Small World Vacations & Dreams Unlimited - how does it work?

KellO

Mouseketeer
Hi all

I've seen a lot of comments that SWV and DU are a great way of getting the best price and package you want, when coming from the UK.

My main questions:
If there are issues, such as companies going bump, is the holiday ATOL protected?
Can you pay in instalments, like on the WDW site, or do you have to pay up front?

Any had experience with them during this period? I'm sure if their communication during this time and with restrictions/booking changes have been good, then they can handle anything!

Last edited:
Update: just heard back from my SWV quote request and it looks like they’re not working with international visitors at this time.

@KellO

Dreams Unlimited are the owners of Disboards, @WebmasterJohn and @WebmasterPete and @DisneyKevin

I currently have a cruise booked with Dreams Unlimited and I live in Ireland. I originally had a September 2020 DCL cruise booked in July 2019. I paid in installments through Dreams Unlimited website. The money went direct to Disney and I got a payment receipt from Dreams Unlimited after each installment. I paid in US Dollars, which my credit card company converted to Euros.

Dreams Unlimited gave me 2 booking references, a Dreams Unlimited one and a Disney one. With the Disney booking reference I was able to log into the Disney Cruise Line App and see my booking.

When Covid 19 happened and Disney eventually cancelled my cruise, I was Pad In Full and was eligible for the Disney Cruise Line Future Cruise Credit. I emailed my Dreams Unlimited agent and gave instructions for a new cruise to be booked for September 2021. It was totally stress free and unlike people who had booked direct with Disney Cruise Line I din't have to wait hours on hold with international phone charges. My Dreams Unlimited Agent took care of everything.

Dreams Unlimited do not charge people for the service, they get paid commission from Disney. The price you pay when you book with Dreams Unlimited is the same as you would pay direct to Disney.

I currently have a cruise booked with Dreams Unlimited and I live in Ireland. I originally had a September 2020 DCL cruise booked in July 2019. I paid in installments through Dreams Unlimited website. The money went direct to Disney and I got a payment receipt from Dreams Unlimited after each installment. I paid in US Dollars, which my credit card company converted to Euros.

That's really reassuring. A great review for them!

Dreams Unlimited gave me 2 booking references, a Dreams Unlimited one and a Disney one. With the Disney booking reference I was able to log into the Disney Cruise Line App and see my booking.

I was wondering about that too as I know with WDW you have an account on the main site to review or purchase add ons.

It was totally stress free and unlike people who had booked direct with Disney Cruise Line I din't have to wait hours on hold with international phone charges. My Dreams Unlimited Agent took care of everything.

Amazing! I've already sent them a future booking quote request so hopefully I'll back from them in the near future with some details on how things will work :)

Thanks for letting me know how your experience went! Sounds great!

@KellO you are welcome. The way I see it, booking with Dreams Unlimited helps keeps Disboards online. Also unlike UK and Ireland travel agents, they are specialized Disney travel agents. You should check out the DisUnplugged https://www.youtube.com/c/DISUnplugged/videos and Dreams Unlimited https://www.youtube.com/c/Dreamsunlimitedtravel/videos Youtube channels John, Kevin and Pete , the owners of Disboads and Dreams Unlimited are very active and upload videos every week. Especially now, it really gives me confidence in Dreams Unlimited as a travel agency when they are very visible and open about everything going on with Disney and the travel industry in general.

@KellO you are welcome. The way I see it, booking with Dreams Unlimited helps keeps Disboards online. Also unlike UK and Ireland travel agents, they are specialized Disney travel agents. You should check out the DisUnplugged https://www.youtube.com/c/DISUnplugged/videos and Dreams Unlimited https://www.youtube.com/c/Dreamsunlimitedtravel/videos Youtube channels John, Kevin and Pete , the owners of Disboads and Dreams Unlimited are very active and upload videos every week. Especially now, it really gives me confidence in Dreams Unlimited as a travel agency when they are very visible and open about everything going on with Disney and the travel industry in general.
Absolutely! I did have a look at some of the UK travel agents but I wasn't sold on them so originally intended to plan myself. Then I saw that it might actually save me money & get a better holiday out of seeking a pro, how could I turn that down?

So many companies are going bump so it certainly is reassuring seeing them being active. I learned today that STA Travel went under yesterday and that made me really sad as my first big trips (2 US tours) were through them!

Absolutely! I did have a look at some of the UK travel agents but I wasn't sold on them so originally intended to plan myself. Then I saw that it might actually save me money & get a better holiday out of seeking a pro, how could I turn that down?

So many companies are going bump so it certainly is reassuring seeing them being active. I learned today that STA Travel went under yesterday and that made me really sad as my first big trips (2 US tours) were through them!

I know I saw that about STA :( The Irish part of STA - USIT Travel closed in March / April which is a big loss. Some of my first trips to USA were with them too.

I know I saw that about STA :( The Irish part of STA - USIT Travel closed in March / April which is a big loss. Some of my first trips to USA were with them too.

Hopefully at least the smaller travel companies manage to get through, like GAdventures. Especially as there are so many communities relying on tourist groups for income.

DU still takes international clients. I'm booked on a few cruises in 2021.

BadPinkTink is perfectly right in everything she said. I'm from the EU and I love working with them. They always respond very quickly and efficiently to my emails. They always have great tips as to timing my dinner reservations to see the fireworks, what restaurants to chose. They helped me figure out what parks to visit when and so on. I love their service.

I'm also waiting to book an end of year 21 trip to WDW, I just let my travel agent know and they will give me a quote as soon as booking opens up.
I have used them on opening day for cruises before and I always got exactly the cabin I wanted.

I had a cruise canceled by Disney, for this year and I just emailed my agent to have my credit transferred to a 2021 cruise. I never had to pick up a phone to contact Disney.
I had them cancel my after cruise WDW package too, and got my refund from Disney directly within the week.

I'm sure that if you book with DU, you will soon be as enchanted by them as we are. :flower1:

DU still takes international clients. I'm booked on a few cruises in 2021.

BadPinkTink is perfectly right in everything she said. I'm from the EU and I love working with them. They always respond very quickly and efficiently to my emails. They always have great tips as to timing my dinner reservations to see the fireworks, what restaurants to chose. They helped me figure out what parks to visit when and so on. I love their service.

I'm also waiting to book an end of year 21 trip to WDW, I just let my travel agent know and they will give me a quote as soon as booking opens up.
I have used them on opening day for cruises before and I always got exactly the cabin I wanted.

I had a cruise canceled by Disney, for this year and I just emailed my agent to have my credit transferred to a 2021 cruise. I never had to pick up a phone to contact Disney.
I had them cancel my after cruise WDW package too, and got my refund from Disney directly within the week.

I'm sure that if you book with DU, you will soon be as enchanted by them as we are. :flower1:
That sounds perfect! I hate talking on the phone and handling all the mess that comes about if things go squiffy. So it's nice to know that they're easy to deal with and that you're thrilled with the service you receive every time. Can't wait!

i use DU for cruises, but i wouldn't think that they're the best option for WDW for UK visitors.
UK visitors to WDW have much better ticket options than US guests, and i'm not sure whether DU is authorized to sell UK packages.
My suggestion is that you check all options before picking one.

i use DU for cruises, but i wouldn't think that they're the best option for WDW for UK visitors.
UK visitors to WDW have much better ticket options than US guests, and i'm not sure whether DU is authorized to sell UK packages.
My suggestion is that you check all options before picking one.

What options do you think we're given over US guests? I honestly have no idea!

I've certainly done the costings for doing it all myself, as best I can when the dates haven't all been released. I guess I'll know whether it's a better deal when I do hear back, possibly in a couple of weeks.

What options do you think we're given over US guests? I honestly have no idea!

I've certainly done the costings for doing it all myself, as best I can when the dates haven't all been released. I guess I'll know whether it's a better deal when I do hear back, possibly in a couple of weeks.
the UK ticket options are much cheaper than what is on offer to US guests, especially the 14 day ultimate.
If you're going for a short stay, then the US ticket might be ok.
But for anything over a 10 day stay, the only option for UK visitors is the UK ticket.

Compare the costs of the two tickets and you'll see the UK ticket is cheaper and also includes memory maker, which isn't included in the US ticket (they pay separately).

As for packages, UK packages sometimes have better discounts.

the UK ticket options are much cheaper than what is on offer to US guests, especially the 14 day ultimate.
But for anything over a 10 day stay, the only option for UK visitors is the UK ticket.

Compare the costs of the two tickets and you'll see the UK ticket is cheaper and also includes memory maker, which isn't included in the US ticket (they pay separately).

Oh wow! I didn't know this at all! I've mostly been reading people speculating that there are better offers for US folk, which is why they were recommending going through US trip planners that work with international clients.

Oh wow! I didn't know this at all! I've mostly been reading people speculating that there are better offers for US folk, which is why they were recommending going through US trip planners that work with international clients.

The offers are different, but terms and conditions are also different. You always lose your deposit with the UK package, if you have to cancel ( Don't know if they have special cancelation policies now with covid19)
UK packages often include a moderate hotel and not value hotels. That can make a price difference.
I have also found that free dinning offers are released earlier for UK / EU residents but have better value for US packages.

Of course, do your research. I assumed that you knew about the UK specific packages and preferred the US ones. I mostly do.
I heard rumors that the 14 days ultimate tickets won't be allowed for the 50th anniversary celebrations. I don't know if your travel dates are in that range.

I often have difficulties accessing the US Disney site, so I need a US travel agent to check those prices for me. I then compare with the UK/EU offer and make my choice.

For cruises there is no difference between UK/EU and US clients. That's why I always book my cruises with DU.

The offers are different, but terms and conditions are also different. You always lose your deposit with the UK package, if you have to cancel ( Don't know if they have special cancelation policies now with covid19)
UK packages often include a moderate hotel and not value hotels. That can make a price difference.
I have also found that free dinning offers are released earlier for UK / EU residents but have better value for US packages.

Of course, do your research. I assumed that you knew about the UK specific packages and preferred the US ones. I mostly do.
I heard rumors that the 14 days ultimate tickets won't be allowed for the 50th anniversary celebrations. I don't know if your travel dates are in that range.

I often have difficulties accessing the US Disney site, so I need a US travel agent to check those prices for me. I then compare with the UK/EU offer and make my choice.

For cruises there is no difference between UK/EU and US clients. That's why I always book my cruises with DU.

Thanks for the info! I’ve not accessed the US site so far but I’ll see if I can work it out to have a look at the difference.

I presume you only lose the deposit if you cancel rather than re-schedule but I’m sure all that is diff after Covid. I’ll def be looking at the T&Cs before booking anything though.

Pop seems to be the lowest cost resort that I’ve seen as part of the UK packages.

i‘be seen 14 days is still available up to mid-Sept but I think we’ll be doing 7 anyway, after working out the diff between packages and Disney and staying onsite at Universal.

At the mo, my travel dates will be between Sept and Nov but not set dates yet.

BIG BIG HOWEVER

all this was true before Covid. Ive been following things on a UK Disney Forum, people who booked WDW in 2020 through UK travel agents especially for the 14 and 21 day special UK tickets. The UK people feel very let down by the way UK customers have been treated during Covid 19 cancellations. For 2021 there are no free dining plans and the UK special 14 day and 21 day tickets which they got for 2020 are not valid for 2021. People have been able to rebook the hotels but not the tickets.

Honestly Covid 19 is changing A LOT of things. I really would just not assume that the UK deals , special offers and special tickets will be available in 2021

Honestly Covid 19 is changing A LOT of things. I really would just not assume that the UK deals , special offers and special tickets will be available in 2021

There are UK deals for resort stays available such as Magic Bands, passes & Memory Maker up until the end of Sep 2021 so far. There isn't any dining plans as yet, I don't think, but I don't plan to purchase them anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter