Smoking at BWV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizziejane

<font color=darkorchid>Funny how everyone is diffe
We have a non-smoking room booked at BWV next week, but I'm wondering, can DH smoke on the balcony? And what about the BW itself?

Smoking is only allowed in smoking optional rooms.

There have been times when the CM's have allowed smoking on the balconies of n/s rooms when smoking rooms have not been available. But, occupying a non smoking room with the intent of smoking on the balcony is wrong.

But out of respect for the non-smokers - you are probably better off either getting a smoking room or ask for a room on the first floor that has a walk/out patio - that way he can take a stroll w/o disturbing the neighbors

And, for what its worth, my hubby and I are smokers.:confused3

Smoking is only allowed in smoking optional rooms.
There have been times when the CM's have allowed smoking on the balconies of n/s rooms when smoking rooms have not been available.
Florida law permits smoking in open air areas.

But, occupying a non smoking room with the intent of smoking on the balcony is wrong.
Generally, I'd agree..unless the OP requested a smoking room and was assigned something different than their request. In which case, the balcony would be IMHO an acceptable smoking area.

But out of respect for the non-smokers - you are probably better off either getting a smoking room or ask for a room on the first floor that has a walk/out patio - that way he can take a stroll w/o disturbing the neighbors
that would be ideal.

Oh, and yes - smoking on the boardwalk (as it's open air) is permitted.

I'm going to BWV. Won't be happy in my nonsmoking room if I step out and have to deal with drifting smoke!:mad:

I'm going to BWV. Won't be happy in my nonsmoking room if I step out and have to deal with drifting smoke!:mad:

Point taken - I will see if there's anyway to switch our request.

Just curious - are certain floors non-smoking, or sections of the resort? I'm wondering how they stop smoke from a smoking-room balcony from drifting over or up to a non-smoking balcony. I would imagine the top floor is smoking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter