SMSM discount

Bernie23

Earning My Ears
Hi, I have heard that booking your discount further out can often lead to the cheapest price. I'm thinking of going next August, so does anyone know how far in advance the SMSM promotion is typically offered?

Thank you!

It's offered as soon as the reservations are available for the dates. The SMSM discount doesn't change with time. It will be the same at 10 months out as it is 1 month out. Only risk of waiting is the room type you want being sold out. They also only alot a certain amount of rooms for the discount.

Keep in mind that there are two different sets of SMSM rates: holiday/Peak/Summer and Value/Regular. The number of days you go impacts the discount. There are times that the APH rate is better, and others when SMSM is better...

Can you share what SMSM is. I know APH, but I cannot find SMSM defined. Thanks! It's been a long time since I've planned for Universal.

It's Stay More Save More. Basically a pretty good discount if you stay enough days, typically 6 or 7. For us it was cheaper to stay at HRH the entire week over Easter vs splitting the stay at Cabana bay because the SMSM rate was a significant discount.

We have booked smsm at rph for Aug 2018. I found a huge seasonaldrop in nightly rate beginning Aug 13th, which makes the smsm rate way cheaper by about $100 a night! We got rph for 5 nights starting Aug 13th in a standard room for $1193 total w tax. Water view was $25 a night more, not worth it imo. I think the standard rooms will go quickly, so if you have the 1st nights deposit, you should lock it in now. Those will sell out. U can always cancel via cancellation policies. Package definately not worth it. Their identical tickets made the "smsm package" over $200 higher than what I payed reserving smsm room and buying tix from discounter.

I don't know if the SMSM discount % changes, but the room price changes a lot and frequently. I booked Hard Rock for a week in August two months ago. I got it for 225 a night. Price now is 325 a night. Book early and change your reservation if the price goes down.

If SMSM is available, book it. I booked last April for next April at Royal pacific and got a great price with the discount. In August, we decided to extend by 1 night. The discount was no longer available and the price was $100 per night higher.

I just realized I may have booked our week at the Hard Rock a week earlier than I was supposed to. Interestingly, the SMSM for that week is $600 a night! The regular price is cheaper at 325 a night! What are the chances SMSM gets reduced? I'm guessing there is no real answer, it's just a roll of the dice.

I just realized I may have booked our week at the Hard Rock a week earlier than I was supposed to. Interestingly, the SMSM for that week is $600 a night! The regular price is cheaper at 325 a night! What are the chances SMSM gets reduced? I'm guessing there is no real answer, it's just a roll of the dice.

Just keep checking........if it does come down call and have the lower cost applied to your reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter