy APs or compete for moonlight madness. We wouldn't cost Disney much of anything except a bag of chips in the Epcot lounge and a few bucks in discounted moble ordering. However my trip frequency would double from every other to every year and double the profit WDW makes on me now!

I don't expect it to happen and if it does the economy will be in very bad shape, so I am not even hoping for it. But if it happens, i am ready.

Bought a small AKV contract specifically for staying there on split stays. We actually ended up with 2 different small contracts there for our short term needs, but will likely sell the one with a different UY than all of our other contracts at some point.

Have 3 small contracts. Originally bought 150 BRV resale. Decided we loved it but needed more points. Found a 50 pt BRV resale unicorn that matched our use year and snagged that. Then added 25 VB to get our blue card (was a quickie cheap purchase before the requirements went up. In retrospect, we would have grabbed BRV or AKV instead). Added on a small direct at AKV later, which we've been lucky enough to use to get club level for a night or 2. Since they're all the same UY, and we don't mind a split stay, it's worked for us. VB gets used as SAP.

Bought a small AKV contract specifically for staying there on split stays. We actually ended up with 2 different small contracts there for our short term needs, but will likely sell the one with a different UY than all of our other contracts at some point.
Literally just got my AKV points loaded today & am already planning to do the same. lol

Will you keep all your current resorts? I like your current spread.
Yep, my plan is to keep my 75 VGC June.
Then have all my WDW contracts in Sept/Oct. Currently only BWV is Oct, & my AKV is June, which is the one i want to switch over to Sept/Oct, but I'm in no hurry, I'll add when it pops up, & sell after it gets replaced.

The goal is (WDW):
30-60 BWV
<50 AKV
60-120 BLT/CCV

We started small to see if it would be of benefit to us, and knowing if it didn't work out we could resale it.
SPOILER ALERT! It's addicting!

We're now waiting to close on our 3rd contract. We needed some xtra points to fund our 3x a year visit. We were already paying cash for that additional visit we were making outside of our points... It just made sense to buy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter